just odd thoughts...

Shakyshaky

Does anyone else have a pet that likes to smell flowers? Or do any other nonpet like things?

When my 1 year old son is done eating why does he feel the need to put his hands on his head, in his hair?

How do you think dollhouses learned to communicate? How did the buttercup know I had mini kingdom Barbies ( they will be living in it) and How did minis.com know to send that one to me?

How come those snakes only show up in the yard when I am not looking for them? ( found out we have atleast two)

Why is it that half way though building a house I want it to be DONE and keep thinking about the next thing instead of actually finishing it?

More later when I remember them....

Does anyone else have a pet that likes to smell flowers? Or do any other nonpet like things?

Well, he has his own laptop because he likes taking naps on it. He thinks the hard drive is humming to him. He used to have his own website and email address too but I think he let them lapse.

When my 1 year old son is done eating why does he feel the need to put his hands on his head, in his hair?

Because he hasn't figured out what a napkin is for?

How do you think dollhouses learned to communicate? How did the buttercup know I had mini kingdom Barbies ( they will be living in it) and How did minis.com know to send that one to me?

Houses are really alien life forms that telecommunicate with each other. Really.

How come those snakes only show up in the yard when I am not looking for them? ( found out we have atleast two)

They're playing tag. You're it.

Why is it that half way though building a house I want it to be DONE and keep thinking about the next thing instead of actually finishing it?

I checked the handbook. That's symptom number 4 of Mini Addiction.

Deb

I checked the handbook. That's symptom number 4 of Mini Addiction.

Deb

OMG! I have got it! Is there a one step program I can sign up for!

Ive got some:

Why does the cat hold it in UNTIL you have just finished cleaning the litter pan?

Why do they make it so hard to correctly fold fitted sheets? Just as bad as a roadmap.

How much does the air cost in a half filled bag of potato chips that you paid $1.49 for?

Why does the cat hold it in UNTIL you have just finished cleaning the litter pan?

I don't know that one Melanie. Are you sure your cat & my cat Henry aren't related? Henry decides that after the litter box is 'clean' is the time to go in to his 'office' --did I mention he likes to drag socks in there with him?

Why do they make it so hard to correctly fold fitted sheets? Just as bad as a roadmap.

Because miniaturists hate housework as a rule. Take a tip from me, which is much quicker. ROLL the sheet up and stuff it in the closet. :) That way it falls out all by itself when you need it again. ;)

How much does the air cost in a half filled bag of potato chips that you paid $1.49 for? HMM....let's figure this out. 1.49 for your bag of chips. (From now on only pay .99 cents, that way you get the air for free!) Maybe the air is included so you can burp better after eating chips. (I am a pro at chip eating, it's a family tradition, like Hank says!)

I've got some for ya'll:

Why do they call it a teacup poodle? Does it drink from a teacup, fit in a teacup, or only prefer tea to drink? :)

Why does the dishwasher and the washing machine konk out at the same time? GRRR......

Why does the mail person who delivers the mail deliver your package of minis at the END of the day, like at 5 pm? Or tear your mini magazine but deliver the useless free advertisements in one piece???

Why are Rice Krispies so noisy? If they snap, crackle and pop, aren't they shorting out? If they are defective, shouldn't their names be: Broken, Defective, and Backfire? ;)

I thought these were just funny...........

Cats are very clean animals, they hate dirty litter pans. So they wait until the pan has been cleaned to let go. You might not like to sit down on a toilet that hasn't been flushed for a day or two. With all our monsters we have 3 pans that get cleaned twice a day.

My cats used to grag things in there with them too. So do the kids now that I think about it. ;) ( the bathroom not the litter box)

They call teacup terriors that because they have to be able to fit in a teacup to be sold for $$$. Don't know about poodles.

Apparently your dishwasher and washing machine have a bet going to see can drive you crazy first.

If your mail person is anything like mine you have to say very nice things about him otherwise you will never get your things in one piece.

Why does it rain after you wash your car? (not that i'd know since my truck is filthy ;) )

Why do cats start playing and fighting in the BEDROOM when you are trying to sleep in on your day off (there are other rooms for them to do it in).

Why do I always notice when there is a spider around? I seem to think "spider" and one magically appears. I HATE spiders and seem to have a special detector for them? I "sense"their presence!

Why does the mail person who delivers the mail deliver your package of minis at the END of the day, like at 5 pm? Or tear your mini magazine but deliver the useless free advertisements in one piece???

Ooo! I know! I know! I used to be a mail carrier. Your magazines get shoved into your slot 1st in the beginning of the sort, then letters are shoved inside them. If you have ALOT of catalogs or magazines, they have to really shove them in there! Junk mail comes in bulks that are pre-addressed, dont have to be shoved! I dont know about packages.. they should come at usual time!

I thought these were just funny...........

Why does it rain after you wash your car? (not that i'd know since my truck is filthy ;) )

Why do cats start playing and fighting in the BEDROOM when you are trying to sleep in on your day off (there are other rooms for them to do it in).Because their license for Pay per view expired and they need an audience!

Why do I always notice when there is a spider around? I seem to think "spider" and one magically appears. I HATE spiders and seem to have a special detector for them? I "sense"their presence! Why do I always notice when there is a bee around? Super sensitive fear. You get that prickly feeling on your skin and you just KNOW they are there.. You are a spider whisperer!

(cackle, snicker)

Our old beagle used to pick and eat the muscadines that grow on our fence (the birds & bugs get them now), he also ate the ripe pears when they fell from the tree, or reach up and pick the ones he could eat. He was also chatty, for a dog, although his vocabulary was simple and limited; the vet used to to kid us about it (I think he thought we had taught Riley to talk!!!)

It's in the list of rules for being a baby, the angels whisper the rules to babies while they're growing in the womb; by the time they're born they have memorized the rules so well they don't need to remember where they heard them.

How come those snakes only show up in the yard when I am not looking for them?

Same reason snakes love babies and will come out to play near them.

Andrew's answer makes sense, but I also think it has to do with why all pets wait until you've just finished knocking yourself out clening the house for company to come in from playing in every mud puddle & rolling in every dead critter they could find.

It's a trade-off for the convenience of not having to box the corners & have them come untucked in the night.

How much does the air cost in a half filled bag of potato chips that you paid $1.49 for?

Simple calculation, you subtract the pennie's orth of potato slices, the nickle's worth of hot oil to fry them in and the 0.1% of a cent worth of salt. Hmm, I wonder if that's the like the formula petroleum companies use to calculate gas prices?

Why does it rain after you wash your car?

Same reason dogs lick their backsides; because they can.

why don't they hear me staying "stay the muck away from me"

Cats become "mom deaf", just like kids.

This is fun! ;)

Why, in conversation do we follow up a persons statement with a question????

For example: (random names and made up situation to demonstrate the silly things we do - or at least I do)

Bill: I cut my finger off today.

Jane: Oh did you? or Really?

The reason i bring this up is that I was talking with a patient on wednesday and my responses to his statements were dumb questions like this and we both laughed.

Just an odd thought :blink:

Here's mine -

How come, when I'm sitting at my computer and I lift my right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles, then I lift my right hand and draw the number "6" in the air with my right hand, that my foot automatically changes directions. Really .... it's true. Try it!

-Susanne

Come on ... don't tell me that any of you hadn't tried this before.

Here's mine -

How come, when I'm sitting at my computer and I lift my right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles, then I lift my right hand and draw the number "6" in the air with my right hand, that my foot automatically changes directions. Really .... it's true. Try it!

-Susanne

Come on ... don't tell me that any of you hadn't tried this before.

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to experiment. Of course i thought you were crazy :blink::huh: but it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even stopped then tried again to NOT do it and i couldn't! Well how 'bout that?!!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to experiment. Of course i thought you were crazy :blink::huh: but it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even stopped then tried again to NOT do it and i couldn't! Well how 'bout that?!!!!

Actually, I am crazy. But I'm happy crazy.

-Susanne

Here's mine -

Oh, that's just trippy!! I'll be driving people nuts at work tomorrow making them do it. hehehehehehheehehe (I'm just *so* easily entertained)

Deb

Why do they call it a hot water heater? If the water's already hot, why are you heating it?
I think the same reason that fast food places place "Caution: contents may be hot" on those fimsy styrofoam cups so you can't sue them when you're scalded with second & third degree burns.

Why does Crazy Glue stick everything together, except for the 2 things you are trying to stick together?

Maybe that's why it's called "Crazy" glue.

Can cats smell ice cream?

(I can be upstairs, away from siamese, and start eating ice cream and BAM! there he is with paw outstretched) :lol:

Can cats smell ice cream?

(I can be upstairs, away from siamese, and start eating ice cream and BAM! there he is with paw outstretched) :lol:

I don't know about ice cream but if I open a bag of marshmallows the girl cat will instantly appear at my feet hollering for some. Marshmallows are probably her very most favorite people food.

Kahty