doll collectors forum

patricia b

3 hours ago, openplace said:

What's your opinion? Do the dolls look attractive? Shall we carry on knitting similar outfits? Maybe you may tell what's missing or
would be good to add

Really great outfits!  The fox is my favorite.  I see a kind of Victorian dress and then lots of active/casual wear.  Does she do any kind of contemporary dress/skirt?  Like maybe a school uniform type outfit?  

KathieB, havanaholly, Debsrand56, many thanks for the words of approval. My mum is also happy to realise that her outfits got some good feedback.
As far as I understand, these particular things can be considered good in their current incarnation. We were a little bit unsure whether something was missing maybe.

As for contemporary clothing, I'm tempted to mention some homewear, like these bathrobes or sleeping attire:

DbY3oM9WAAUkqz5.jpgDbY3pORWAAA3ulv.jpgDXuDb7nX0AIuIZ4.jpg

Also, long ago my mum knitted a flower dress:

DWPLT4nXkAEQ7mg.jpg

They are adorable and the woodland critters and nordic patterns are very popular for the Asian ball jointed dolls (BJDs]. From what I can gather, your dolls are about the same size as (some of) the most popular Diana Effner dolls (I think they are about 13”). I would think there is a big market for the BJD Yo sized dolls too (about 10-12”). They are lovely designs. I love them, but especially the fox.

19 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

From what I can gather, your dolls are about the same size as (some of) the most popular Diana Effner dolls (I think they are about 13”).

Yes, the dolls we used for taking photographs were 12.5”. Manufactured by Paola Reina (Spain). Indeed, some people knit for Diana Effner dolls.
We also considered these dolls but didn't realise their significance. Do you think that Diana Effner niche and acceptance is greater than for Paola Reina?
My mum finds Diana Effner dolls quite realistic. I tend to think that Paola Reina dolls look a little bit more charming. Many dolls have smiling faces...

Edited by openplace

I don’t know what is more popular. My guess is it depends on your location. Paola Reina may be more popular in Europe, Diana Effner may be more so in the US. BJDs may also be more of a younger person thing. Each to their own. 

All the dolls' faces are adorable, and I'm not really a doll person. The sweater sets are outstanding, I especially like the blue one with the reindeer. The cap and the headband are excellent touches. I feel that the purple outfit in the first set of pictures would look especially pretty done in green and white.

In the contemporary set, I think the green dress is very 60's, I can imagine my mom wearing something like that when I was in my teens. I also like the next dress, the one with a bow. That pattern would also look good in a different fabric, sort of a going into the city to do some shopping at an upscale department store sort of thing. Anyone else seeing that dress in black or dark blue with maybe a little pillbox hat and a Bonwit Teller shopping bag?

I have about 200 or so Rosebud Suckerthumb babies, I had them as a child and carried on collecting them. They are just 61/2 inches tall.

The pictures are off the net as mine are packed away just now due to organizing my craft room

rosebuds.jpg

untitled.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not usually a fan of knitted clothes - although my granny knitted and crocheted some seriously gorgeous outfits for me when I was a child - but I continue to be a fan of your mum's beautiful work!  This blue dress adds such lovely colour and style to the doll,  The beaded tiara is sweet, and gives her a serenity that I find really appealing.  Another successful job well done!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

If I may be so bold, I understand that nowadays many might still be largely upset with this infamous recess, but I believe I could offer some new outfits to take a look at. In example, this one was also knitted by my mum, but this time I came up with my own decoration ideas. Any opinions are always appreciated, but please cut me some slack because by no means I'm a professional designer. Does the outfit look fine? Or does it lack something?

Winter Outfit and Shoes for Dianna Effner Little Darling

You and your mum are an awesome team. The outfit is so delicate in color and design. The clear beads are the perfect embellishment, but the blue sequins on the sleeves look a little bit bulky to me. I like the blue sequins on the boots. :) 

• Thanks 1