Garfield exterior complete! :)

Well, I did it! I am complete with the outside, minus the 2(?) circle windows, kitchen & front steps and the porch bottom. Not sure if I want to do lattice or brick on the porch bottom, which will effect the steps as well so no point in making that decision yet, and it looks find "blank" for now.

I've stained the scallop trim and added the porch posts for completion of the exterior!

post-592-1147896941_thumb.jpg . . . . post-592-1147896915_thumb.jpg . . . . post-592-1147896929_thumb.jpg

Now I can "rest" on the Dollhouse and clean my real house to get reday for my parents visit ... eek 5 days from now! They arrive on the night of the 22nd!

It looks real nice! Me thinks yer mum will be very impressed!

so hurry and clean the big house and maybe you can squeeze out one room decorated before they get there! :lol:

it really looks good

nutti :D

Thank you everyone! I'm very excited that its mostly complete on the exterior. I know Dad will understand how much work it was, he's handy (and built me a house from a plan many years ago). Mom will like it but will "complain" that it's too big. LOL Although she might help me make something for the house. Maybe I can get her to help me decorate it a little while they are here. :D Probably not enough time

You’re not looking carefully enough nutti. :D

One of the windows all ready shows inhabitants. :lol:

Glen

Jaimie -

Fabulous job. Who's living in the house right now?

-Susanne

Here is the story of the people for my house:

FROM "Who lives in your dollhouse?" and the photo of them sitting around waiting for me to move thier furniture in! <ahttp://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/\html\style_emoticons\/sad.png' alt=':('> PHOTO

Glen, Your house and pieces are amazing. I wish I could commission you for something special for my house. That's one lucky little girl!

I love everything that you have all done.

WOWSERS! That's absolutely fantastic Jaimie! Can you give me a close up on the porch floor boards?
From "My Garfield updates" post

<standing and applauding> Beautiful work Jamie!! You've just done an awesome job. It's elegant and gracious and lovely. The stained woodwork is just breath taking and perfect for the house. I love it!

Deb

Jaime what did you use for the edge of your porch? Like you I don't like the rough edges showing and your edges look great. I have painted the outside of my Garfield and all the outside window trims are painted. This weekend I plan to paint the doors but not install them. I am waiting on my light kit so once I do the lighting I can finish up the exterior of the house. I've been taking pictures but haven't had the chance to upload them. Thanks for your help.

<breathing sigh of relief> It took me soooo long to decide on colors for the house! I think becasue I was afraid the house, as big as it is, would stick out like a sore thumb in what ever room I put it in if the colors where too much, or didn't blend with the colors that were in that room already. Since we will be moving (nope, still haven't found a house!) I'm really happy the stain came out so well, and think it will help blend it into any room! :lol: On a second-thought kind of note... I wonder what it would have looked like if I had used the brown FleckStone paint. OOOO! :D It may look even BETTER! LOL

Angie-

Check out the post in the like above to see the pics, if you haven't already. I use the "Skinny Sticks" that everyone talks about, for both the porch floor and the trim.

I guess I have to update my avator again.

I wonder what it would have looked like if I had used the brown FleckStone paint. OOOO! :lol: It may look even BETTER! LOL

IMPO it would have looked awfully dichromic (too much two-color), the bluish-gray roof makes a nice complement to the stain & the whole house isn't overwheled in a riot of colors (there are Painted Ladies and there are painted houses, and in mini it's especially nice not to get totally carried away). (Look who's talking! :D )