10/16/09 Your Song?

Minis On The Edge

What song makes you happy when you hear it and Why?

Mine is

If I ever Fall in Love by Shai

The reason why is because when I was dating my husband, he called me on the phone and begged me to take a ride with him cause he wanted me to hear something. When I got in the car, he played that song and said "I think I have fallen for you" and it has been "our song" since.

It always bring a smile to my face when I hear it (which is not often now) But I heard it today and started wondering What song makes you the happy when you hear it and Why?

Ahhh, now that is easy for me as well it is "Nothing compares to you" with Sinead O'Connor, also DH, then boyfriend who played it for me our first anniversary as a couple... Sweet memories, thank you for the smile, needed it today!

Hugs

Ha! I always loved "Venus" by Frankie Avalon...reminds me of when I was in third grade and our class had gone to the Planetarium.Was the first song I remember when I came home.!( Still......I only have 61 "faves" on my Ipod shuffle.Ha :( !!)

"Our" song is "Puff, the Magic Dragon", because the first time DH proposed to me was on our way back to my dorm after a rowdy party following a Peter, Paul & Mary concert we'd attended (it was the first time he proposed because we'd both had a bit to drimk and I wanted to see if he was serious enough to ask me again when he was stone, cold sober; which he did when he was).

• Like 2

Well the song that always makes me smile is Beautiful Mess by Diamond Rio. I don't listen to country music all the time but this song was out when my husband an I first got married and he would always listen to it in the car. Now when ever we hear it we always sing it together. :(

The song that has meant the most to me all my life is Mahalia Jackson's "Trouble of the World". I love to sit on the floor against a wall and just close my eyes and listen to this song. It's gotten me through some very rough times in my life.

For those of you who have never heard it, here is a link.

My all-time favourite Christmas song is Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth by Bing Crosby and David Bowie. I could listen to that song all year long!

However, I also have songs for each of my kids that I picked out when they were little, and everytime I hear one of them, I think of that child:

DS#1: Forever Young by Rod Stewart

DD: I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack

DS#2: Blessed by Elton John

I have several all for entirely different reasons but the all time # one for that "inner spirit-evoking feeling" is "These Dreams" by Heart.

Here is the story that preceded the song according to Wikepedia - which may or may not be true. "This song was dedicated (on the album) to Nancy Wilson's good friend Sharon Hess, who died of leukemia shortly before the song was made. The lyrics of the song describe the fantasy world a person enters when faced with a difficult situation in real life. The final verse seemingly suggests that, moments before awakening, what one desires the most is exactly that which is out of reach in a dream: "In a wood full of princes, freedom is a kiss. But the prince hides his face from dreams in the mist."."

Others include: Sounds of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel and The Impossible Dream

From my faith side I love: Precious Lord, take my hand – Thomas Dorsey, He Didn't Bring Us This Far to Leave Us – Phil Johnson, Find Us Faithful – Steve Green, and When Answers Aren't Enough – Scott Wesley Brown

Cool topic - can't wait to read more of others favorites.

• Like 1

Not my favorite, but one that brings back so many happy memories. Peg by Steely Dan. I was listening to it on my way up to the Golden Gate KC dog show at the Cow Palace and that turned out to be such a neat day. In among all those people in the seats, I kept running into my friends and other people I knew. It was a strange feeling - like going to a party at a good friend's house.

18th Floor Balcony by Blue October

Private joke between my boyfriend and I since it described perfectly our first date two years ago. We both get misty eyed whenever we hear it. Hoping it'll be our first dance if the time comes....

Hands down ~ has to be "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (who sadly died at such a young age) No matter what kind of mood I am in, if I hear that song, I am instantly smilin'. :thumb:

Yes, yes, yes, except that it always has me in tears instead of smiling, well, smiling at the same time. Loved it so much I got the CD, my very first CD. The world lost a gifted man when Israel passed, far too young.

But long before that there are two others: "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones, heard it the first time as a child while at Snoqualmie Pass ski lodge when it was first being played - my intro to rock'n'roll. I never looked back and am still rockin'...

And, "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers, which has got to be the most romantic song out there. Who could ever forget how it was used in the movie "Ghost"?

GREAT topic!

Also Mary Did You Know.

Another one is I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe

Another one is, Who Painted The Moon Black?

There are so many that hit me in different ways. But I think the one that always gets to me is He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother.

As I think we all have to remember that everyone we meet affects us in some way. We are all brothers and sisters in person, on-line and people that we don't personally know. We all have things to offer everyone. No matter who we are. I see it everyday here on the board. No strangers, just family.

My very favorite is "You are so beautiful to me" Joe Coker" I have dedicated this song to my two lovely daughers since they were very young and I still dedicate it to them. If it plays on the radio I will call them on my cell phone let them listen for a moment and hang up.....they always know it is me. It is a fun thing to do.....

My very favorite is "You are so beautiful to me" Joe Coker" I have dedicated this song to my two lovely daughers since they were very young and I still dedicate it to them. If it plays on the radio I will call them on my cell phone let them listen for a moment and hang up.....they always know it is me. It is a fun thing to do.....

Oh My Gosh, I read your post and I must say I got goosebumps!! This weekend, I had to sing that song to myself (Actually it was amazing cause 3000 people were singing this song to themselves) and this is my "New" song that I am Loving right now.

If you guys can, find that song on the net today play it, look in the mirror and sing it to YOURSELF, (in the morning if you can) :ohyeah::( It will totally change your outlook during the day!

Wooo Hooo!

Have a Wonderful Day!!