School Starts Today

kellee

Well, I got up this morning at 3 am... been laying in bed, could not go back to sleep.. so I am here.

My boys go back to school today.. My youngest I am not at all worried about.!! Same school, loves his teacher, has known her since kindergarten..so no worries there..

but my oldest is a 7th grader... New school, and walking or riding a bike to school across a 4 lane road and several streets from home to school that have no sidewalks. He will be riding with about 3 other kids, because the levy did not pass our middle and high school students do not have buses. So for the first time in his life he will be riding a bike to school....Yes, I can take him to school but he begged me to let him ride with his friends..I have to let him grow up I know but it is so hard. He has alot of responsibility now.. I know he can handle it... I just worry.

kellee

yes i agree i would be worried to :)..

having 'been there done that'....i can tell you that 'letting go' of the oldest child is the hardest...i think its because you arent in control of their everything anymore.....its hard but you have to do it :jawdrop:

good luck...it does get easier :)

Letting go is hard, but they will be ok. School just means that kids have a big part of their day that is totally separate from their parents. However, most kids will do fine.

I have two starting school today - different schools, different buses.

Younger son will be in grade 5. I hope he gets the same teacher as last year because then I don't have to explain his diabetes to someone new. He wants to bike to school, but we have told him that he has to take the bus this year at least.

Daughter will be in grade 8. Same school from grade 7 to 12, so she already knows what to expect. Her biggest concern is hoping to find a friend at school this year!

Older son starts on Monday - different school again. He will be in grade 11. My, how the years are passing quickly. Just this year and next, then off to post-secondary education. In some ways, I am not ready for him to be so grown up, but in other ways I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. He is already having to make decisions about what he will do for the rest of his life!

My little ladies are back in too..kindergarden and third. Yesterday was the first day for them and I'm back to work today.. Kinda sad, yesterday was worse, but I'm glad to be back in a routine and having two incomes again....hahahah more dollhouse income!

He'll be ok- like everyone has said, one of those parts of growing up. Stinks on the part of the school district that they don't have bus transport- I feel for the parents who live miles from the school, not good!

My kids started last week- so far so good!

My kids start late. They both start September 14. I already can't wait. I get two in school for three days a week and I am left home with one. I have been counting down the days practically since summer began.

First day of school! Yahoo!!!

I have started working on Fall cleaning already. Throwing stuff away, dusting, and thinking about the re-arranging for the winter...I move the livingroom around to accommodate the heating registers and the Christmas tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Heidi, I do the same thing.!! I move the boys bedrooms around in the winter to open up the heating registers... and the Living room as well.... I am just not sure how I want to arrange it this winter...

I am also doing some fall cleaning..... decluttering stuff and getting ready for a yard sale... I found a beautiful ceiling fan at an estate auction for $5. and had BIL install it in the Foyer... so I have the old one to put out... It works I just was tired of it.!! I have alot to declutter.... and I seem to be slacking really bad !! I usually have the carpets cleaned and the house beautiful with a week of the kids going back to school.

My oldest son is riding his bike to school and it scares me to death.!!!

Kellee

Well, it's the beginning of the second week of school for my HS junior and he's home sick. He's had a somewhat sore throat for a couple of days and today his nose started running and he felt a bit warm this morning. I told him to go back to sleep.

This year, with the new flu, the schools really want you to keep the sick ones home. :D