Contest Dollhouse Appreciation Month

Some of us Love the Autumn season. The Crisp smells of crunchy leaves, wood fireplaces burning, and the beautiful colors of oranges, reds & browns filling the air & ground made me think we should have a small fun fall contest! ;)

What makes you think of Fall? Is it pumpkin pies bake fresh from the oven or is it cooked Turkey garnished with stuffing being eaten with friends & Family? Is it a Halloween theme? Is it just being able to wear fall fashions again? October is Dollhouse Awareness Month. Let's Celebrate it by creating a small scene that reminds YOU of Autumn.

The rules are, Create your scene. Submit three clear pictures of your creation displayed inside or outside of your Greenleaf/Corona kit ( it can only be a dollhouse or arbor or even birdhouse kit made by Greenleaf/Corona ). Please include a short story about your item and how it relates to the Autumn season to you. Only one entry is allowed per person. You must be a member of the Forum to enter. Your items can not be displayed or shown in the public and it can not be a picture of something that we have already seen (or that has been publicly seen by others). All pictures must be submitted by Saturday November 7th 11:59 PM. Winners will be notified by November 14th. You MUST reply to me within three days (72 hours) or you will forfeit your prize.

Please follow the rules below and include the needed info with your pictures submission or else your entry WILL be disqualified:

Must be a Forum Member

Your Name

Physical Address (in case you are the winner)

Email address (So we can notify you)

3 clear pictures of your item displayed inside or outside of your Greenleaf kit

Short story describing your item and it's relevance to the Theme "What Make You Think Of Fall"

Item Submitted no later than November 7th 11:59 pm

Must Notify me via the email address below to confirm your information if you get the email that you ARE one of the winners.

All submissions should be sent to me at Greenleafdollhouses@yahoo.com

Pictures of Prizes will be posted soon. There will be 3 Winners picked by the judges. Remember Have fun with this!! Stay tuned for pictures of prizes for this contest. The contest is hosted by Tracy Topps & Deb Roberts. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please be sure to send us a PM.

Thanks so much for making our Forum & Hobby fun! Thanks to also to Dean & Lisa for giving Deb & Myself the chance to do this with our friends here!

** Edited To Add**

Your NEW contest item you make for the contest can be in or on the outside an existing dollhouse or creation you have previously made even if we have seen the house or Arbor. Only your NEW creation will qualify as the contest entry. You can NOT enter previously made items that have been seen to the public alone without adding your new fall item to it. The actual item for entry must be new and never seen. Sorry I did not make this clear before. So if your scene is Pumpkins with leaves and a scare crow, you can take pictures of it displayed as the NEW item in or in front of a dollhouse that has been built previously. If it a fall creepy tree that you have added to one of your houses enter the tree on the outside of your pre-existing Greenleafor corona item. You can just even make a table turkey scene displayed in your Greenleaf/Corona Dollhouse. At least one Picture must have the Greenleaf item Visible to so that we can tell which item of Greenleaf/Corona your submission is displayed with. You can also do a Vignette with just the furniture kits or even do one of the small houses from the Corona Village kit. Remember have fun. If you have Questions, feel free to ask them cause someone else may be wondering about the same thing. :p

Prizes Are 1" Scale

First Place Prizes Are:

2553291570037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

2395319190037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

Second Place Prizes Are:

2603258640037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

2768691000037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

Third Place Prizes Are:

2468769140037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

2724285170037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

Also, all three winners will receive some other Wooden Craft Kits donated by our favorite Company, Greenleaf!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Great Monica! Notice you can even use the Birdhouse by Greenleaf or Corona to create your scene and it also includes the furniture kits. So long as the item is pictured in, on or in front of a Greenleaf/Corona Dollhouse item. I can't wait to see what everyone come up with!

So the scene does it have to be made from a green leaf/corona arbor etc? or does it have to be displayed in front of one of these items? Or does it have to be a green leaf/corona arbor etc, in front of a green leaf corna kit? ;)

OMG........I've been lazy...not wanting to finish some projects that just need a simple thing or two. But now here's a challenge!! Those I finish!!I feel a fire in my mind..

Don't know what I'll do..but I feel the burn!! Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

This contest is going to be *SO* much fun! It's a chance to relax and really have a good time with your miniature friends here on the forum.

The key words are "relax" and "have fun"! That's why we're making this contest about miniature scenes. Show off your skills with clay and make a scene filled with pumpkins on the porch or baking in the kitchen or black cats and ravens in an arbor or whatever it is you do with clay that puts a smile on your face. We have some awesome clay artisans on the forum, so let's see what you've got! Landscapers! Show us your stuff too! Autumn is perfect for doing a little yard work around your Greenleaf/Corona house and we wanna see what you can do. And stagers! Oooooooooh, we have some serious talent for staging miniature scenes on the forum. We'd love to see the work of some of our fabulous stagers who can set the scene just right for any occasion inside their dollhouse. Do you want to build something completely new? Cool! Head over to the Greenleaf store and check out the kits, birdhouses, furniture, and arbors. You might be surprised at what you can find that would give you plenty of time to build something new if that's what you feel like doing. ***It's ALL about what makes you the happiest this time of year and expressing it in miniature.****

The biggest, most important thing is to have a good time. Summer is over, kids are at school, and the holiday rush hasn't begun yet. Isn't this the most perfect time for you to have a little miniature time for yourself? Don't you NEED to have a little miniature time for yourself when you sit down to create and get so caught up in the delight.........the pure joy.....of doing what you love to do best and then sharing it with your online family? Sure you do! C'mon and play with us.

Deb

Oooh, I got my idea!!

Did it make your toes wiggle when you thought of it? Is there a huge grin on your face right now? <happy dancing> Yay!!! That's what it's all about!!!

..but I feel the burn!! Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Go Lynn Go!! Feel that burn!!

I believe it has to be on or in front of any GL or Corona structure.

On, in, around, on top of, underneath, incorporated into............any of the above as long as your pictures visibily show that it's a Greenleaf/Corona Concepts product.

Deb

Also, I just so you'll know, your NEW contest item you made can be in an existing dollhouse or creation you have made. The actual item for entry must be new and never seen. I guess I should have made that clear before. So if your scene is Pumpkins with leaves and a scare crow, you can take pictures of it displayed as the NEW item in or in front of a dollhouse that has been built previously. I'll add that to the info on the 1st post. Thanks Corwin & Deb! Your posts made me think of that detail!

Yes, you can Corwin if you add something to it that has not been shown to the public that is fall related. ;) Have ai Totally confused you all yet? Please read the edited post here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...st&p=391915

So deb, I guess i can't use my Garfield then ;)

<cackle> Corwin used to have a Garfield, but his dollhouse ate it. heheheheheheheheehee

As long as the picture still shows something that's recognizable as a Garfield which adds a serious challenge to your entry!

Deb

Ohhhhh, now this will be fun, fun, fun to hear and see and enjoy ;) LOVE this season, have a bunch of candles lit around here right now as it is allready dark and today's weather is simply awful being outfoors in with it raining heavily on and off along with really heavy wind gust, purrrr-fect weather to be inside and start a little something :p Yay and thank you for giving us a little "spark" to get creative!

HUGS

Oh, what fun! I don't know if I can squeeze out some "me" time - but even if I don't participate, it will be very exciting to follow everyone who does! :) (I would love to join in, though.)