The Surgeon Raises the Knife

PATBIDLACK

Well it is finally here. I can't handle the way I have to limit my life anymore. I seem to have my heart problem under control but I still am limited by my ability to walk. I can't go to Hobby Lobby because I can't negotiate the store. The same holds true with any large store that doesn't have electric carts. The problem: both my knees are bone on bone. The solution: artificial knees.

It seems like a lot of people our age are getting them. I get the first one done July 1st and then when all is well with that leg (aprox. 6 months) I will get the other one done.

For a week or so You may not hear from me but I will be back.

Sending lots and lots of healing thoughts and positive energy your way!!!

Take it easy, listen to the doc and stock up on minis you can do on a tray!!!!

Hugs

Wow, it is becoming so common these days for knees and hips. I wish you a speedy recovery Pat and hope you are up and around in record time ;)

My Mom is having a 2nd hip replacement on Saturday. She's says she is fast becoming the bionic woman :unsure: She needs a knee repl. as well, but that will have to wait - heck, she's 81 this year...don't know how many more parts she can afford to replace. :violin:

Pat I am wishing you a speedy recovery and I am also hoping that you are able to stay calm and not worry!! I will need that done some years from now too as I have really bad knee issues. Sounds like I have change in my pocket when I walk. It's my knees though :violin:

Hopefully, you will feel like a different person after the surgery. Yup, when you cant shop for miniatures it is definitely time to have something done LOL. Wishing you lots of healing thoughts.

Pat -I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery.Remember to do your exercises before and after and the recovery will be oh so much faster.Mom had a hip replacement in November of last year and walks like she never needed one.If you are scared ,check out a website entitled www.edheads.org .There is a virtual hip replacement and a virtual knee replacement.Take it easy-do plenty of minis and I hope you'll be back soon with us again

Margaret

Pat -I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery.Remember to do your exercises before and after and the recovery will be oh so much faster.Mom had a hip replacement in November of last year and walks like she never needed one.If you are scared ,check out a website entitled www.edheads.org .There is a virtual hip replacement and a virtual knee replacement.Take it easy-do plenty of minis and I hope you'll be back soon with us again

Margaret

I will take your advice. Thanks all of you for your good wishes. I'm glad to have your support.

You'll see me here when I get home from the hospital. My computer is the second place I will walk to, the first will be my Pierce.(to check and see if the elf's have finish it) LOL

I know several people who have had artificial knees put in. The first week or so will be rough, but soon after all of them had the same experience - they felt like they were years younger just from the new mobility their knees gave them. You will be glad you got them fixed.

I've been putting off getting my knee looked at. If I do need work on my knee I'll wait a little longer. I'm not supposed to let it out, but the company I work for is soon to release an allograft that will grow new cartilage in your knees.

Thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Margaret is right, doing the rehab is vital to how quickly you get back to normal! My 84 yr old FIL got well in no time, my 57 yr old friend wouldn't do the exercises and never did get full use back. do what the Dr. says!

The years of damage to my knees and other joints are taking their toll, and the prosthetic knees are SO much better now that I know eventually I'll have to get mine replaced; getting up & down any more is getting to be a real adventure, especially entering & exiting the kayak! MIL has had both hips replaced, gets around better than I do! Go for it Pat, and we'll see you back here.

As a retired nurse I'm familiar with lots of people who have had this surgery. It is still

painful while the operation sites are healing-but the end result is very nice!!Please do

your exercises as instructed.They are important!! Good luck!!

I wish you a speedy recovery! My father had his done 6 months apart and was up and racing around the house in a week for both. He just slept when on the leg machine, but you could do minis.

I have knee issues as well. A diet would help me a lot. The mind is willing, the body is shot.