Just saying HI

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone! I havent been mini-ing much the past year, because Ive been doing it full size with my new house. Hopefully, I will get around to finishing my Glencroft soon though!

Well Hello There Brandon!! I for one have missed you and I am so glad you popped in! Do you have new pictures of your REAL House? I would love to see it. We are in the process of building a real house and it is driving me crazy (Hubby is use to it I guess :D )

I am not though. I am only used to doing the mini mansions :D

Welcome back

• 6 months later...

Well it took me several months, but as I promised a while back, here are some pictures of my REAL house that has taken all of my time lately!

I wish I had befores...these are the rooms that are painted so far (save for the bathrooms, which are also painted) The house was a box when I bought it...all the trimwork and the fireplace detail are new "adds". After the holidays are behind me, the next project is tiling the bathrooms upstairs with travertine--which someone told me was the hardest thing to lay!

post-96-1165033015_thumb.jpg

post-96-1165033063_thumb.jpg

post-96-1165033097_thumb.jpg

Hi There Brandon! I Love Your new home! Do you have construction pictures too? How long has it taken you to get this far? I love the warm colors in the dinning room and the shade of blue you have in your reading room! I was looking at your webshots album about a month ago and I was wondering what happened to you. It's so nice to see you here and see what you have been up to too!

Hi, Brandon, good to have you back again, and what a gorgeous job y'all have done on your 1:1 scale house! I kept thinking how great it would look in mini, of course...

Do you have construction pictures too?

Speaking of which, Tracy... How's YOUR particular "hole in the ground" coming along? Are you still set to move this month?

Thanks to all! It would make a nice mini house! Y'all dont go giving me any ideas now! Ive had it for a little over a year...and have slowly but surely been making some improvements. The downstairs is "done" for now...Id like to extend the hardwoods in my foyer throughout and replace the countertops in the kitchen...but all in time I guess! The reading room is my favorite space...its tucked under the eaves, always feels warm, and the "colonial blue" color keeps it cozy. I spend most of my time there! I might freshen it up some this spring--that sofa is the first piece of furniture I ever bought and it needs to be recovered...and I have a chair from my great grandparents farmhouse that will go in one corner...

I dont have any construction pictures...At one time I did, but I had a computer crash and lost them before I could get them uploaded.

The reading room is the same color as the outside of the house...the whole neighborhood is designed to mimic Charleston, SC's rainbow row. Id love to do a Charleston style mini house. Does anyone know of a kit thats available? I recall one a few years back...but it was a pricey one.