Summer 2009

heidiiiii

Today is the first day of Summer. I am sitting here eating cherries. Ah! The cherry. There is nothing nicer this time of year. Well, maybe a nice juicy peach but I do not have one right now.

Do you ever have definite plans every summer of what you are going to do? Vacation? Beach? Hanging out, wasting away into August into a giant puddle?

There are no definite plans. Fred and Nat go to Sailfest the weekend after July 4th. Working in the garden and Chelsea`s community garden bed. Nat and I are going to spend all summer getting thinner.

That is about all I have planned so far.

What about you? What are going to do this summer?

The only plan every summer is to go camping for a week with my sisters and as many of our kids and grandkids want to go. Probably in august this year. We each have a camper and we get sites together.

Nothing big planned as a family this summer...

I'd love to get the yard and house back in shape--hopefully my knee will recover enough to get back on track and get the house back in order--it's driving my crazy to not be as active as I usually am!!

In a couple of weeks, we'll be off to Florida. We're going on a family vacation with hubby's family. They wanted to start an annual family vacation tradition, and this will be the first year. We're all staying in a villa together, so that should be interesting. My parents are meeting us down there and we're taking the kids to Disney World for the first time, so they're super excited about that.

Normally, summer just rolls along. This year, though, summer includes

- redecorating the kitchen (wallpaper & flooring ordered; paint is in the house; old wallpaper not quite all removed)

- major landscaping project, ongoing for the rest of my life, I think ... :p

- company here in mid-July

- 2 weeks in the Czech Republic in early August

- a week or so in Colorado in late August

And that's just Lloyd and me. The kid has her own agenda, will be in Atlanta/New Orleans for a week early July, plus church camp and mission trips, cheerleading camp, and I'm not sure what all else!

Nothing big planned here...

I have my neice every other week for the summer .... other than that we are just swimming, and playing.!!

Zach is now taking riding lessons.. a friend of ours have horses and we have been going out and they are giving him lessons ... and then we clean the stalls.! I know you are all going to think I am crazy.. but I LOVE it.!! I enjoy the peacefullness the country has.. and the horses are so beautiful and so much fun.!! I love going out there and seeing them.. and doing the chores... it is so different from the city and I just enjoy it.!! I know it is weird to hear someone say they enjoy cleaning out the stalls but I do.!!

We go to the metro parks and fish... do some camping... and we will be working on the house... still have alot of work to do and I am so excited.!!

We dont go on vacations... never have ... we try to find things that are cheap to do and seem to have more fun doing the free things than stuff that costs money so that is what we have always done... The kids have been playing baseball & just being lazy !! Ok, I have been lazy... the kids are always outside and doing something.!! I wish I had thier energy!!

Kellee

All our plans pretty much on hold since DH had his surgery. No Oregon this summer. DS1 will be back in a month with his kids while his wife is at a conference.

Working on the house and yard, and once DH can drive again, so I don't have to chauffeur him, looking for a new job.

To me, summer is one-third over, since school starts in August!

No huge plans for the summer, we always find it too hot to take a vacation. We went to St. Augustine for the weekend and got home this afternoon and let me tell you it was HOT!!!. Of course, Savannah was no better, it was over 100 degrees today. My fiance's 14 year old daughter will be visiting for a few weeks. We have to make her plane reservations this week. My fiance has a 5 week furlough from work (better than getting laid off like so many of them did). He doesn't mind and is actually looking forward to it. He has always lived without debt except for the house so no problems financially with 5 weeks off.

We will take our vacation in October or November. I want to go back to Vegas and St. Genevieve, Missouri. Also, we take several weekend trips throughout the year.

It is too hot to do much in Savannah so most times when not working we are chilling inside.

Normally, summer just rolls along. This year, though, summer includes

- redecorating the kitchen (wallpaper & flooring ordered; paint is in the house; old wallpaper not quite all removed)

- major landscaping project, ongoing for the rest of my life, I think ... :p

- company here in mid-July

- 2 weeks in the Czech Republic in early August

- a week or so in Colorado in late August

And that's just Lloyd and me. The kid has her own agenda, will be in Atlanta/New Orleans for a week early July, plus church camp and mission trips, cheerleading camp, and I'm not sure what all else!

Kathie, I think you'll enjoy the Czech Republic. Hubby and I visited a few years ago, and it was really nice. Make sure you get a tour of the Prague Castle....it's amazing!

Yes, it actually hit 100* in our little town today..kinda early it's only June.But assuming

that we will have a hot ,hot summer- I intend to enjoy our central air and do as many

dollhouse projects as I can. No rushing tho' just taking time to enjoy....

Happy First Day of Summer,All! :p

I have made a list of all the little projects I need to do. Most of them are 1/2 hour - 2 hour jobs. There are 35 of them. Like fix a piece of trim, hang a mailbox that kind of thing. It's my goal to finish most of the list. I also want to hit as many garden tours as I can since I don't have to prepare for one myself this year and I have the time.

Ahhh, summer!!!! We'll be leaving for Greece come Satruday/Sunday, the same little island as we went to last summer and loved every minute of. We will "start" the trip by going to my parents on Saturday and then the plane leaves early in Sunday morning.

That is about as planned we are, there will be a couple of house hunting sessions I am sure, then allllll those little things here and there that needs doing, as you said Deana a long list of small jobs but still lots to do. Hopefully a lot of mini-ing as well which will be nice.

Hugs

Nothing much planned her either. The project I am working on (in my RL job) has slipped so all holiday plans are cancelled. Its likely to be October before we get away. We bought a house n Cyprus a couple of years ago and the developers have made absolutely zero progress since then so we plan to go out again and hopefully get the final snagging bits finished - and maybe even furnish it - who knows. It will be like DH in RL. Hope to retire out there one day but I may end up working for ever to pay for it - hmm think my logic all skewed. Maybe downsize here and then go out there a bit earlier.

Jo

Well I spent my vacation time having surgeries! lol I do plan on going to a mini show for a day trip August 1st

I plan on cleaning out my building.. I am kinda excited about it since a guy at work is letting me borrow his enclosed UT trailer and I

am taking everything out of the building and cleaning the building good and putting down new flooring and then take my time and organize

as I put things back in!

To be organized and able to walk around in the building is hard to believe that it is going to happen LOL and at the same

very exciting as to think about all the projects I will finally get to work on!

I'll try to go to see my nieces and nephews in Idaho, which is about as wild my vacations get! It's a three hour drive, and I'd like to stay several days. Since my eldest niece moved to Salt Lake, all trips with her have been overnighters, because she wants to dialysis at her regular clinic where they know the quirks of her catheter.

I want to start cutting up the logs in preparation for making my shed! Actually it will be more of a studio. Maybe I'll set up a daybed and have a staycation. At last suggestion (from Corwin) four stories was the recommended height!

Kathie, I think you'll enjoy the Czech Republic. Hubby and I visited a few years ago, and it was really nice. Make sure you get a tour of the Prague Castle....it's amazing!

I've been there before, so I know what to expect and am really looking forward to it! By the way, will you be home in Denver in late August? We'll be in Colorado for a week or so and I'd love to meet you and see your minis. :p

No major travel plans for us. My daughter & family are coming in from Calif. for a week in July. I wanted to replace my little garden barn this summer, but the new zoning laws won't let me, but there are no laws about repairing existing structures....So I'm going to replace it from the inside out ! :p I'll replace any studs I need to from the inside & then every few days I'll replace the siding on one side ! With the new zoning laws, I would have to pay for a zoning hearing, then a planning committee hearing, & if they both approve, I would have to pay for a building permit & pay for the building inspector to come before, during & after construction!! All this for a 10' garden shed! I don't understand why they make things so diffacult.

So, enough venting ! Have a nice day.

Steve in PA

We're leaving a week from today for at least a month on the road. DS#2 got married in Las Vegas on his birthday last fall while we were off somewhere paddling and since that was 10/09/08, he decided to have a week-long celebration for the families who couldn't come last Fall to spend this summer the week of 07/08/09. DS#3 has decided to join us for as long as he can stand it (he calls living in our RV "The Dance" and he's getting good at it); we'll stick him on a train to Jacksonville & he can take a bus home (sore point that Amtrak stopped running through Tallahassee...), if he gives up. Hopefully home by August. The week after Labor Day we go camp at a beachside state park; I think this year it's Henderson Beach.

We are going CAMPING we already have the camper cleaned out and ready to go. Our first trip we go to a local park for July 4 weekend. Then we are going to the Adriondack mountains,1000 islands Boldt Castle and then in August to Knoebles and another camping trip not sure where the last one will be though. The kids are excited to go camping like always.

I've been there before, so I know what to expect and am really looking forward to it! By the way, will you be home in Denver in late August? We'll be in Colorado for a week or so and I'd love to meet you and see your minis. :p

It depends on what time period you're talking. I have to fly back to Chicago around the 15th of Aug. to get my daughter and bring her back home in time for the start of school (24th). So I'd have to know the date(s)...if you'll be here either in the first 2 weeks of August or the last week of August, I'll be here and would be happy to have you over.

With as hot as it has been the past couple of days, I'm thinking sitting at home on the couch with a nice tall glass of iced anything and the air conditioning blasting full force is my idea of a pleasant summer. Of course, I'll have to take out a major loan to pay the electric bill. Seriously, I'll probably be going to DC at some time to visit my daughter and her family.....

My 2nd DD is getting married this Summer, so I have a trip planned to another province to attend. She lives in Dryden on the border of Manitoba. A 20 plus hour drive, 1 way. The rest of the Summer will be filled with RL work, and minying in the hot sun!! The houses love getting outside, as they always draw a croud of paseers by.