John and Kate

chattycathy66

I have always felt sorry for the children in these shows. the only Discovery Channel show I enjoyed watching was "Little People, Big World" because the Roloffs worked at giving their kids a more or less normal upbringing. The ones I'm not too sure about are the family that produces a new baby every year; at last count didn't they have 17 kids? Or is it 18 by now?

lol Heidi, I liked the New York Housewives...but I kind of "got into" the New Jersey ones because all but 1 were so nuts! That one woman had to have been so embarrassed when she looked back and saw the episode of her overturning the table at the restaurant and going absolutely nuts! ---But, then again maybe she wasn't,lol

Holly, my 11 yr old loved Little People Big World... and she would even watch "18 and counting"--the one about the people with now 18 kids...yikes, can't imagine that one....I have trouble with 3 sometimes....

As for historical things, I've really begun to enjoy "old English" type history--Queen Elizabeth, Henry the 8th...

I have watched Jon and Kate some, because the kids are so adorable. I am a bit confused, having missed the entire last season. Didn't the parents renew their vows last year? Now she's saing they lived sepaprte for 2 years. I heard it's because of all the money she makes on books and speaking engagements doesn't have to be shared from the time of separation. Too much BS for me!

I do love the Real Housewives of New York, and New Jersey!! I cannot stand any type of drama in my real life, but they crack me up! My favorite New Jesery housewife is Caroline. She and her family laugh and smile nearly all the time! I loved the scene where she was sitting on her hubby's lap watching their kids at a party. The was they interacted clearly showed the love between them.

Did you see the clip on TMZ where Kate's daughter said she was thirsty and then Kate asked for water and drank it in front of her? She was more engrossed in herself than any of her kids. And she leaves them for a week at a time for promotions. And other stuff. No wonder John is happy.

I'll tell you why I like some reality shows.

1. They usually don't kill anyone on the show
  2. They usually aren't as totally predictable as the usual sop we see
  3. I find a lot of the recent movies are too superficial to hold my interest
So I do watch some reality shows as well as the do it yourself shows, news, and cooking shows. Real life takes most of my time.

As far as John and Kate go I agree that John is a non starter and Kate has motivated and pushed him and the family.

She has published a couple of 'books' so I guess that pays for her manicures. I think she depends on TLC because she can't depend on John.

I've never seen the show. I watch a lot of political talk shows. I do enjoy American Idol, So You Think You can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, and America's Got Talent. I guess that they would be considered Reality TV - I find these shows very entertaining.

-Susanne