Hello from Middletown, New York

I joined the group several weeks ago but I guess I went backwards a little by not introducing myself right away. I have started my first dollhouse project, that is attempting to build it myself. I am building the Willowcrest and although I just started on Monday after through research and decision making, I have to say that this is some of the most enjoyable time I have ever spent even though all I did was separate and sand the whole afternoon. I have seen some of the other Willowcrest projects on this site and I am very very impressed.

Welcome to the little family, Patricia, and now you've made enough posts you can share pictures of your build in an album in the Gallery.

I LOVE the Willowcrest, I had one for several years, but it never really spoke to me. It has gotten to the point that a kit will tell me all its story, who lives in it and how it looks, and then when I get the kit it nearly builds itself, so after waiting all that time with nothing from the Willowcrest, one of my friends & I traded and I now have a Brimble's that wants to become a small town S GA country store.

Welcome! Enjoy building your Willowcrest. I understand exactly what you mean about really enjoying the sanding and just going through and sorting the pieces. Its oddly therapeutic! :yes:

Nothing smells as good as petting the wood of a new kit with a piece of sandpaper, and making it purr; and if it really likes you it'll start telling you its story (what it wants to be, how it wants to look, who it wants living in it...).

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! My Willowcrest has "talked to me" and I hope to turn it into Ravencrest, owned and habitated by one Druscilla Sullivan. Her home will be "dark Victorian" but as Druscilla would say, "Just because I love dark colors and Crows and Ravens, does not make me evil." I have never been so enthused over anything as much as this miniature endeavor. I find myself really noticing the designs and details of certain houses that I see along the road and constantly searching for more and more information on the computer none of which has bored me for one moment. I do a lot of cross stitch, crocheting and knitting, but this is the first project that I am truly doing for myself. Now all I have to do is try to master the camera and downloading techniques so that I will be able to take you on my journey to Ravencrest.

Great to hear your plans Patricia, you seem to know exactly what you will do with your Willowcrest and I (and I bet everyone else on here) am really looking forward to watching your progress.

I joined the forum in January after building - well not really building but assembling and decorating a house for my baby grandaughter. I enjoyed it so much my husband bought me a Garfield for Christmas - although it was January by the time it arrived. I have been totally absorbed from that day to this. Most of my waking thoughts centre on Victoria Villa as it is called - much to the annoyance of my boss.

This is a great forum for enthusiasts, experts and amateurs alike, I'm sure you will become as addicted to the forum as to actually building.

Jo

Welcome to the group! The Willowcrest is one of my all time favorite houses! I have one, still in kit form - it will be a bit before I get to start on that one, but I never tire of looking at everyone elses. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of yours and following your journey on your build!