Haven't been on much

jdeer96

Sorry I haven't been on much, moving to Shreveport and working all the time has kept me a little on the busy side. I have good news and bad news. Well not really bad but scary news.

The good news:

We moved into a rental double wide in a little town North of Shreveport. Its real nice. Its has 4 bed, 3 bath, double sided fireplace that seperates the 2 living rooms, a formal and informal dinning room and a decent size yard. We moved in on May 23rd and have loved it ever since. Our neighbors across the street are a bunch of cows. We just had new neighbors moved in starting today. We have a real nice older couple that lives behind us that has 3 pomerainians (don't know if I spelled it right or not).

The bad or scary news:

I happened while I was sitting behind my computer at home looking at the pictures I took of the big storm that we had rolled in on the 10th. It was a pretty good storm for us storm lovers, my wife not included in loving the storms down here. Well anyways, I was looking through the pics the all of a sudden, I could not move or talk. I was trying to talk but my mouth would not cooperate with me and work. I was talking in my head but no words were coming out of my mouth. My wife said that my right side of my face slid down while this was going on. Come to find out that I had a mild stroke. Now, on top of it all I almost blacked out at work today. Can a guy catch a break? I am almost 31 and having all these problems now, I really cannot wait till my 40's come around. LOL.

I am trying to find a doc around here for my high blood pressure. My wife is threatening me to hurry up and find one just incase this happens again. My family do suffer from cardio problems.

Thank you all for letting me ramble on. I think this has been the longest post I have done on here. I will try to keep all of you updated.

Jeremy.

Good grief Jeremy-get that butt moving and haul it in to see a Dr immediatedly!! Do not be a typical male, and wait till they find out what went wrong in the autopsy!! It's too late then, the damage is done!! Don't want to sound mean, just firm. I am a Mom of 5, (2 are almost your age) and If I lived closer, I'd be dragging you to the DR's kicking and screaming myself! Everyone here is a family member to me, and I don't want to loose anyone. Promise you are not going to wait to see a DR!!

Congrats on the move, but I agree with the rest of the bunch on taking the bad news seriously. Consider it a blessing to get a warning signal.

Here, watch this - I love this commercial, very effective I think...

Arrow commercial

I think in our twenties and thirties it's still such an abstract concept to consider our mortality.

You had yourself a big warning but also a Blessing- get yourself to a Dr. now!! I'm a

nurse so don't argue!!!And congrats on the move......What?? are you still here??Why

aren't you in the car going for your Dr. appointment..Go on.... :D

. Come to find out that I had a mild stroke. Jeremy.

I can only assume that you did make it to an emergency room and get care. But you get your butt out the door and to a physcian right now and get the care you need!!! This is no laughing matter. Get on the phone right now and make an appointment.!!!! Lecture over. We don't want to loose you. your new home sounds wonderful. glad you enjoy it. Rita

Oh Jeremy!! You have to get checked out!! Find a doctor please right away! The longer you take the less you chances are of recovery from something like this. Preventative care is so important! You are so young but not too young to take care of yourself.

Congratulations on the new place!

J, I'd get that checkout out if I were you. I used to have high blood pressure when I was 19 and 20 - until I stopped getting it checked. Last few times I went to the doc recently it wasn't high (used to be 135 over 120) I lucked out but I know of a few guys who are our age and mostly drool on themselves after stroking out. Heart disease isn't just for older folks anymore. Strange thing about was I wasn't overweight, didn't smoke and never experimented with drugs. The culprit was Mountain Dew. Whenever I drink one, the numbers spike.

J, I'd get that checkout out if I were you. I used to have high blood pressure when I was 19 and 20 - until I stopped getting it checked. Last few times I went to the doc recently it wasn't high (used to be 135 over 120) I lucked out but I know of a few guys who are our age and mostly drool on themselves after stroking out. Heart disease isn't just for older folks anymore. Strange thing about was I wasn't overweight, didn't smoke and never experimented with drugs. The culprit was Mountain Dew. Whenever I drink one, the numbers spike.

Did you know that Mountain Dew is loaded with caffeine?

How do you know you had a stroke? Did you go to the hospital? And they did not treat you for the high blood pressure immediately? You need to get to the doctors like yesterday!! Or get a good life insurance policy for the sake of your family.

Congrats on the new house by the way.

Did you know that Mountain Dew is loaded with caffeine?

Heh, I used to waitress at a buffet restaurant. I'd constantly get people asking me what sodas I have with no caffeine. Sprite and Ginger Ale. Then they'd reply "I'll take a Mountain Dew". If I ever attempted to explain that Mountain Dew is the exact opposite of Caffeine Free, I'd get SUCH dirty looks, I eventually gave up. People slay me....

It is perhaps fate that you mention this at this time, Jeremy. I have a story to relate:

I work in a small law office with 2 attorneys and 2 secretaries. The other attorney, not the one I work for, is a strapping 43-year old who is a tall, robust, athletic, physically active man .......an award-winning golfer, tennis player, walker.

This last Monday, the 15th, he apparently had some mild chest discomfort. Wrote it off as heartburn from some recent gastro troubles. Wife gave him anti-acids and they ignored it.

On Tuesday, he came to the office, went to a brief court hearing, came back for some appointments and went behind his closed door to finish some work. And collapsed. By the time we realized he was uncharacteristically late to meet with his waiting client, a half hour or so had elapsed. When we found him laying behind his desk, he looked horrible and his color was ghastly. I did chest compressions while waiting for the EMTs, but I knew it was too late.

Massive coronary. Could he have been saved IF he'd not ignored the warning signs and gotten a medical evaluation the night before?........ :) ......that's what his poor wife is left wondering now.

He leaves behind a stunned community, grieving parents, a beautiful wife and 3-yr-old daughter who absolutely adored him.

The moral you need to take from this is simple. Take this gifted warning and use it wisely! GO TO A DOCTOR, ANY DOCTOR, NOW! Don't wait for another episode, possibly incapacitating or fatal. Listen to your wife and go now. You don't want your wife to be where his wife is at this very moment...at the funeral home wondering all the "what ifs" and "if onlys" that come with this kind of senseless, preventable tragedy.

Check into this now.........please......so your forum family doesn't have to nag you daily along with your wife....... :)

Check into this now.........please......so your forum family doesn't have to nag you daily along with your wife....... :)

I just called the doctor my new neighbor told me about. I am waiting to hear back from her on when she can get me in. I really do appreciate all of ya'lls advice and concernes. Last night, me and the entire family went on a nice casual 2 mile walk. Its nothing that I use to do in the past with my mom. We are power walkers and would walk 2 miles in 30 minutes or less. I still walk fast to this day going shopping and everything else. I don't think my legs know how to walk slow anymore. All of our kids loved it, even my 3 year old son who still wanted to keep walking after we were gone for 45 minutes. We are going to keep doing that while the weather is still nice (I don't think any of us would like to be soaking wet from the rain when we come back home).

• 3 months later...

Its been awhile since I have been on here. Real life as been keeping me busy alot lately; kids going to school and helping with homework when I get home, work and all of the usual things that summer and early fall have to offer.

I just wanted to give everyone a update on me. I have been to a regular doctor for my blood pressure and I have changed my diet to a cardio diet with the exception of soda. I cannot live without my Dr. Pepper or coffee or something bad will happen. I have been keeping up with the walks with the family when the weather is good. The past 2 weeks has been nothing but rain. We just got a break in the weather on Saturday and Sunday, just enough to mow the yard and clean it up a little.

Well, I do have bad news as of lately. I had suffered from what they call a T.I.A. on 09-16-09. From what I can tell, its a mini stroke without the lasting side effects of a full blown one. I got to spend 2 days in the hospital being a guinnea pig for the docs to see what caused it. After 2 M.R.I.'s, a CAT scan and loads of blood work, they could not figure out what caused it. What caused me to go in to the ER this time was that while I was getting ready for work that morning, I forgot what I was suppose to do. I had everything laid out on our bed for me to put on like I always do. When it got time to put on my socks and shoes, everything went blank. I just walked out of my bedroom with my slippers on and I had a hard time talking to my wife cause my speach was also effected alot this time. After the kids got on the bus, my wife, me and my only son went to the ER and the fun started then. I do know one thing, the M.R.I. machine is VERY LOUD. LOL.

Well, that is the latest on me. I will try to get back on here as soon as everything calms down again. Thanks again for all of the advice and well wishes all of ya'll have given me. I do know that my family has grown alot more since I have been on here.

Oh, jeez, Jeremy! I've just been catching up on this thread, and you surely have had a time of it. Please do take care of yourself and DO follow those doctor's directions, they can and will save your life. TIA's can lead to bigger and more permanent brain episodes and are not to be treated lightly. They are like a warning shot across the bow of your boat, meaning you need to change course a bit to avoid an iceberg.

Since I myself am still working on changing that course as far as diet, exercise, weight loss, and meds go, in order to avoid heart attack number four and/or stroke number one, my thoughts and prayers are with you.