doll collectors forum

patricia b

Since I've joined the GreenLeaf miniature community, I've enjoyed my minis so much more. I'm learning a lot, and having a good time reading about all your projects, not to mention all the eye candy. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good community of doll collectors. I don't know any collectors in this area, and if I could connect with a forum like this one for minis, I would enjoy my dolls much more, I'm sure. All the collectors groups I've been able to find are all about selling, and I don't want to get involved in that. Any help you can give me is really appreciated. Doll collecting is my second hobby, but it is a bit lonely, not having anyone to share with. Thank goodness I found you all for the minis. Thanks, guys.

Wow,Shannon, I have BJD's too. And "Den of Angels" came to mind.I have left off collecting dolls at the present because I'm too busy with minis.Good luck,Pat B. :unsure:

• Like 1

Wow,Shannon, I have BJD's too. And "Den of Angels" came to mind.I have left off collecting dolls at the present because I'm too busy with minis.Good luck,Pat B. :unsure:

Thanks to both of you. I collect various dolls, but now that I'm back to the minis, I don't want any more dolls. However, I would like some display ideas, and would like to see others collections. I'd like to create some 'scenes" similar to the room boxes, so I could change the dolls around, keeping some in storage (I hear screaming!), and thus make more room for the minis. Any ideas?

• Like 1

I collect Tonner 16 and 17 inch dolls...there is a forum called Prego where the majority of the people collect the same sized dolls...Tonners, sybarites, gene but there are also alot of people who collect fashion royalty and other dolls of that size. i'm on that forum and was introduced to it by one of our Greenleafers here (Cricket). I also collect Blythe dolls and there is a forum called This Is Blythe. I was introduced to that forum by one of our Greenleafers here named Mommymakesstuff.....Both forums are great. :unsure:

Patricia

See HITTY in my Avatar????? I am recently obsessed with small dolls under 8 inches. Betsy McCall, Ginnys, etc. There are a couple of HITTY groups....if you are interested. If you do not know HITTY, You MUST read her story ( from most local library ) HITTY - Her First Hundred years. This is a GREAT story for girls of ANY age. Maybe you will fall in Love too!!!!!!!!

I collect Tonner 16 and 17 inch dolls...there is a forum called Prego where the majority of the people collect the same sized dolls...Tonners, sybarites, gene but there are also alot of people who collect fashion royalty and other dolls of that size. i'm on that forum and was introduced to it by one of our Greenleafers here (Cricket). I also collect Blythe dolls and there is a forum called This Is Blythe. I was introduced to that forum by one of our Greenleafers here named Mommymakesstuff.....Both forums are great. :)

Thanks for the help. I went to Prego, but for some reason, I can't get in. I put in my user name and password that I always use, but then they told me it doesn't match up, so I suspect I have to register first, but how?

Hi, if you go to the website, it has the boxes for your username and password....right above that in small letters is "register to post messages...this is in blue writing. click on that and that will get you started!

what kind of dolls do you collect?

Hi, if you go to the website, it has the boxes for your username and password....right above that in small letters is "register to post messages...this is in blue writing. click on that and that will get you started!

what kind of dolls do you collect?

Thanks for the help. I'll go right over there now. I've collected a fair number of different dolls...right now I really like the 10" and under. Marie Osmond's adorabelle is a favourite...Madame Alexander..Tonner..Gene (love the retro look, and the costumes!)..Patsy... other names slip my mind, but I think you get the idea. I have a lot of Barbies Silkstones..like the attitude... I'd really like to get some display ideas. I'm tired of having them lined up, so I think I have to put some away and rotate them. Running out of room.

Thanks for the help. I'll go right over there now. I've collected a fair number of different dolls...right now I really like the 10" and under. Marie Osmond's adorabelle is a favourite...Madame Alexander..Tonner..Gene (love the retro look, and the costumes!)..Patsy... other names slip my mind, but I think you get the idea. I have a lot of Barbies Silkstones..like the attitude... I'd really like to get some display ideas. I'm tired of having them lined up, so I think I have to put some away and rotate them. Running out of room.

I got in! Boy, that's quite a site, isn't it? I'm impressed. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it. Now to get busy .

I've been thinking the same thing about my Ginnys. I have a grand total of 3, and am not a collector, but it would be nice to have some kind of setting for them other than rather unceremoniously plopping their little booties up on top of my dresser. Not very inspiring, and they do look at me quite reproachfully.

Do you have a link to Prego??????

http://members5.boardhost.com/prego/

Here ya go! There are sooo many gorgeous dolls on that forum....lots of repaints. I've fallen in love with many new dolls i didn't know existed (and dolls i've never paid attention to until now)...lol...so it's a dangerous place when you start looking at the eye candy. it's pretty fun....each week they post a new theme and you post pictures related to that theme. last week the theme was pink and black...this week it's groups of 3's...same sculpt, same outfit, whatever as long as it's in 3's. People are really friendly, just like this forum. i've been spending alot of time there that past couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I had started a collection of dolls years ago. I got as far as two and then stopped. At the time I really couldn't afford to get into it further. Now I'm thinking about starting my collection up again. The two that I have are both Barbies...one is a inexpensive Ghana Barbie and the other is the "In the Limelight" Barbie by Byron Lars. I'd like to collect more of the Byron Lars dolls and any other African American dolls that strike my fancy.

Tiffanie, I have a Kenyan and a Nigerian Barbie, as well as an Indian Barbie. I LOVE the ethnic Barbies! Believe it or not, I found Kenyan Barbie in a thrift store in Pace, FL, and Nigerian Princess Barbie was on clearance at Wally World. Eventually they'll go to my precious granddaughter.

Tiffanie, you should definately get into collecting dolls! (enabler here...lol.) i have a ton of barbie and a bunch of them are beautiful african american girls! They are nude, so i need to get them some pretty outfits! I also have some gorgeous african american 16" tonner girls! I have 4 Esme's, 2 Jac's and I want more. they are just gorgeous. I want to add an african american male! i will soon. i just started collecting men to break up all the female loneliness. i'll post a couple of photos of my girls...

i'm not the best photographer and will be re-doing photos of all my tonners...i'll bet i'm close to 40 dolls now! but this will give you an idea of how gorgeous these girls are. i'd post better pic's of blush and bashful jac (the microbraid gal) but she's nude, so....to protect her modesty i'll just show her face.

post-570-1251336458_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251336485_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251336525_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251336557_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251336724_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251336811_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251336897_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251336985_thumb.jpg

post-570-1251337104_thumb.jpg

Marg, your Barbies are beautiful!!

I think I will get back into it. We just got a new display cabinet and I need to fill it up with something. I think Barbies would be perfect!

Thanks for sharing your collection : )

Marg, your Barbies are beautiful!!

I think I will get back into it. We just got a new display cabinet and I need to fill it up with something. I think Barbies would be perfect!

Thanks for sharing your collection : )

Hi Tiffanie :p

Thank you! These girls are actually Tonner 16" girls...i'll have to take photos of my Barbies soon, i have some beautiful African American girls in that collection as well. I LOVE Tonner girls...there are so many that i want to get still! I also have a couple of hispanic Tonners that are just beautiful as well!

Definately show your girls as you start collecting them!!! :p

• 6 years later...

I am an avid collector of Barbie, Bratz, Monster High, Ever After High, and Goebel limited edition musical porcelain dolls. I also just purchased my very first Marie Osmond doll on eBay yesterday. I will post pics of her as soon as I get her! I also have two of the 42" dolls Goebel made which are the largest that the main artist made before her retirement.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Me and my mum have been fond of Paola Reina dolls for a while. My mum has a passion for knitting. Needless to say, most of her outfits are for Paola Reina realistic dolls.
However, she somehow lacks confidence in her style and themes that she tends to use most. We would like to post some photos of her recent outfits here to ask for opinion:

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

What's your opinion? Do the dolls look attractive? Shall we carry on knitting similar outfits? Maybe you may tell what's missing or
would be good to add. Thanks for watching!

2 hours ago, openplace said:

Hi all,

s-l1600.jpg

What's your opinion? Do the dolls look attractive? Shall we carry on knitting similar outfits? Maybe you may tell what's missing or
would be good to add. Thanks for watching!

They are delightful! I especially like the one with the polar bear sweater. :)