Other Hobbies?

pdlnpeabody

:p With dollhouse miniatures, it doesn't leave much room for anything else anymore, but I truly get engrossed when working on them. I used to draw constantly, but that sort of fell by the wayside. I like to try all kinds of crafts; bunka, punch needle embroidery, needle felting. The thing that takes up most of my time when not doing miniatures is gardening and working in the yard. Of course, working in the yard includes playing with my 4 dogs!

I have many hobbies. Sewing, quilting, embroidery, counted x-stitch, needlepoint, vintage linens and laces, depression glass, antique collecting, geneology, gardening and singing. I used to paint, but haven't had time for that in years. I'm hoping that sometime in the near future I will be able to get back into. I would like to try to paint mini pictures for my dollhouses.

lyn

Wow! Everybody is so multi-talented! :p

Amongst my hobbies are:

Crocheting

Counted Cross Stitch

Costuming

Sewing

Needlepoint

Embroidery

Antiques

Vintage Clothing and Linens

Criminology & Forensic Science

Barbies

Dolls

Genealogy

Classical Guitar

Lute

Architecture

Hiking

Exploring Ghost Towns

Medieval and Renaissance History and Culture

Science Fiction and Fantasy

History

Gardening

Weddings

Runescape

Film Making

Spending Time With Nieces and Nephews

Thank you for your compliments, but scroll sawing is not my only other hobby. I also have my main hobby which is my business making porcelain miniature dolls, and I also raise orchids and african violets along with almost any other kind of houseplant I can get my fingers on!

Thank you Roxxie! That's my passion. I used to have small parrots in the past, now I just have Montana which is a BIG hobby for me! I also love cooking. I do not have cleaning listed amongst my hobbies. Nor do I have organization and tidyness amongst my hobbies. My favorite hobby is just living!

Having a gigantic case of undiagnosed attention deficit disorder, it would be easier for me to list things that I've never tried for hobbies. The list would be way shorter !!!

I love to create with my hands - that covers just about everything.

knitting (mainly lace shawls)

drawing (graphite and colored pencil)

gardening/orchid growing

antiques (silver, writing & sewing boxes, Limoges & blue and white transferware china, odd sewing utensils, lace and linens, are my favorites)

Jim and I collect Ukrainian Easter eggs

Here is one of my latest projects I "whipped" up in about 15 minutes.

It's for the front door. I cut the wood together with a backing of black plastic. Then removed the plastic and cut out the center, the wolves and the initial K. Then the wood is stained and varnished and glued to the plastic with Gorilla Glue and magnets are put on the back of the crest so that it just goes on our steel front door nicely. In inclement weather like snow etc., we can take it off and put it on the inside portion of the door...... The outside of the door is forest green and this creast looks much better than the picture LOL. Too much light I guess. Anyway it didn't come out too shabby!

Dollhouses are my latest and greatest, but I still do a lot of cross-stitching and sewing (which really fits in nicely with working on a dollhouse). I'm also getting into doing some simply woodwork--love those power tools!! I also hang out at auctions, flea markets and garage sales hoping to add to anything I'm currently involved in as well as collecting depression glass.

Absolutely no other hobbies here.

Hello Sue,

Is it possible to show me a pic of where the left chimney trim goes? Is it on the inside or outside of the chimney? I cannot seem to find much of any side view pics.

Thank you,

Dan