Not a good day

heidiiiii

I went to the Dr today and unfortunately I have been put on a insulin pen.

But that is not why I need prayers. It is the sciatica. I lately have been having bladder problems that I am not going to go into detail about. I figured it had to do with the diabetes.

My GP is an endo and he said no it is not. He was very upset that the Wet Noodle never referred me to the neurosurgeon. He is referring me today and I should be getting a call for an appointment. I have NEVER seen him so p.o.ed before. He made sure the nurse was making the call to the neurosurgeon when I left.

This could be a surgical emergency. Sciatica, back pain, and bladder problems usually signal Cauda equina syndrome.

I was figuring I would only be upset about the insulin but that is the furthest thing from my mind right now.

So lots of thoughts, waves, good mojo, prayers..whatever you do. Because I am scared.

I need tequila!

I will let you know what I find out.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heidi. Lots of healing prayers winging there way towards you. For healing and for wisdom for the neurosurgeon to make a correct diagnosis and presceribe the correct treatment. Hang in there! Rita

Now that is something mr Wet Noodle should most certainly get another needle in the vodoo doll for, and then another one :unsure: ! Dang and darn to say the polite version of what kinds of words that pass through my mind right now. Sending as much positive energy I can your way, promise big time! And some not so kind thoughts Mr Noodle's way just to sort of yin/yang the sentiments...

HUGS

<snarling a little> Anna, I've got some reeeeeeeeally big pins that I'll share with you and we'll have a good ole time with that voodoo doll of Dr Wet Noodle. Words fail me right now........well, except for the profane variety.

Heidi, I'm in shock that they didn't catch this sooner. I'm lighting a candle for you right now that surgery won't be required and that the damage is minimal. Keep me posted on what you find out coz you'll be in my thoughts constantly.

Deb

Heidi, hugs for you, and prayers winging your way, both for you and the doctors who need to diagnose and remedy the situation. May their thinking be straight and their hands steady! Do keep all of us informed. We will all be anxious to know what is happening.

I'm sorry about the insulin pen, but as you say, that's a minor bump in the road instead of the major hurdle you thought you'd have to overcome. Isn't it interesting how our point of view alters as circumstances change?

Healing energy and positive thoughts zinging their way to you ... and a few choice "zingers" heading out to Dr. Wet Noodle! Let us know asap whatever developments occur - will be thinking of you. :unsure:

Heidii, I'm so sorry to hear your news and I will keep you in my thoughts. Healing hugs and best wishes that the outcome is good for you. Take care Heidii and let us know how you are getting on.

Jo

Prayers and healing vibes from my home to yours!!!

I hope you have some answers soon, and that Doc Wet Noodle trips on the way home and lands in a particularly stinky pile of doggy.. um..business...bc sounds like he deserves that and more!!

Hugs ;)

Sending you real SOCKIE vibes - the best in the world - that all will be OK!

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[HUGS and GOOD VIBES]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

]

Jeez, Heidi. You will be in my family's thoughts.

Having dealt with neurosurgeons before, don't be surprised if you encounter an ego (I've had very compassionate NS too, but mostly swelled heads). Just stand your ground and don't let them patronize you. Hope they will have a treatment that won't get you down. At least the docs sound like they're getting an idea of what's going on.

;)

Thank you all. I was at my friends house having a nice long chat and laughs.

The neurosurgeon` office called after lunch time today. They scheduled me for 11:45am tomorrow. They did have to call and change it though..but I still go in tomorrow at 1pm est.

I guess it is serious. I am scheduled to see THE best neurosurgeon and Fred is friends with him. This is the one that told Fred that I had to find a way to get into his office. They only take referrals so you cannot just call and come in.

I am not going to start the insulin tonight. I want to wait and see what tomorrow brings first. I have a Lancel (sp?) pen and I have to give myself one shot before bedtime. I have to start off at 10cc and then we will work on what the dosages are as the days go by.

You are right. The insulin is just a blip on the screen right now. I just matter of factly told him what was going on and he immediately get really upset. But not at me. I was told it was plain old sciatica and it was nothing.

I told you Deb. I knew it was something else.

So I do not know what tomorrow will bring. Their office is in the hospital. So I will probably be having an MRI or Catscan tomorrow. After that I do not know. That is up to what they find.

IF I end up having surgery right away...I will have Chelsea email Deb and let she can pass it on. Deb..Chelsea has a gmail addy so look for that if she does send you something.

Stick needles in the voodoo doll, send lots of prayers..cause I am not feeling so great about this. If it is what they are thinking..three months is a very very long time to wait until it is fixed.

Thank you again!

I'm thinking of you today Heidi. I hope that your family will look after you as well as you look after them. You deserve to be coddled right now.

Hugs

-Susanne

Susanne,

Yeah well not really. But I think it is a defense mechanism on the girls parts. They are kind of thinking of themselves right now but I am not taking it to heart or saying anything to give them a guilt trip. Once we find out what it really is, if it is serious, they will both go into coddle mode.

This is a shock. For all of us.

Fred will be going to the office with me tomorrow. Fred is a big deal in the hospital, meaning he is known and knows everybody. From the person that cleans the floors to the head honcho. He used to play basketball in the old farts league with this Neurosurgeon. I will most likely get the red carpet treatment.

It is good to be the King! LOL

My fingers, toes, legs, eyes and arms will be crossed for you, Heidi! Oh - well, scratch out the toes, they're not behaving well for me just now. ;) Please post as soon as you can after your appt. We'll all be waiting to hear what's up. I'm lighting a candle for you tonight ... pick a colour for tomorrow - tonight's one is deep cream. (I have so many candles, pretty well every colour is there, so tell me your favourite - or just the colour you think should be glowing for you tomorrow.)

I'm sure you're right about the girls. :banana: