5/1/06 Swaps/Gift Exchanges

Have you ever joined a miniature Swap or gift exchange?

If not, why not? If you have, what was your favorite themes?

What was the biggest amount of swap items you had to make at one time for a swap?

Well as a matter of fact . . . :blink:

I've been in two swaps here on the Greenleaf forum . . . the fall swap and the spring swap. I have to say that I enjoyed both swaps and that each one was a favorite. The most items I made was for the spring swap at 15 items (or was it 14?). :blink:

Anyway, looking forward to other swaps in the future!! B)

I forgot to add my answers LOL

1. I have joined a lot of them I don't join some because I feel inexperianced in

making something in that theme sometimes.

2. My favorite themes where Getlemans Study, Bathroom, Spring, Autumn, Fantasy,

Attic

3. there were 64 people in the 1/2" scale swap I joined in on last year. That was HUGE

and I have not done that again though . I still feel inexperianced in that scale and I

must say 64 is a big number to do a swap when you feel inexperianced at it :blink:

I'm just feeling bad for the poor little hub who had to package up 64 items and take 64 boxes to the post office for delivery! 15 of them was hard enough!

1. I have been involved in many swaps

2. I have a few favorite items. 1 is a witch made by David I recieved in a Halloween swap here. another is also Halloween related, It is a dolls head on a platter. Another is a serving plate of veggies i got in a swap here as well. I can not at this moment remember who made it or which swap it was. The detail on the face is wonderful. I trully appreciate everything I recieve

When showing off my houses to friends I often point out things my "friends on the internet" made me.

There are so many items I would not own if not for the talent and genoristy of those involved in the swaps.

3.34 items I believe that was in an online group called MCC or something. I can not seem to remember much today, sorry.

Melissa

I did the autumn swap here and the 1:24 toy swap, to see if I could make something in 1:24. They were fun, and some day I may join in another, but with all the other activities DH finds for us to do I like to use what time I'm home building houses and making things for them.

My favorite swap item has to be the birdfeeder Lynette made for the autumn swap, because the little perch looks like the face is sticking its tongue out!

I think the largest swap I ever participated in was 16. I almost joined the same 1/2" swap that Tracy was talking about, but I regained my sanity after making 20 of the same item.

I don't know what my favorite themes are, although Halloween swaps are always fun.

I almost joined the same 1/2" swap that Tracy was talking about, but I regained my sanity after making 20 of the same item.

:blink: Well, I woke up and did not do it this year for sure though, I was very tempted to try and buy a set this year. The things people make are just wonderful over there Cat. You could fill a whole house with those things for sure but, that was just a bit much for me this year. :blink:

Have you ever joined a miniature Swap or gift exchange?

If not, why not? If you have, what was your favorite themes?

What was the biggest amount of swap items you had to make at one time for a swap?

No, I haven't mainly because I don't think I would have the time to complete the items. I am pretty busy as it is.

:blink: oh yes the time factor drives me crazy especially since I always wait till one week before they'er due and then I change my mind and don't like what I have made up already so I change them sometimes.

That get's me in trouble a lot!

I love to swap. I am addicted to it LOL

I own a group on yahoo and Fern is the swap mistress.

once you start and get it in your blood you can't stop. :blink:

I am working on a teapot swap and we have to make 20..

I am trying to cut down on the swaps the rest of the year since I am moving in a few weeks.

My favorite theme's Birdhouses (since I am working on this project)

Christmas

Summer

Hunting Lodge

mini hugs

Jennifer

I have not ever joined any swaps, but I really want to. I'm still building and not at the making things stage.. hopefully soon. I really want to join a swap soon!!! I'll have to practice a few things first....

I think I belong to Jennifers Yahoo group. I'm mostly a lurker on there just trying to get some pointers for when I do start doing swaps! :blink: Everyone seems to have been doing it for a really long time and know what they are doing. Makes me a bit nervous that I will screw it up... but I'll get over it.

No, I haven't mainly because I don't think I would have the time to complete the items. I am pretty busy as it is.

Well, at the risk of bursting everyone's bubbles, my kitchen swap did not take very much time. Not much time at all. And I can't say more until the swap is complete.

I have participated in numerous swaps, usually as the HUB. Only recently I became brave enough to try making items myself.

I don't have a favorite swap item that I have received--I truthfully treasure them all! I love being able to show people things that my friends have made for me! I don't have a favorite theme either ... but I do love seeing what everyone comes up with.

I have not ever joined any swaps, but I really want to. I'm still building and not at the making things stage.. hopefully soon. I really want to join a swap soon!!!

Jaimie, did you place a vote for the upcoming June swap?

Only recently I became brave enough to try making items myself.

Well you have been doing a darn fine job of it Linda! I thougt you had been doing swaps for a long while! Sometimes my stuff don't come out the way I picture it in my head but hey, I am still learning too :blink: . I think that is part of what I like about the swaps, you challenge yourself and learn a lot in the process.

Here is a picture of a swap I was in last month. It was a bathroom swap. I did my best but they did not turn out how I visualized them to be :blink:

post-4-1146538139_thumb.jpg

Sometimes my stuff don't come out the way I picture it in my head but hey, I am still learning too :blink: . I

I have that problem a lot too, LOL! My little vanity trays didn't come out the way they were pictured in my head either. My little scarecrows didn't come out the way I thought they would either, but I had a lot of fun doing them! My kitchen swap, well I'm kinda thrilled with that one. I think I could have done a better job, but I'm learning ...

Love the little bathroom swaps items Tracy!

I think the biggest swap I have done is the Autumn swap here. I love to swap too! It is just like christmas. You never know what you are going to get but you know it will be great whatever it is. :blink: I don't know if I have a favorite theme and I just love everything. My daughter just said the other day that I had such nice friends to send me such nice things, and then asked when they were going to send her some things too. :blink: ( I sometimes let her pick something out of my swap box. She is very good at keeping her house nice. She just turned 6 and has never broken anything.)

Jaimie, did you place a vote for the upcoming June swap?

I don't think I did, because I'm not ready to do swaps just yet. Once I have compelte the house I can start on all the great crafts that I want to do and I will join one then. I guess I can't have too many projects going at once or I feel so unorganized... and that really makes me crazy-insane. I'm sooo close to finishing the outside of the house... maybe I can do the July swap (whatever it may be). I'll make that my goal!

there were 64 people in the 1/2" scale swap I joined in on last year.

Wow! That's incredible! I'm wondering how long it tookto make all the items. The biggest swap I've been in I think was the last one.. what was it 15 items?

My favorite theme will always be Halloween - there's so much you can make that would fit into a Halloween swap - anything that you could make for any other swap can be adjusted to fit perfectly into a halloween theme! unfortunately the same does not work in reverse :blink: .. some of the other swaps I really have to search hard to find an item to make. And so far none of my projects come out the way I envisions them lol :blink: - the hats came closest though! :p

Melissa - that head on a platter sounds awesome! :D Now I have a good reason to learn to make lettuce lol B)

- David :D

Go for broke, David! I'm inordinately pleased at how my very first foray into polyclay cabbages & cauliflowers turned out (pictures as soon as I finish the roll).

On another group I am on, they are talking about the ren fests and halloween stuff :lol:

Oh David, it really did not take too long. I would do 10 one day and then 15 another day and that was how I got them all done. I had to break it up some :lol:

Oh David, it really did not take too long. I would do 10 one day and then 15 another day and that was how I got them all done. I had to break it up some :lol:

She says as my eyes are rollin' back in my head and sparks are shooting out the top and smoke is comin' out me ears from just the thought of doing this!

She says as my eyes are rollin' back in my head and sparks are shooting out the top and smoke is comin' out me ears from just the thought of doing this!

Yeah, you said it! I start getting whiny if I have to make more than 8.

Hmm, I just noticed that I broke 1000. Wonder when that happened?