Printies

eveynva

Hello everyone, I'm new and my name is Eve.

I have a few questions about printies, I need to know which software programs to use and what settings. So that I can print out some very cute things I found at some of the printies sites.

I am wanting also to do some decoupage on some of my furniture but for the life of me I can do this with the programs I have.

So any suggestions or help on the topic would be very much appreciated. Or if you could point me to a tutorial that would be great also....but I need to know what type of software I need to do the job.

Building my very first dollhouse and really want to do the best job I can.

Thanks for any help or suggestions, they will be very much appreciated.

You shouldn't need any particular software to print them out, give it a try. You should be able to just go to file and click on print. Some people print on photo paper, but I use what's best for the subject. Cardstock for book covers, some cream colored lightweight parchment for newspapers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Once you download a copy of something offered for free to your computer whatever photo program you have can help resize if that is an issue. Look at the book case photo in my album to see I took photo of my own then sized to work for my project.

I am here to see if I can post some printables in an album for others to use. maybe someone will answer.

Hope you have had good luck by now....

ta,

lc

Hi Eve-

Here are a few of my favorite sites that help with printies:

About.Com (Miniatures)

Jim's Dollhouse Pages

The Art of Dollhouse Miniatures

And, if you are looking for some good printies websites, here's an open directory: My Small Obsession and Jivvy

I use Photshop and Microsoft Paint to edit my printies.

Good luck and have fun!

What programs do you have?

If you want to use "Paint" on your computer this is how you do it:

Save the picture you want to resize on your computer.

Right click on the picture and select "Open With Paint."

At the top/left click on "Image."

Select "Stretch and Scew."

If the picture is 5 times too large, then change the 100% to 20% on both horizontal and verticle. You may have to play around with this until you get the size you want.

Then click okay.

Go to file and select "Save As."

A smaller size will show up in the same file as your original picture.

Hope this helps! :)

I use word for most things, if you know how to use text boxes they can be very helpfull in making minis.

Open one text box and copy or paste your image and text if you want. Get it to look like you want in mini, but you dont have to make it small yet. If you want to add text you can do this in your paint program. Save your image with the text on it and then copy and paste the pic in word.

When you have your image the way you like it,open a new text box on another part of your page.Then copy the box you already have done and put it in your new text box, you can then reduce it very easily with your mouse using the little arrow buttons that are on the text box inside.

The reason i like this is it reduces both the image and the text together and you can go very small. Hope this makes sence if not i can do a better write up if you like.

jenn

i have paint shop pro and for the life of me i can never figure out how to reduce and also get clarity! just tried it with some peter rabbit border wallpaper and just blurry!!! I want crisp! i have tried increasing pixels per inch but that never seems to help and sometimes makes it worse!

i have paint shop pro and for the life of me i can never figure out how to reduce and also get clarity! just tried it with some peter rabbit border wallpaper and just blurry!!! I want crisp! i have tried increasing pixels per inch but that never seems to help and sometimes makes it worse!

I can't help you with paint shop pro, but I do know that you cannot increase pixels to make a picture better.

If you have saved a picture from the internet the picture is most likely 72 dpi (dots per inch). You have 72 dpi to work with, so increasing the size only makes it more blurry.

If you decrease the size, it should become sharper, but I'm not familiar with paint shop pro to tell you how to do it.

thanks...the pro does allow me, or says it does, to increase pixels per inch, and if i increase a whole lot it sure takes forever to reformat, but the quality would not indicate anything had changed! LOL

I just want to clarify what I meant. Any program allows you to increase pixels per inch, but by doing so it makes the picture more blurry because the picture itself has only 72 dpi.

Perhaps I am not understanding your situation so please forgive me. I only know photoshop. :)

I just want to clarify what I meant. Any program allows you to increase pixels per inch, but by doing so it makes the picture more blurry because the picture itself has only 72 dpi.

Perhaps I am not understanding your situation so please forgive me. I only know photoshop. :)

LOLOL no you understand what is going on, I dont! LOLOL thank you!!!! now i GET IT! LOLOLOL :)

My Serif program has a box to check to maintain ratio. look for something similiar in your paint shop pro. Serif is comparable to Adobe photo shop. I go for inches for example tv screen logo of a show 2" x 1 3/4" or some such thing. I can see pixels would blur.

wishing you success :-)

lc