A question about Beacon Hill

Anya

What is included in a beacon Hill dolls house kit?

For example, doors, windows, shingles, siding etc?

I am really worried mine will arrive with just the wood and nothing else.

The nearer it gets to arriving the more nervous I get :lol: . I have ordered mine from Elora dolls house website.

I thought it was a UK based company as the prices on their site were in British pounds but it is actually a company based in Canada.

I hope the dolls house won't get broken, its got a long way to travel.

Are dolls houses usually packed well?

Thank you.

Hi There sunnyray and Welcome to the forum!

The Beacon Hill comes with windows & Trim, Doors plastic silk screeened window inserts, shingles & siding ALL of which are in kit form. Youwill have to put all parts together but it will look as elegant as it does in the picture when you finish.

Is this your first kit??

Hello Mini shop :lol: . Yes, this is my first beacon hill kit. I have put two other kits together. One was 1/24 scale, the other 1/12.

I have never ordered a dolls house from overseas before so thats why I'm a little nervous. I just hope it won't get damaged.

I am hoping the instructions come with it too.

Do you Have a Beacon Hill? If so was it easy to assemble?

Thank you.

I have completed the building process of a partially done Beacon hill and I tell you, the one I built straight from the box (start - finish) was much more simple.

I can't say this is an easy kit but it can be simple if you read the instructions several times before you assemble. Most people fell that American dollhouse instructions are too complicated (Which may be true but I have nothing to compare it to).

Take you time and Don't get frustrated! This is easy to do when you make time frames that are not realistic for you to achieve or when your pieces don't fit right or when you first open the box and realize how much there is to do. Just take a deep breath and remember this is a hobby and is suppose to be FUN. So don't over complicate it.

Remember, you have all of us here to help! :lol:

I just received a Brookwood kit that I bought on eBay and it arrived much faster than I'd thought, and without any damage.

I think building a Greenleaf from the box is actually very easy if you follow the instructions. I'm not saying it's not a lot of work, there are a gazillion steps, but if you take it one step at a time, the individual steps are not difficult.

The Beacon Hill is a great house. And there are forums here on this board where you can ask any and all questions about building, and get advice from people who've built the house or are working on it at the moment...

Have fun!!!

:lol: Where can you buy the bits and pieces to modify beacon hill?

I've also seen some trees displayed with models, where can you get those? They are quite large.

I'd really like to see a pic of a Beacon Hill interior door?

I am curious to see how they look.

Could anyone help me out please?

By the way. Is there a possibility if any of you give me the overall measurements of each room in Beacon Hill?

I would be so grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Hi sunnyray,

I did the Beacon Hill as my first house and I also received it from Elora Dollhouses. It arrived in excellent condition although it was missing the front porch sheet. When you get it, go through the list of what all should be in the box to make sure everything is there and if anything is missing, call Greenleaf right away (number will be on the instructions) and let them know. I received the sheet within a week and didn't have to wait to begin the porch.

If you do plan on wallpapering or painting at all, do it before you put the stairs in, that will save you alot of headaches.

Good luck and most of all, have fun!

Wendy