How many houses do you have?

Lisa_F

Well I just started the mini addiction so not many....

The Willow in progress and 1 of each Michaels puzzle house waiting to be opened.

There are MANY I would love to get and build but I know how I am and I have to finish my Willow before I will let myself buy another kit... otherwise I'd get a new one and start that and never finish the Willow.

Well I just started the mini addiction so not many....

The Willow in progress and 1 of each Michaels puzzle house waiting to be opened.

There are MANY I would love to get and build but I know how I am and I have to finish my Willow before I will let myself buy another kit... otherwise I'd get a new one and start that and never finish the Willow.

Yup, that's pretty much how I am. That's why DH said I had to finish at least one of the three that I am working on before I can open another box! :happydance:

Just remembered last nite about the finished DC San Fran I picked up cheap and gave to my best friend so she would have it for her three grandaughters when they came to visit.

I think you have different houses for different reasons. I have my "main squeeze" house for everyday living and then the beach houses and the shops, etc that I absolutely need.

I don't have a very impressive list, but I'm with Wolfie -- no more will be given away; they will be in my will! LOL

We have moved a lot in our married life, but don't plan to move again (finally!) so I can collect and KEEP my houses.

I made a bookcase dollhouse long ago, a four-story townhouse with a general store on the bottom. But had to dismantle that when we moved and it never went back together.

I currently have a "house & bistro" set in my garden window (of our real house).

I have made numerous room boxes and given them as gifts; kept two.

But I currently have a SkilCraft (ca 1980) put together as a Town House that I picked up at a Garage Sale (shell only)

A Federal Manor by RGT from another GL forum member (shell only)

A Sugar Plum Cottage (GL) still in the box

Made about 6 small houses for my train village

. . . and MORE to come! :p

I have nine houses, six finished. I don't have room anymore. I've built over 25 over the years but sold or gave some away. I'd rather give some to another dollhouse person then sell them for what most want to pay at a garage sale. Don't know how to do ebay.

Im just starting this miniature chaos :p so I dont have that many. Ive only got 2 but I am only 6 months into it also! :p Ive got a long way to go. All my stuff is strung out all over the basement and im running out of room to build since theres a huge garfield being built right now you dont have much room for anything else.

My hubby says I can only have one out at a time and it has to be pretty much finished before I can take up anymore room. I took over his Remote control car work space in the basement so hes now moved to the floor in front of the TV.HAHA :p (Hes got about 6). I think he takes up more room then me, You have to play hop scotch to get through the basement now. The Basement looks like it threw up RC cars and miniatures. :)

Thlast time I posted to this topic in the other thread I had 16 kits. I'm not sure how long ago that way, but I have added the laser-cut Lighthouse in 1:24 and a Pierce rehab in pieces, and have traded my unbuilt, NIB Willowcrest to Traci for her Brimble's kit. I have also built one of the two Travel Trailers.

Thlast time I posted to this topic in the other thread I had 16 kits. I'm not sure how long ago that way, but I have added the laser-cut Lighthouse in 1:24 and a Pierce rehab in pieces, and have traded my unbuilt, NIB Willowcrest to Traci for her Brimble's kit. I have also built one of the two Travel Trailers.

Hi, Holly . . . I just went in and admired your travel trailer, and now I am itching to build the one I have in a box! Yours also made me want to go somewhere fun, so that shows what a great job you did on it!

I just did an inventory & I have 12 finished & 8 kits waiting. DW has 3 in various stages of completion.

Last week I donated my Ernie's Bus to our county Emergency Management Office. They had a shelf made for it in their reception area, but after I set it up, the one supervisor said that it was not good enough, so he is having a cabinet made for it.

Steve in PA

I just did an inventory & I have 12 finished & 8 kits waiting. DW has 3 in various stages of completion.

Last week I donated my Ernie's Bus to our county Emergency Management Office. They had a shelf made for it in their reception area, but after I set it up, the one supervisor said that it was not good enough, so he is having a cabinet made for it.

Steve in PA

What a wonderful compliment for your work!

Steve in PA

Steve . . . That is SO cool! Your local newspaper should run a story on it!

• 4 years later...

Im working on selling the McKinley almost finished but, the money tree dried up... Along with some furniture I don't need to keep since I buy the kits you assemble... Then I have the Fairfield that Im currently working on. I've been looking for a small cottage one to two roomed.... My addiction must just kick in ever so often! Im going to stick with small building since they are easier to move and display!

• Like 1

Sarah,Greenleaf has lots of nice smaller houses you might like. I'm getting my 1st Greenleaf,The Orchid. It's not huge,but it is big enough to have fun furnishing it. I am also a fan of the Ashley by Dura-Craft ,which is really small,but fun and pretty. That company went out of business,but you can still find them on Amazon and ebay,as well as other places. The others I can think of right now are Greenleaf's Buttercup and The Sweetheart...Go over to the online store and just browse at what they have,to give you some ideas. And there are plenty of different houses to look at in the Greenleaf galleries-that's where my head has been for hours this evening! haha You'll find what's right for you,for right now-just don't give up! :) Kat

• Like 1

Im working on selling the McKinley almost finished but, the money tree dried up... Along with some furniture I don't need to keep since I buy the kits you assemble... Then I have the Fairfield that Im currently working on. I've been looking for a small cottage one to two roomed.... My addiction must just kick in ever so often! Im going to stick with small building since they are easier to move and display!

Since the Fairfield is half scale you might want to consider the half scale Buttercup. It's a one up one down cottage and darling in half scale! Here's mine (Swift Cottage) in the attic of a one inch scale Tennyson. :) I love half scale for its compact size. I store them in my curio cabinet!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=85793

• Like 1

That photo is too adorable,Debora! Someone comments that it could be the playhouse for the kids in the bigger house-I'm off topic,but what a cute landscaping idea!! And,yes,Sarah,fun to build I imagine! And in the ones Holly mentioned were a couple more I couldn't recall...lots of choices-have fun!

Thanks ladies. :blush: I was moving things around and put the cottage in the attic to temporarily get it out of the way (and put it someplace safe) and thought it made a fun image so took the photo. :)

• 1 month later...

I am reading this post and feel highly vindicated. My husband is definitely going to be made to read everyone's inventories!

The majority of the dollhouses I have built have been given away or built specifically for others, so they left as soon as they were completed. I built four for my daughter, with two being destroyed compliments of cousins, so that leaves only two in my house: a Victorian Cottage Jr. which I am considering rehabbing and donating, and a Princess Anne that we will never part with. And he thinks I have too many!

Edited by livingvicariously

I am reading this post and feel highly vindicated. My husband is definitely going to be made to read everyone's inventories!

The majority of the dollhouses I have built have been given away or built specifically for others, so they left as soon as they were completed. I built four for my daughter, with two being destroyed compliments of cousins, so that leaves only two in my house: a Victorian Cottage Jr. which I am considering rehabbing and donating, and a Princess Anne that we will never part with. And he thinks I have too many!

My DH was on the home with his mom the other day and she was asking about how many houses I have right now, and he says "Well let's see, from where I'm sitting in the living room I can see 5, and I know there's one upstairs on her dresser...."

So many houses, so little time! :D

• Like 1

I have at the moment, the Garfield I am working on, 2 Dura Craft San Fransicans in the box, a Lafayette in the box, a made from scratch Gypsy wagon, barely started......and my birthday is in less than 4 weeks and I always hint to my son I could use another house LOL he goes to a lot of auctions and yard sales so I always hope he runs across one lol....

yep so many houses....so little time.

• Like 1