What book are you reading right now?

heidiiiii

ive been reading the twilight saga ive read them 5 times in a row so right now im reading by the light of the moon by dean koontz just to try and get me away from twilight but i will go back to them after this one they r just so addictive lol

i love the books so much i didnt want them to end so now i read the diary of bella and edward on line lol i think i need help but i dont want it

I read "children's" books as part of shopping for the grands, and I just finished Bridge to Teribithia (no, I didn't see the movie). I'm reading Life & Leisure in Ancient Rome, to pass along to DS#3, and Rhett Butler's People, because like most Margaret Mitchell fans I want more GWTW! I'm struggling with the first volume of The Last Lion, Winston Churchill's bio, because it's in paperback and the print is painfully miniscule!

I think I might have ADD -- I'm reading Anthony Bordain's Kitchen Confidential, re-reading all the Harry Potter Books (I like to do that every few years and I'm on #4 now), re-listening to the Twilight series on Audiobook, and just went this a.m. and bought Salmon Rushdie's Shalimar the Clown, which I started in the parking lot of my local Barnes and Noble and sat there until the "please refuel" warning came on in my car. So there you have it -- maybe ADD, into "kids" books, and today, a horrible fuel waster and polluter!

I read three books and part of a fourth over the past couple of weeks, mostly while on airplanes, all paperbacks.

Takeover by Lisa Black is a well plotted suspense story. By that, I mean that I didn't figure out the key person's role until it was revealed at the end. Well written!

Skinny Dip by Carl Hiassen. He is one of my favorite humor writers, right up there with Elmore Leonard. Somehow I'd missed this one. Found it in a bookstore in Prague. :banana:

A Thousand Spendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It is a moving story of two women during a 30-year period of Afghanistan's turbulent history. Well written, almost poetic. I can't help but see the two main characters reflected in the news coming out of Afghanistan during these chaotic days of election. I haven't read his The Kite Runner, but I'll look for it now.

The 4th book is The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson. I have to admit sci-fi is not my favorite genre, but even with that caveat, I couldn't get more than 40 pages into this book. If anyone else has read it, please share your take on it.

I finished the zombie book and have moved onto another. I tell you, I can pick the unusual.

Bodies and Souls; The tragic plight of three Jewish women forced into Prostitution in the Americas By Isabel Vincent.

From the late 1860s until the beginning of WW2 in 1939, poor Jewish women from Eastern Europe were tricked or stolen into white slavery and prostitution. They were sent to work in NY, S America, S. Africa, and India.

Natalie (my daughter`s name also)..

I loved Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. I read that in one weekend. It grabbed me and would not let go until I was done. Hubby and I love his show so I had to read the book. Got a real grasp of his early life and his career.

Heidi, It is so interesting to learn how and why Bourdain is the way he is. Some years ago when I first became familiar with him I did not like him in the least, but I guess he's kind of grown on me and now I catch his show whenever I can. He's just so morbidly fascinating!! And being a foodie myself (I've never worked in food service, but my husband was a professional chef for several years) I just can't get enough of all the "foodology" stuff in the world today.

I've been listening to Terry Goodkind's 4th book in the Sword of Truth series: Temple of the Winds. I'm also dipping into Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie and Flight of the Romanovs by John Curtis Perry and Constantine Pleshakov.

I'm also pouring through Painted Ladies Revisited, West Coast Victorians: A 19th Century Legacy by Kenneth Naversen, Carpenter Gothic: 19th Century Ornamented Houses of New England by McArdle, Hamilton and Moore, and Storybook Style: America's Whimsical Homes of the Twenties by Arroll Gellner and Douglas Keister. These are all very excellent and informative books on architecture which I've checked out multiple times. Any of these would be a welcome addition to anyone's reference library (unless you hate Victorian).

Here's a book I'm going to be reading as soon as it gets here: Alexander McCall Smith's tenth book in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, Tea Time for the Traditionally Built. :jawdrop:

Just started a book titled "The Shadow of Death" by Philip E. Ginsburg. It's a true story about kidnappings and murders of girls aged 12 to mid twentys here in Vermont and in New Hampshire from 1968 to 1988. The serial killer was never found.

lyn