Cantebury

ilovecats

I don't know if this house is really a greenleaf or not, but it has green leaf instructions in it with the greenleaf logo. I started work on the cantebury today since i can't build my tennyson witches house yet. (i discovered that the instructions are missing). It was easy to punch out and i only had one sliver from sanding :) ;)

It's almost together, i left off a couple of pieces for now so that i can have easier access to doing my textured walls. For the interior i will spackle, for the outside i may do paperclay but i have another texture in mind as well. I'll post pic's this weekend. :) Construction of this kit was actually very easy!!!!!!!! Marg

Marg, I have pictures of this house in our gallery here. I have built this one 2 times and yes it is a Greenleaf house. Don't you love it?!!

;)

Can't wait to see pictures of yours!

I love your cantebury! that is why i wanted the kit in the first place!!!!! I'll post pic's on sunday. It seems that this house is smaller than 1/12th scale, maybe it's just my imagination? I was going to use it originally for my witch house, but it's just too small. I love it tho!!!! Marg

It is smaller than 1" scale which is why I am so happy that it came with it's own furniture ;)

When I do this one again (When I find my 2 that's stashed away) I plan on making it wider and the ceiling higher :). Can't wait to see yours!!

It almost looks to be something like 3/4" scale, it's definitely bigger than 1/2" scale. Nice house though, I was impressed to see how far Marg got on iy in 1 day. KInda makes me wanna jump into the Orchid.

Now where did you get her from? She is a Cutie!!

:unsure:

I found her on ebay! The seller does a whole bunch of different characters, she has several witches. I liked this one the best even tho she was taller than the others. She has some really adorable scarecrows as well!

I've got some updated pic's that i will post to the gallery shortly. I have to say that the house looks much better in person I don't like the way the photos look but you'll get an idea of how its going. I have more work to do on it but I may not put any windows in. I want it to be an abandoned house that a mouse has taken over and now lives in. I plan on having interesting decor, stuff that a mouse has acquired, not pretty brand new stuff, but old and lived in.....so with that in mind I intentionally made the floor boards warped and the boards on the front porch warped. I don't know if i will age them or just throw a couple of coats of shellac...haven't decided that yet. I hope to finish the house this weekend, but the decor will have to wait as i make it. I will post a picture of the mouse when i take more photos I just forgot to do it this time. :lol: Hope you like the house.

Its looking good. Will this be a family of mice or a single one? Can't wait to see it finished.

It will probably be a single mouse unfortunately. I found an adorable mouse holding a teapot and she is perfect for the house. Unfortunately she was the only one. I hope to stumble across one to match her somewhat in size one of these days. For now she is the sole tennant!

OOOOO that is turning out wonderful!

I just love that kit!

and you have done exactly what I want to do with one.

what a great job!

did you do your floors last?

nutti :lol:

Hi guys, thanks for all the positive input! Yes, Nutti, I put the floors in last.

I'll add some baseboards and a couple of other things but i am almost finished with it. I need to add a trellis and flowers for the trellis. I can't really place a garden around it because of my cats, but hopefully we will eventually get a house that will have a room closed off so taht the naughty cats can be shut out and then i can do gardening stuff with some of my houses. Currently the Cantebury is sitting in the closet so that naughty paws will stay away from it! Nice way to display items...I have an 18 inch victorian porcelain doll in the closet and a vase with flowers thanks to some naughtly furry monsters! I'm running out of closet space!

OOhhhh I LOVE that mouse!! Where did you find her?? I want a mouse family for my one cottage I did last year in Rik's class.

Tracy, I found her on ebay. I would love to have had a family, but she was the only one i could find. I check ebay from time to time in hopes of finding a friend or family member for her. She is 2 1/2 inches tall if that helps you. Good luck on your search and if i come across anything similar to her i'll let you know! Marg