5/3/06 What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I avoid at all costs anything requiring me to eat crow, the feathers get stuck between my teeth & it looks worse than spinach!

And you never know where their little feet have been :) :lol: :)

I avoid at all costs anything requiring me to eat crow, the feathers get stuck between my teeth & it looks worse than spinach!

And besides, their feathers are too big to use in mini-making!

-Susanne

their feathers are too big to use in mini-making!

Actually, cut down they'd probably make excellent wings for a mini Grim Reaper (remembering that character from "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen") doll...

• 2 weeks later...
I'd have to say cow tongue. I feel wary of eating something that could be tasting me back. :unsure:

That must be one of the most disturbing things someone has ever said, even worse than eating a crow. :lol:

That must be one of the most disturbing things someone has ever said, even worse than eating a crow. :unsure:

Actually Eating Crow is an American expression, it essentially means eating your own words. Don't think anyone actually eats Crows, the birds, well maybe in the Ozarks.

Don't think anyone actually eats Crows, the birds, well maybe in the Ozarks.

nope doogster not even here in the Ozarks do we eat real crows. chicken, turkey, quail but no crow.

nutti :unsure:

So no one has actually eaten a crow on here then?

If I may turn your stomach even more so, the slang term for 'crow' over in over there in the UK means 'snot' the green stuff in your nose. Now I can deal with the tongues, snakes and other weird dishes, but snot? I won't be going over to your house for lunch. :blink:

• 3 months later...

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I absolutely loved cheeto and miracle whip sandwiches. If we didn't have cheetos, I would use doritos. I also like peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. I had to have Dr. Pepper with these too.

rofl...we do eat weir things when expecting

I HAD to have funyuns in my chocolate icecream

something about the salt and sugar

The kids think Im really weird when I drag out the chips and pour ketchup on them and eat them

of course you have to crunch them all up in it.hmmmmm

we are so out of chips! :D

nutti :p

My mother made peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches, they were great. I still eat one (or two) on occasion. I know when i was pregnant I craved chili with cinnamon bears in it, I wouldn't touch the stuff now, ewww.

My husband eats peanut butter, mustard and dill pickle sandwiches.

I think the most unusual things I've ever eaten are cactus apple jelly and devil's claw pickles. I don't know if they're weird or not though.

Kathy

I think it must be the fermented Baltic herring, or eatena nd eaten, more just like a nibble as the smell itslef is gosh awful, and I mean almost ranicd LOL a smell that sureley should keep anyone away from eating it at all but the ones really enjoying th etaste swears that the taste sort of turn the smell allright in the end. I wonder...

I remember when being a kid that my brother and I camped outside in the yard in a tent when our parents and friends had a fermented Baltic herring party, yuck and double yuck :D , and w ewoldn't enter te house until all the smell had been aired out. Wlel a nibble and that was it, I coulnd't hold my breath andy longer why I dahsed for the outside to stand it.... :D

Mini-hugs

I am not that adventurous. My husband is picky picky. No pizza, hamburgers, wow the list. But one day I was eating fruit Mentos and making rice crispie treats.....well, he had taken the trash out, and not put a bag back in yet. I emptied my mouth of the chewed up mentos on a paper towel and took a bite of the rice crispie treats I had just made (do yall know where this is going?) Well, hubby comes in and gets a square of the rct and sees a "crumb" of the rct (mentos) and pops it in his mouth. Oh to see the look on his face when the taste registered.