2009 Spring Fling Contest Results

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on - Congratulations, everyones a winner!

144-scale-dollhouse.jpg

That's right, everyone who entered is going to get a 144 scale version of the Loganberry Mill! We scaled down this wonderful little house and put our new laser cutter to work so everyone can have a memento of this historic event! I hope everyone enjoys this house as much as we've enjoyed looking at you amazing projects!

Congrats to our winners! :groupwave: I realized that Intrinsicat had one of the strongest entries in the field and was my personal favortite!

After seeing your wonderful houses, and my submitting a wrong photo (maybe two, I haven't checked the gallery yet), and getting my photo's uploaded 17 minutes late, I knew that the fates were knot with me - perhaps they had watched all the others as they uploaded and formed their opinions and wanted to prevent me from getting my hopes up.

I'm just tickled pink about the mini mill! :congrats: When I saw the entry with the mini Fling, I cried out! I wanted one too! I'm not sure that I have the skill to recreate Loganberry Mill in 1/144", though it would be a treat! Any plans for a tut? :music_band:

Ohhhhh, :music_band: CONGRATULATIONS to all winners, both young and adults (?) :groupwave: GREAT work and soemthing I really, really don't envy the judges to have to go through really and a major WOW as to the mini mini one, now that is just precious!!!!!

I am sorry to hear that your furbaby has been going through some rough times though Dean and happy to hear that Seven is on the mend!!!

Way to go everyone!

Hugs

Congratulations to all the wonderful and talented members who submitted an entry - you are all WINNERS in my book, too! What a terrible job the judges had - I couldn't have narrowed it down, I love ALL the entries so much. :groupwave: So much eye-candy to devour for days to come!

Dean, you are an amazing guy - even with your furbaby in a crisis (I'm so glad to hear that Seven is on the mend) and all the new kits you're working on - you still found time for the contest. You are a very thoughtful, special person - we love our leader. :music_band: Out of all the dear people here - you're the tops.

I wish to add my heartfelt congratulations to all of the talented winners. Also, I have to tell each and every other entrant how much I have enjoyed their incredible entries . . . they ALL had me saying, "oh my gosh, THAT's the winner!". Our poor judges must be exhausted!!!!! I also (literally) squealed with delight when I saw what all who entered are receiving: it couldn't be a nicer "consolation" prize . . . I am, in fact, working on a very special project right now that is going to involve several 1:144 scale pieces. I am planning to try to replicate my Spring Fling entry in this miniature version. To Greenleaf: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! The amount of thought that you put into making this contest wonderful for everyone is just amazing. I know one thing . . . after seeing what everyone did with this awesome little kit, I think it needs to remain a stock item! I know I hope to buy a few more!

Oops I forgot to gloat! To all those who didn't submit their houses because they didn't think they were good enough: :congrats: You miss out on the mini Loganberry Mill! That alone makes us all aglow! :groupwave:

Hey Lynette (or is it Aileen :music_band: ) that seems a little mean IMHO

:music_band: How fun. YEAH!!!! And I'm just really getting in to 1:144, so that ROCKS! Thank you, Dean. And congrats to all. When I saw that mill--my father was peeking over my shoulder--both our jaws hit the floor. Well deserved! And congrats to the 5-way tie youth division. WHOO HOOOOOOO!

:music_band: CONGRATULATION !!!! I am so happy for everyone !! And for all of us getting such a great gift !! Thank you so much Dean !!

Many others watched my work in progress and wondered how to get such an imaginative kit that can be used for so much and I said right this way to the website !! So hopefully there will be more kits going out into the world ! this was really a great kit and full of so many possibilities!!

:groupwave:

And I enjoyed everyones houses... :groupwave:

Thanks for the gift...

If I would have known that I was going to receive my very own mini Loganberry Mill,

I would have never made one out of construction paper (NOT!) :music_band:

APPLAUSE! WHISTLING!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Magnificent, wonderful. I loved this contest so much and cannot wait for the next.

Jen's windmill is one of my favorites too. I do not know how the jusdges sorted through this. You are right, every one is a winner. So much creative talent and diversity. Not to mention that everyone is just so darned nice. :music_band:

Twinkle and I would like to add our CONGRATULATIONS to everybody. :congrats:

We love to look at all the entries and just love all the tiny details that everyone put in their pieces. What a lot of great talent and hard work is represented in this group !!!!

Can't wait to see what our next adventure with Greenleaf will be. :groupwave:

Thanks for the wonderful participation gift. It will be fun to display. :music_band:

:music_band: :groupwave::congrats:

CONGRATULATIONS TO THIS YEAR'S WINNERS, TO DEAN FOR A WONDERFULLY CREATIVE KIT TO WORK WITH, AND TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS YEAR'S CONTEST. ALL I CAN SAY IS THEY ARE BEATHTAKING, EVERY ONE OF THEM. THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME AND WHAT A BLAST IT WAS. I'M SO PROUD TO BE A PART OF THIS YEAR'S CONTESTANTS!

Congrats to all the winners! I still don't know how the judges were able to pick a winner.....LOL I could only narrow it down to like TEN and that was without seeing ALL the entries! Seriously though--I'm super amazed by the talent folks here possess! I feel lucky just having been able to FINISH something!

Great job EVERYONE! Everyone's entries were lovely and everyone is a work of art!