What book are you reading right now?

heidiiiii

Right now I am reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. Pretty good book. If you like Jane Austen and you do not mind zombies..it might be the book for you.

The other book I am reading is The year of living bibically by A J Jacobs.

*funny combo in book choices huh?*

The second book is part of a group online book club. It is funny but also thought provoking. It is one man`s humble quest to follow the bible as literally as possible.

What about you? What are you reading right now?

Do you like it? Do you love it? Would you recommend it?

James Patterson's 'The 5th Horseman'. I read all of his books, and this is one of the Women's Murder Club series, which I really enjoy. Have Beck's 'Common Sense' and 'Lies your teacher told you' in line behind it.

And of course, a great mini book that Alpangle sent me, for light reading!

I'm reading Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes. Quoting from the slipsheet.....Bella Tuscany is a celebration of the sweer life in Italy.

It's very good so far and makes you wish you were living there.....

Just finished "King of Sword and Sky" by CL Wilson. It is part of a new series by a new author. It is a super fantasy romance that hooked me with the first one. "Lord of the Fading Lands" and" Lady of Light and Shadows" were the first two and a forth "Queen of Song and Souls" is due out the end of Oct.

I am reading Attic Treasures, dont remember who it is by..... and dont have it beside me right now. I have read this book 2 times already... and I am going to base my McKinley around it... I just love the short stories in it...

Kellee

My mother and I are both reading through M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisen mysteries over the summer. The reading is light and fun - perfect for summer pick ups and put downs. My mum and I each read, on average, about 3-4 books a week. This past week I also read: a book about herbal healing for cats, one on good and bad carbohydrates, and another on communicating with your dog/cat.

Heidi, A.J. Jacobs' book sounds interesting. It reminds me slightly of Pilgrim's Progress. Christian followed the road to redemption rather than spending a year living within biblical principles. In the Year of Living Biblically, is this under the old covenant or new covenant through Christ?

Great topic by the way.

-Susanne

Susanne,

We are just getting into the book chapters now. The author is a secular Jew who had written another book about how he read the entire Encyclopeida Britannica.

He followed all the rules from the bible, old and new testament. He did not cut the edges of his beard, he did not wear clothing with mixed fibers, etc etc.

Susanne,

We are just getting into the book chapters now. The author is a secular Jew who had written another book about how he read the entire Encyclopeida Britannica.

He followed all the rules from the bible, old and new testament. He did not cut the edges of his beard, he did not wear clothing with mixed fibers, etc etc.

Would you mind keeping me in the loop as you read and discuss this book. I really do believe that if we'd live the lives that God meant for us to live, we would be blessed. Unfortunately, with so much sin in the world, we suffer the consequences of free will.

I'd really be interested to hear more about his book. You've got a good head on your shoulders, and your comments and opinions, as you read, would mean a lot to me.

-Susanne

hello everyone

i love to read i am now reading Secrets by Julia Garwood , dolls house of the Chicago museum. one romance murder Myst and the which i had not began yet the daily bread . now that i have these very special glasses i also been reading on miniature painting i do flowers . has anyone read any of Anna rice books ? scary but a good read

i can not get to the intro i want to say hello to the new one as they did me what wondeful way to say hello . i wrote my last post i was answering a letter about the need for prays i put in there " we never did anything legal " i wonder why no one had answer it . i went back and read what i wrote i screamed. i said before i see vertical and oh i am so shamed and upset if anyone thought we would put our childern in danger for money i, we did not . if we had of everyone i mean everyone knows me from school . the kids and parents so no way i feel so strange after reading that so trust me i am so claustrophobia i will not take a elevator lol i use spell check

hugs jane :0)

Dont you worry Jane... :p

Susanne,

I will let you know as I read. They had to stop the club for a bit because one of the members had to have surgery. We all wanted to wait for her. The book is funny at times. So it never becomes a dull journey of one man. He lightens it with how his wife is dealing with the rules that he has to follow, how he went to many different religious leaders of different faiths to find out interpretations of different rules he had to follow. Some he did not follow because he would have been arrested..like stoning. He did not eat pork or shellfish. I did a quick scan of it before we started and I think I will like the read.

If you want, I can pass it on to you when I am done.

I have a few books going out in the camper: His Excellency, George Washington; Eight Little Piggies (Stephen Gould), a more literal translation of the Brothers Grimm's tales and Arthur Rackham's fairy tale book (reviewing it for Miss Grayson). In the house I'm reading Margaret Truman's Murder at Union Station and a biography of Winston Churchill.

I just finished the latest Sookie Stackhouse adventure, Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris.

Hey how was that one? I keep seeing it but am afraid I will feel like I am cheating on my Edward(Cullen)...you all know I have OCD...Obsessive Cullen disorder... :D

I have been reading the twilight series over and over again...I think I have read it more tham anyone in the world. I read at least one book and a half a day...And am re-reading Pride and Prejudice...I am thinking maybe I will read Romeo and Juliet again just because I love it so much, but it is difficult to read anything else..wt*..What the forks? I have become completely twi-tarded! OME...Oh My Edward!

Dead and Gone was pretty good. Not quite as good as some of the previous ones, but still enjoyable.

I was tempted to buy the new Stephanie Plum, Finger Lickin' Fifteen, but almost every review I saw by just about everyone, said it was a big letdown. I'll wait til it comes out in paperback or at the library.

I started perusing Nineteenth Century Decoration, the Art of the Interior. I'm about half way through the pictures. When I'm done looking at the pictures, I'll go back and read the text.

OOOoo, this is so cool! Not only do I love Dollhouses but I love Books-always have. I've just reread" The White Witch" by Elizabeth Goodge(my personal favourite author),and I'm

reading the Septimus Heap series-Book2" Flyte" Not as good as Harry Potter but good.

I read to unwind/relax so I read any age group.I reread my "Dog on Barkham Street"

that I got from the Weekly Reader Book Club when I was 10 yrs. old! Took me about an hour or two-but I loved it!! Also loved "Bela Tuscany". A while ago someone,here, mentioned "The Dollhouse Caper" read that- was cute!And I'm wicked into first editions

or originals and I found a copy of the first book I remember-"Poppy,The Adventures

of a Fairy" about a tiny fairy that lived in the toe of a shoe..My first venture into the

tiny/mini world and have loved it ever since! Neat topic Heidi!!

I on the last book of the Twilight Series, Breaking Dawn. It's by far the best book of the series...I DON'T WANT IT TO END...so good!