Is this an Alison?

lauker

So one of my friends has picked up a dollhouse for free for me at a yard sale within the past week. (I know - I am lucky to have such friends! And she didn't even want to keep it?!)

Anyway, is this an Alison? I have found pics of the Alison and it's backwards from this picture...(I haven't picked up the dollhouse yet - I know, what am I waiting for? - so her picture may be transposed). Is there another RGT DH similar but with an opposite layout?

I'm super-excited! She says it's in great shape - just needs a louvred shutter!!

post-3834-1252896635_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone, for your replies so far. :p

I did talk to my friend and she said, indeed, the pic is NOT reversed, so that's precisely what the house looks like. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of someone bashing the build so it's reversed. Hmmm.

It looks identical to my Allison Jr! Same color, same missing shutter, everything, and mine was also built opposite. This happens when you flip over the base when you start the build-I'm famous for doing that to my houses. Congrats!!

Do you have a picture? :p I didn't see one in your gallery - I'd be curious to see it.

This is the house I have. It awaits rehabbing-was told by the builder it was an Alison Jr when I got it, and he boobooed and inverted the build. I have all the shutters, but they're just sticky waxed on at the moment, and keep falling. It's a very nice house.

Hi Linda. It looks identical to the Alison Jr. I built but reversed, as many have said here. Interesting! I have lots of picures of my Alison Jr. in my gallery if you want to take a look. I can't wait to see what you do with this house! Have fun :-)

Hi Linda. It looks identical to the Alison Jr. I built but reversed, as many have said here. Interesting! I have lots of picures of my Alison Jr. in my gallery if you want to take a look. I can't wait to see what you do with this house! Have fun :-)

Wanda, thank you for sharing your pictures. :p I hope my dollhouse turns out as lovely as yours. :-D I love the exterior colors!

That's the Petite Dreams Dollhouse! My friend bought one for my oldest daughter from Shopko about 9 years ago. It was pre-painted and so easy to put together. She could not believe Rachel did not have her own dollhouse back then LOL (I know, shame on me) . She even bought some of the furniture and walpaper & curtain room sets for her. Can't wait to see what you do with yours! Here is a link regarding that house

post-4-1253195594_thumb.jpg

Is there a sure way to determine if this is the house we have, or if our builds were inverted? My house fits tightly together, not like the guys description of his at all. It's burning me in bad places that I was told it was an Allison...I know the inversion is do-able, 'cause my Fairfield, Orchid, and my daughters Haunted House, were all built "backwards" from their box photos, cause we flipped the base over accidently. Also we have done RGT additions in reverse of the instructions deliberately, on the Strawberry Patch and Lemon Twist, so I could have one on each side of the house. Experts, how can I tell? GRRRRRRR...!

All I know is that these kits were pre-painted. I am not sure if the Alison was ever sold pre-painted or not. These houses could have been made BY RGT but sold under a generic name for the stores. I am not sure. I do know that you can build a house reverse and come out with a mirror image. I have done it several times too :p I'm not sure how you can tell the difference between the two houses. I say just love it any way... Its a Dollhouse :cry: :lol:

Have you given any thought as to what to do with the tower room? It's rather smallish, with no "true" access. My Daughter bought me the cutest little sitting porcelain angel, wing feathery looking wings. She has a bottle of "love potion", and a bag of "fairy dust" at her side. She thought perhaps she could live in there. Do you think it would be stretching it, to have an angel living above a house, that I intend to have Grandparent dolls living in? Bill and Myrtle, former residents of the Cranberry, have claimed the house. What are your plans for the tower room?

Have you given any thought as to what to do with the tower room? It's rather smallish, with no "true" access. My Daughter bought me the cutest little sitting porcelain angel, wing feathery looking wings. She has a bottle of "love potion", and a bag of "fairy dust" at her side. She thought perhaps she could live in there. Do you think it would be stretching it, to have an angel living above a house, that I intend to have Grandparent dolls living in? Bill and Myrtle, former residents of the Cranberry, have claimed the house. What are your plans for the tower room?

I haven't given it a whole lot of thought yet, as I am going to have to finish the Glencroft first and get it off my workshop table. B) However, I like the idea of the angel - it sounds very cute! I am waiting to hear what the Alison has to say before I make any final plans - perhaps she'll speak to me when I start taking out the old wallpaper/flooring that's still in there.