Michaels Hutches

Anna, I don't know what the postage would be, if it would make them too expensive. But I could sure buy a batch and send them to you if that would work. However many you want to buy, I have a big shopping basket!

Debra your hutches look great. I was just thinking about doing a Christmas roombox to show off the Hallmark stove and fridge I have, and I think dressing up one of those hutches with a Christmas theme would be a nice addition!

I wonder if that same hutch in Holly's picture could also be turned into a bed by laying it on its back and adding something to the side with the feet to make a fancy headboard? I have some in my stash, I might play around with one...

EDIT: Okay I was feeling inspired, so I gave it a try... It's kind of short for a bed (a little over 5 inches), but that's actually exactly what I need for the Westville because I have a pretty tight space where I want the bed to go. (With a properly sized bed the footboard would be pretty much up against the wall, without space for the little dresser.) I think if I add a bigger headboard and glue some ribbon around the bottom like a dust ruffle, the whole thing will look more proportional.

To make the mattress I ripped off the door and glued some t-shirt material onto it, over cotton stuffing. It's nowhere near as deep as a mattress should be but with a bedspread on top I don't think you'll be able to tell the difference...

post-7-1249364484_thumb.jpg

post-7-1249364492_thumb.jpg

post-7-1249364536_thumb.jpg

That's the hutch style I used for the Murphy bed, and it's perfect on its back, too. I haven't seen those in a long time.

Are these hutches the right scale for 1:12 houses?
I used two in the 1:12 Travel Trailer.

I had that one (plus one or two more) leftover from when I bought hutches a while back, it was probably 3+ years ago now. I might go to Michael's today or later in the week, I'll take a look and see if they have it at my store.

A few months ago they had been selling a house-shaped CD tower with two shelves that's the perfect size for a half scale house and I picked up two, but I haven't seen them again since then. I wish their inventory didn't rotate so frequently!