Harry Potter movie

Jokelly

If it makes you feel better Wolfie, my better half has not read one of the Harry Potter books and the only reason he has seen any of the movies is he has taken me and his daughters as he cannot stand HP.

I love the films, have not read any of the books. I see too many complaints from fans of the books about the deficiencies of the films. So I'll watch the films without reading the books and just enjoy the films.

Gina, the films are worth watching.

I saw the new Harry Potter movie on Saturday. My company gave us free passes, and I wanted to see a Potter flick on the big screen. I am not the biggest fan, but I do find them entertaining. I think the movie was pretty good, and it went pretty fast, which must mean it was good, since I didn't get bored during the 2.5 hours (I have a notoriously short attention span). I would like to read the books, because it does seem that there is something lacking in the films--they are interesting, but not this great thing that really hooks you--the thing that the Potter readers talk about. I also don't really like films that are part of a series. I like a definite ending, and of course with a series, you don't get that. But all in all, it was entertaining, provided some laughs, and was worth the trip to the theater.

I love the films, have not read any of the books. I see too many complaints from fans of the books about the deficiencies of the films. So I'll watch the films without reading the books and just enjoy the films.

Gina, the films are worth watching.

Throughout a couple of the films, I have to say I was sorry I read the books 1st so, watching the movies 1st is really not a bad idea.

You won't get dissapointed that way.

Boy, you said it ,Monica!! I have adored the Harry Potter world since I read the first book-saw the first movie etc.I've read the series 4 times..soon to start again.And I

have all the DVD's but have seen all the movies(well,1-5) on TV a thousand times.My

oldest cat will watch HP movies! Cracks me up!And she hollers when they're over! :rofl:

We went to see it yesterday afternoon!

I have never had two and half hours go by so quickly. It was really good. I had done yard work in the morning and was a bit tired. I enjoyed the movie, came home, and passed out for a long winters nap.

So if I could stay up for it..it was worth the price of the tickets.

The ending was weird though huh?

The ending was the part I didn't like. I missed the book ending. It was so powerful, but left everything open. That was an excruciating two year wait between the last two books (but not as bad as the four year wait between GoF and OotP)

I actually really missed Bill and Fleur, but I can see why they cut them. I have a feeling that they're either going to cut the wedding for the next movie completely or make it into Remus and Tonks.

Okay book readers, what have they cut from the movie series that was in the books that you really miss?

The ending was the part I didn't like. I missed the book ending. It was so powerful, but left everything open. That was an excruciating two year wait between the last two books (but not as bad as the four year wait between GoF and OotP)

I actually really missed Bill and Fleur, but I can see why they cut them. I have a feeling that they're either going to cut the wedding for the next movie completely or make it into Remus and Tonks.

Okay book readers, what have they cut from the movie series that was in the books that you really miss?

DUMBLEDORE'S FUNERAL!!!!! That part was extremely powerful in the ending of the 6th book. The movie should have had this in it.

I saw the film on Saturday night. I have loved reading the books and of course a lot of the detail is missing in the film adaptation. There are very few films (not sure that I can actually recollect any) that have as much detail in them as the books do but I don't let that spoil my enjoyment of the films. They are beautifully shot and the effects in the school and the shops outweigh the lack of story details. It was a great way to spend 2 1/2 hours in total distraction from some of the rubbish that life can throw at you and that is how I tend to view most films I see.

I have to admit, I'm not patient enough to read the books anymore. I've gotten bored with them. Probably just my old age. I read the first three and enjoyed them, but there are several authors (Evanovitch, J.A. Jance, P. Cornwell) who write series that I don't visit anymore. Too predictable now. Maybe still 'great', but I'm a mystery reader and want to be thoroughly surprised by the end. I do like the HP movies and we've bought them all over the years. My guys still buy and read all the books. I do love the P. Pullman "Golden Compass" series...but the movie was pretty awful.