my brother Tony's test results are in

chellebelle

I spoke to Charlotte yesterday, and she added to the email from my brother Tony about his tests.

I am thrilled to say that his scans, bloodwork and etc., all came back clear and/or negative. Cancer free for 1 full year!!!! The odds were very much against him, lung cancer is aggressive, and the survival rate is low when the tumor was the size of his. I cannot express how happy and relieved I am for him! His positive attitude, his faith and the prayers and well wishes of all of us went a long way during the worst of it. And the treatment at the Blood and Cancer Center of Boardman was excellent.

We also discussed the sore topic of delivering the house and basket to Tabby. I won't say anything, as I don't want to jinx it, we are on agreement about not waiting for the newspaper. That's a start. I will let you know.

Just a word of encouragement. My Aunt had lung cancer in such a stage that she wasn't even going to have treatments. Her family encouraged her to give it a try.

She has been cancer free for about 8 years or so now.

Thank you all for your kind words. I took the news last year rather hard, as in 1994 my husband died from lung cancer. By the time he showed symptoms, it was way too late for any treatment. He died about 3 months after diagnosis. Hospice was wonderful, but he died at home in my arms. Several years later, I remarried, and began to live again.So, when I heard Tony had it too, I was terrified! His tumor was the size of a golf ball, but hadn't spread so surgery removed it, and chemo to take care of any stray cells. Even still, we all hold our breaths whenever he goes for scans and such. I do believe that his attitude about cancer, and life, as well as prayers helped most of all.