I'm your Maine man

Hi there,

I'm Colin, better known as MaineYankee here and there. I'm working on a little Corona Primrose that I'll be using like a room box for an Early American study. Thought I'd check out what other folks have done with this or similar kits. See you around.

Hmm, well, just finished the shell, so not much to see, but here it is...

Picture%20294.JPG

With the shell together I am working on room layout, so it will be awhile before I work on the details. I will be working on the roof to, 1) add depth, then 2) trim out, and 3) shake it using the shingles from the kit. I'm as yet undecided about adding a dormer. Unlikely.

Once I figure out the layout inside, I'll finalize the placement of doors and windows, then I'll get smooth 4" (to scale) clapboards for the exterior. It may be next winter before I finish it, since I will only be working on it between other projects. This one is for me, but with two daughters needing things done on their houses, I'll not have too much time spend on it, I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum, Colin, we're glad you're here. There's a two-part article beginning in the new Miniature Collector for a library roombox that has measured drawings & cutting list for builtin bookcases.

Sorry to disappoint, but the log cabin is a model that LL Bean commisioned, fashioned after their hunting and fishing cabins in the Rangley area of Maine. My younger daughter is a big fan of log homes, so I when I found this dollhouse at a flea market I snapped it up, just in time for Christmas.

And before you have to ask, LL Bean is just a little outdoors outfitter in the one-horse town of Freeport. ;)

• 1 month later...
Sorry to disappoint, but the log cabin is a model that LL Bean commisioned, fashioned after their hunting and fishing cabins in the Rangley area of Maine. My younger daughter is a big fan of log homes, so I when I found this dollhouse at a flea market I snapped it up, just in time for Christmas.

And before you have to ask, LL Bean is just a little outdoors outfitter in the one-horse town of Freeport. :(

:) i grew up in Rangeley! :rolleyes: go Lakers! :D moved away in "89. :huh: i can't wait to someday take my kids skiing on saddleback! welcome to the forum! -Holly