Can I ask for some prayers?

ImaginaryRain

Clarissa, I am offering prayers for you and your family for employment and solutions to your financial problems. If you ask God for guidance and follow what comes to your mind, you will find answers that will work for you. John and I have been in your shoes in the past and know how hard life can seem at the time but you will find the strength to work thru this. Support each other. We found that when he had a bad day I was usually up and could be supportive and then a day would come when I didn't think we would make it and he was having a positive day so he supported me. We are here to support you when you need it. Love, prayers and a good hug. Rita

i am so deeply sorry your having the hardest of times right now. i want to tell you this i never thought in my life that i would be in a postion i was in ten years ago. i was knock out , i look up with vision problem so bad . i report a teacher for abusing childern then i had breast cancer. i was told i did the right thing but no one stood up for me.

then i was not let back into my job even though she was not in the class room . i was ran out of my job. i love that job when everyone found out i was a teller!, it was the end for me . i was let go . i was the major bread winner in my place from that point i was so depress i did go to see a doctor! i had so many hidden things i hide my temper i hide how to stand up to anyone . when our three childern my twins and i her two and my one and i said this with hurt and saddness we went hungry once for tfour days my brother well . no help there . i had collected dolls those help me feed our kids and we had a landowner who would tell us i do not know why i let you girls stay here he know we did not have rent money. i look for him to repay him but i still have not found him.

i never thought we would be here now! the kids are grown now one is a laywer one is an arist and one is an engreeir . i know you hurting and suffering , this is what we did and i hope it will help . we went to the comummuntiy services there is no shame when you have a little one to feed , no shame when you need to eat or your husband . now everyone understand that this is not one person it is many now and there are places to help you i do not know where you live , but in ca we have places that help they will paid as much as two months rent. no i know you do not want to hear the give you a jump stories. we did everthing to feed and pay rent but nothing legal and i am so rpoud of this . there is a saying " the storm before the calm" and footsteps ! my twin drives a taxi and she done it for over 20 years. she made sure we would not ask my brother ever again for a thing. it was hard so hard. i want you to know this is now but not forever i will pray for you. oh i do feel your pain but it will not last i know this. please one monday call your community services and your elec. company they have programs . it so much more then when we needed

god speed to you

jane

oh my word chariaas

wow i said we did nothing legal i meant illeagal i know everyone read that and thought now what is dollhouse lady doing no we made sure not to do anything that would make it so our childern were in any danger so no illegal things so sorry .

jane and i pray for you last night i will do so again :)

Not to worry, Dollhouse Lady and Jane - I suspect everyone read it as I did - you said you were proud of how you did it, so I knew you meant that you had done nothing illegal. Greenleafers are pretty good at reading between the lines ... or the words! :p

Sorry I haven't replied. The heat had me hiding at my mother's place for the better part of the week! We just came back home last night- it was soooo nice to sleep in my own bed, without a toddler trying to plaster himself to me all night o.o

Monday I'll be calling Salvation army. I got a huge run around just trying to find places & numbers for help, but I think we'll get there. If they can't help, we'll scrape together something somehow, but we'll get a second late fee and... have nothing for bills, including electricity o.o I did the math, came up with figures- with rent, without rent, excluding some bills. We're pretty low no matter what. As I told my brother, we'd be fine if we were caught up... but we're falling behind just trying to catch up.

We will get through- one way or another, and we'll get rent paid if nothing else. We'll have food too, since we've got food stamps- thank goodness they'll be in tomorrow, as we're running out of bread and milk and such. Monday I'll also be going in to talk to the managers if Salvation Army or someplace else can't help- as they'll let us pay half now, half later on a specified date, but I don't know how the late fee works then. Sometimes I wish we could just take out a small loan, pay the bills off/down and then just make payments until taxes came in come Feburary. We'd be able to pay it all then!

I can't stop worrying about it, honestly. It intrudes on my thoughts like an unwelcomed family visitor who's staying over for a week and sleeping on the hide a bed.

And can someone hand me a pry bar? PLEASE? Or toddler repellant? I've had Nathan plastering himself to me for the last two days- and off and on for the last week! I love him dearly, but didn't we seperate in a permanent manner some near-four years ago?! :p

Thank you all SO MUCH for the prayers. They are hugely appreciated and very needed- and I hope everyone here who is having problems gets all the help (AND MORE!) they deserve and need.

Nathan's birthday is the 12th. Thankfully his grandmother can afford gifts for him for it- I think Dave and I both feel a bit like failures since we probably can't manage that. I told Dave though - "Hey, a roof over his head is a pretty dang good thing, regardless."

Bitter pill, that.

clarrias

he is feeling your worries and this is from experince we had the kids in the bedroom with us they had their own beds but they kept close to us and wow it was hard if he see mommy is ok then he will calm down it will stop after a time. when we as parents see our childern in need they too see us when we are in pain oh the kids stuck to us . and yes it was a hot one bedroom apartment but it was home. my prays are with you god does not give more then we can handle i know this so well , you will make it one thing let them know that somehow you will be able to do something on your own. i know this at this time is hard to even think of but it will happen with god love he was all we had. they want to hear this, and they pay the rent so do not worry ok food and ele bills will be apid too. kiss the little one he will clam down i know we went through this too

hug and god blessing

jane

My prayers to you as well. My DH and I have been in a similar situation as we bought a business that was tanking from a couple who DH had worked for and failed at it. It took us ten years to pay back our debt and I was only working part-time. I have lived with guilt all of our 24 years of marriage that I didn't go out and get a 'career' but I am artistic and creative and that doesn't pay much. You will pull through it and just focus on your precious child. Our two older ones were in the fray with us and we are a close-knit family who enjoy each other. Our joys in life have not been those that wealth brings but have been joys nevertheless and God has rewarded us. A friend helped us get our small farm and we have a nice home. We are thankful for our blessings. I know your worries. I pray for you.

Jody

http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

Nathan is young enough to appreciate a "handmade" gift from you. You could write him a poem, or draw him a picture, sing him a special song all about him, write a story all about him, and your family, and how happy you were when he was born - use odds and ends from your mini supplies to make him a framed photo of the three of you ... there's all sorts of ways to make his birthday special without spending money. :p He will be glad just to be with you, and feel special with all the extra attention. :p When our two were young we were very short on money - but a walk in the park, finding a pretty feather, making a collage of nature bits and pieces - it was easy to make them happy. And like Jane said, when they are happy, you are happy - and vice versa!

Glad to hear you might be able to get some help from the Salvation Army, and that the food stamps are coming! That's good news.

I know you might worry about your little guy's upcoming birthday- I think Rosalind's hit the nail on the head- doing something special together "just for him" will be a wonderful present. Head to the park, library, whatever. Whatever you do will be all for him, and he'll appreciate it :p I remember what I got for my 3rd birthday (the *only* thing I got) - was a toy drum my mom & little brother had made from an oatmeal container and decorated. I thought it was the neatest thing in the world!

Oh, you are in Oregon! I hear the heat is really nasty up your way this year. Please do go to your mom`s house and I also saw on the news that there are cooling stations in different towns.

I have been in your predicament when my oldest, Chelsea, was little. We had jobs but it was during a recession and everything was so expensive. First and foremost..pay your rent. As long as you have a roof over your head..the rest will fall into place.

As for your electricity and heat for the winter, now is the time that agencies are signing people up for energy assistance. If you are getting food stamps, you should talk to your worker about getting an appointment for that right away. Then you will not have to worry about the juice bills.

Many people are having a hard time dealing with the economy now and pretty soon it will get harder for some in the coming months. It sounds really easy to say this but it is going to be hard...cut down to the bare necessities. Go to Catholic Charities, call Infoline, find out about food pantries and meal centers. My friend saves soda bottles and brings them in for the 5cent redemptions. Whatever you have to do, you can do it.

Find out about Toys for Tots now. They are with the local military branches in your area. You can sign your son up for Christmas presents.

We will be thinking of you and hoping this is only a bump in your road!

Nathan is young enough to appreciate a "handmade" gift from you. You could write him a poem, or draw him a picture, sing him a special song all about him, write a story all about him, and your family, and how happy you were when he was born

And the light bulb goes off. Nathan ADORES books, and I'm rather artistic in my fumbling way. I'll have to see what we can come up with.

Salvation Army won't help us until we have a 72-hour eviction notice, at which point we owe a $75 late fee. A second one. So I'll either go down tomorrow and see if we can pay a half payment and pay the rest on the 7th or 14th, or see if I can work something out with my mother for a "loan" of sorts.

My husband's mother is sending us some (more) money- enough, thank goodness, to pay the electric bill. Tomorrow I've got to figure out what our local phone company's number is and call them to ask about costs, then hopefully cancel our net/phone/cable bill. We got it drastically cut, but at the moment even the low price it shoves at us is too much. The only bills I'm worrying about are rent, car insurance, and electricity. Everything else will just have to wait!

... Ah, and the old car loan, since I don't want to be sued over that one >.>

I think many of us have at one time or another walked in your shoes & felt the pinch. Our worst lasted for a little over a year and DH wound up going to work as a security guard temp until he was able to get hired as a corrections officer (guard) at Raiford. The kids were a little older & not so clingy, but we had two acting out for a while (and one was already mentally ill), to make things "special". ASA I read this I began praying for your situation. Nathan will be fine, he has you, but your other boy needs you, too, and has all sorts of issues, it sounds like. Here's {{{hugs}}} for you, Charissa, and for the rest of your family.

i am so glad someone is helping you. i had a brother who unknown to me he left me money. i was sick for about 7 years . i was so lonely i had a niece whom i loved dearly i did not see it but she called me after not speaking to ,me for ten years. when i had breast cancer and it shocked me many of my fmaily did not speak to me . i don't know if it was the shock of knowing or just plain mean. so my sister Ada who was a nurse help me she was there for me and my twin . stranger were kinder. so i had this money and i was so lonely i just let my niece ask and ask and ask . i was just so glad to have fmaily to talk to and i did not need the money i would just buy doll house thing, i forgot to pay rent and when i did remember it was so far behind this happen 3 years ago . when the one was gone so was she. she told me he promised her money and was so mad at me it hurt but i find that it was tainted money my brother was on evil person. all of the years we were here he gave he 31 dollars. lol i tried to be a Good sister but i had to see he did not care and we were a close family. when i need money for rent and my sister sold a very rare doll you see we thought she was hungry and the kids need clothes so i gave and i did not mind but i was hurt she just stop talking to us and then she and her husband told us "my bother should had left the money to her. he left me bonds now i have my three dolls houses she thought i would sell one to gave her more money . i told her not way she wanted all .

my doll houses have kept me sane through all of this. oh i paid my rent and wow she thought i would sell my lovley houses . so i have not heard from her in months now she found out i still have the bonds . i do not know why i am telling you this oh yes i know your lucky and blessed to have his mother helping and tell you landowner to call them and tell them he Will gave you that notice we did this and they pay out rent and gas and elec. it help so much. god well see you through this and help you . i thought i was at my last rope with my niece and how she acted oh yes i was a fool they saw me coming . i wanted so badly to see my nieces and my niece their mother. i am not so fool now. i learn a lesson. if someone comes after tens years something is up .

i wish you blessed god speed you will make it and they do that with the salvation army they ask for that note to show you one the right . so i hope all is well and yes the little one is special and they understand.

god bless

jane ( oh my story was something that bother me so i hope it was ok to write) i am up late :0(

Please just spare us some "good" vibes? Things keep getting more and more out of shape, and there's small things going on all the time that just feel like fate is having a good laugh at us. I'd be very thankful for any prayers, good vibes, helpful energy sent our way.

I'll be happy to send any good vibes that I have out your way. I wish I could help in some other way, but I'm in sort of the same boat you're in. My other half has been out of work since last September (the week of my birtday believe it or not) so I've been the only source of income. He's searched and searched, but can't find anything. My doc ended up referring me to a counseler b/c of my stress levels. Instead of reading in my case I always just wanted to come home and sleep - that's my way of dealing with it all. Our rent is due on the 1st and last month I couldn't pay it until the 17th. I haven't paid this month's yet either, but I'm working on it.

But I will admit that just have someone to talk to makes a huge difference - sort of to get the weight off of your shoulders even if just for a bit. And I guess typing on here does the same thing, it's nice for someone to listen and respond. I hope that things do look up for you and your family though :)

Gee, my problems don't seem that bad in comparison. I guess we all need to be greatful for what we do have instead of bemoaning what we think we need.

I've been in a tough spot before, though of a different nature. Just remember that this is a temporary situation and that better times are around the corner. A school teacher gave us advice - just float; it sounds simplistic, but over the years I've visualized myself floating around in stormy waters riding out the rough spot, not getting pulled under.

Sending you lots of positive energy (and hopefully a cool spell)!

Well, we're racking up another late fee, but we WILL MAKE IT- and possibly even nail next month's rent on time. It's going to be a hard month, still- and next month will be rough, too, but we should see things start falling into place hopefully.

On the bad side, I found out why Nathan was being so clingy... He's sick! He's got a mild cold or some such. He's very rarely been sick (only once or twice in nearly four years), so he really doesn't know how to deal. He's still playing and such, but not sleeping too well and not being as active as usual. Low fever, cough, sneezes... poor kiddo. And only a week before his birthday, too!

Still sending prayers and good wishes to your family and Nathan,too.It's hard when little ones are not feeling well 'cuz they can't often tell you where it huts! Chicken soup is

good! Many hugs!

Still sending prayers and good wishes to your family and Nathan,too.It's hard when little ones are not feeling well 'cuz they can't often tell you where it huts! Chicken soup is

good! Many hugs!

He won't take that soup, but I sure will - I think I may be getting it! *headdesk* Auurrgh. Nathan's still sick, but he's not that bad thank heavens. His fever isn't climbing as high, but boy is he getting really MAD at that cough! :) Which I admit, amuses me... even though it shouldn't. He doesn't want his meds, so they get "hidden" in his juice. Hopefully he sleeps better tonight too- he woke up coughing a few times last night, got all mad.

We've lost our cells sadly- he wanted to call his Daddy today and I had to tell him it didn't work anymore :D

• 2 weeks later...