9/26/09 What would You Do If

Minis On The Edge

This one is easy! Open up a dollhouse shop of course!!!! And I would carry the GL line for sure, hands down, and help folks to build them too!!!! Dh could work for me and set his own hours, and he could even have a couch in the back room for naps...between dollhouse building and repair on call emergencies!

Putting serious things aside, I would own a dollhouse/miniature shoppe.

It would be quaint and cozy like something out of a storybook. It would smell like cookies. My grandchildren would come there after school. They would know everything in the shoppe as well as I did, and enjoy helping the customers.

In the back of the shoppe, I would have an old big tub filled with ice and pop bottles, especially orange pop.

Every Christmas we would give dollhouses to every child whose parents couldn't afford one.

People would come to the shoppe and leave feeling happy.

(And no big monopoly stores would ever be built near my shoppe.)

and I would make tons of money. B)

I would do whatever my heart told me to do - including:

- achieve world peace

- somehow arrange to remove all the negativity, and hurtful tendencies that some people have within them (well, I suppose that would fall under world peace, wouldn't it)

- lots of charity work such as:

- looking after all of the animals that are abused, neglected, exploited, and just not taken care of, and saving the children that needed saving

(Probably world peace would have already taken care of these issues, too)

- ensure that my own children are healthy, happy, and have a bright future

- own a dollhouse shop (just like Mary described)

- create all of the miniature projects that dance around in my head

- travel around the world, teaching lifeskills to those who need them (After first learning everything myself)

Oh, there are so many things to do!! It's not only fear of failure that can make people fail. There are all sorts of considerations - health (physical/emotional restrictions), finances (lack of), and so on.

If the barriers were all removed, then the sky's the limit!! :D

Literally! I mean, I'd love to fly! Really swoop, glide, race upwards and plummet downwards, spiral lazily - all the actions the birds indulge in, that look so good!

I could sit typing this post forever, and never run out of things that would be wonderful to do - best let others have a turn. :)

What Rosalind said..... :D

Then I'd like to have a used bookstore, the kind where you can find a copy of anything in beautiful shape and for almost no cost. It would have at least one fireplace with a sofa and chairs grouped around it, with great reading lamps of course, at least one cozy window seat (leaded glass mullioned windows, naturally and a garden outside) stuffed with pillows, several tables and chairs where you could sip your tea or coffee, nibble cookies or scones, and read. There would simply have to be at least a couple of cats always willing to curl up next to you and purr while you read, too. :)

And financial considerations such as profit and loss wouldn't even enter into the picture! :cloud9:

I'd love to own a large property (preferably in the city as I'm not a country person), where I could house stray cats. I'd keep the cats and not look for homes as I'd love all of them. I'd have a large home broken up into sections so that I could have rooms and pathways that don't connect for those that didn't get alone. I'd have lots of screened porches and cat runs built around large shady trees. In the city, this type of building use would have to be in an industrial area, but (since I couldn't fail) I'd apply to build in a residential area.

That's what I'd do if I couldn't fail. I could spend my days with wonderful four-legged furry friends.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I'd have Viggo come and work in my cattery!

What a great question, Tracy.

-Susanne

Want to own a big old house and be a stay at home mum, but with a cleaner! I don't mind doing work to do up the house and fix it, so long as I don't have to worry about money. Yup, if I couldn't fail I'd by a big old house and live there happily without money worries.

I would have a huge stone castle with lots of towers and secret stairways and secret rooms, etc. Set in the woods with a lake and the most gorgeous, well supplied, art and crafts rooms in all of history !!

I would have a darkroom for my photography, a weaving studio, a sewing room, a miniatures room, a woodworking shop with ALL the greatest power tools, a painting studio where I could just paint beautiful canvases forever, a beading room, a quilting room, a clay room with a giant kiln, and a general craft room for all the other cool things I might discover still.

I'd have a huge library to cozy up and read and research beside the fire and super wonderful office to do graphics of all kinds. I would have lots of help to do the mundane things of life. I would have beautiful gardens to photograph and paint, too.

We'd have lots of opportunity for outdoor activities too - swimming, games, boating, scuba diving, biking, sledding, skating and more.

AND THEN - I would have a shop to market all these wonderful things and we would never have to work at yucky jobs again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could just create and create and create.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My DH wants to someday own a bike shop and/or a indoor mountain bike park/skate park in an old factory. Within that shop, I would like to have a small dollhouse shop that I could run during his hours of operation. Much like what Merry described in her plan, except I don't have grandkids. My kids would help (and enjoy) running both aspects of the park and miniature store. Also, inside the bike shop/park would be a miniature version of the park.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an interesting question: what would you do if you KNEW you could not fail?

I don't usually fear failure, which is why I get into so many things! Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't. So I think I would go with the lottery ticket idea. I have never played the lottery because it's such a waste of money; but if I knew I could pick the winning ticket -- then I'd go for the biggest lottery out there, and win.

After that, all the projects I've wanted to do would be available - spending time (and money) on my miniature hobby, helping people who need it - especially the elderly, providing for my grandchildren's future, contributing to worthwhile charities already doing a good job - - ad infinitum :)