Back Surgery 2009

heidiiiii

Beverly, what does the doctor say about the blurriness? Your surgery was quite a while ago ... I hope it clears up very soon. :p

Heidi - I'm so glad you can take a bubble bath. I know what wonders a good soak in the tub can achieve! :banana:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am to see the dr tomorrow for a status up date. This time is taking much longer but the gas bubble is finally starting to shrink. Right now it is like looking through a glass covered with vasiline. I am start to see shadowy shapes and smears of colors. Sigh!

Tonite is not a good night. My hip hurts and I feel stiff. We went to Walmart and Bjs today.

I was sore before we went out. I am going to take half a pill and hope for some relief. I have noticed when nasty weather blows thru..i am not feeling good. I think I will not feel quite right to at least the Spring.

Going to try to relax and hope for some sleep tonite.

Tonight is a "bad hip night"?? Well, I bet it's partly because of the bad weather I

understand you are having.But overall it sounds like you are doing very well!! Keep it

up! Still sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery! :wave:

Heidi, I hope that the pill eases your pain and discomfort. This kind of weather causes trouble for many people, I know. Rest up, and feel better! :wave:

Beverly - it must be very frustrating for you to be without clear vision for so long. At least you can see light (or shapes and smears) at the end of the tunnel! Hoping it keeps improving, and quickly, too. :wave:

Thank You!!!!

This is for all of you (you know who you are) who has sent me well wishes, cards, Facebook Cheers, unexpected gifts in the mail, emails, and phone calls.

I appreciate each and everyone of you and what you have done. You all know that I have been in pain and extremely BORED. I want to do but I could not. But I think I am starting to feel the itch. I am going to work on the lighthouse first.

I also have a Orchid project to do. My new friend bought her dd an Orchid kit for a christmas present. The dd is now 15yrs old. I told them that I would put it together and paint the exterior. I think they want to do the interior together. but that wont be until the New year.

Tomorrow is a milestone. One month since the surgery and one month since i stopped smoking!

I am going to have Natalie take a pic of my scar. Everyone in RL wants to see it. LOL

Since I have not smoked, my fingernails are growing. No more nibbling going on. But they are weak AND they will get in the way of gardening and minis.

Hey look everybody!! It is Jenny!

Hiya! How are you doing? Emerson Row??

Didnt you have to have some eye surgery or something done?

We have missed you and glad you poked your head in....

And Thank you.

Hey look everybody!! It is Jenny!

Hiya! How are you doing? Emerson Row??

Didnt you have to have some eye surgery or something done?

We have missed you and glad you poked your head in....

And Thank you.

Hehe. Hi :) I've taken a 2 year break from building, can you believe that? This past year has been a whirl wind. Caleb and I bought a house in March, got married in April and we've just been enjoying being newlyweds and all the craziness in between :)

My Emerson Row still sits unfinished. I'm currently building a Arthur for my 7year old Niece as a surprise Christmas present. I gotta say I'm really loving building again, I forgot how much I loved it. I'll have to post pics soon to show you how its going.

I plan to come around more frequently. Its so nice to see familiar faces here :)

Welcome home, Jenny, and congratulations on marrying Caleb. Your niece will like the Arthur.

Hi Holly! Thank you so much for the welcome home and the congrats:) I'm so glad to be back here, I missed you all. I've been brosing through the gallery at all the wonderful eye candy. There are some amazing new builds in there!

:)1 Month :)

I had my surgery one month ago today and I also quit smoking the same day.

I have some pain and numbness in my right leg today but I think it is a combo of healing and I slept on it wrong. I took a couple Motrin and I will be extra careful and easy today.

I am able to do more but I still have to realize that I have limitations. I must maintain the level of laziness that I have but only adding a bit of activity every other day.

I still do not bend over pick up anything BUT my back and legs are strong enough now that I can squat to reach stuff. I still have days like today, where I am reminded that I had surgery. It sucks but I will survive.

I have not put the Patch on for about three days now. The first day was by accident..I just forgot to change. Then I figured I would try without it and see how it goes.

It is going pretty well. I dont need to take it anymore.

I see the surgeon on January 4 for a follow up.

Happy One Month Anniversary! You have done a great job, Heidi - I know how hard it is to quit, and to throw surgery into the mix - well, my hat goes off to you. :)

Hello to Jenny, nice to see you here again! :)

I have become an inspiration to many people in my RL and internet life.

So many people cannot believe that I decided to quit smoking at the same time I was recovering from major back surgery. What an awful time to do it? they said.

You are a strong willed woman! (Fred is the strong willed man).

It was the PERFECT time for me to do it. I could witch and cry all I wanted but I was never going to get a cigarette. I could not walk much less drive..so I was quitting whether I changed my mind or NOT.

I am proud and happy that so many that I know are going to quit because they see that I quit. My close friend could not believe it. So she is quitting Christmas Day. She wants to hang out with me and I told her not until I can handle being around her smoke.

So she is quitting!

Yay!

I am still screaming for a cigarette from time to time but not as loud and not as often. Those moments when I feel I want to spark one up are fleeting. I just ignore them now.

I had a bad couple days with pain. That pain the doctor talked about has finally traveled to my right hip/backside. My foot and leg does not hurt anymore so I am in the home stretch!

I had to take a half a Vicodin yesterday because it hurt so badly. But it is NOT my back that hurts so I know it is the nerves. Remember I talked about the ascending pain?

This is the last area. So he was right. It probably would take a month and a half to really heal well enough. It will take longer to be 100% but I am walking better. Not ready for the mall..LOL

When I see him in January, I am going to ask about walking on the treadmill. I will go slow but I want to start to build my muscle back in my back and right leg.

So that is how I am doing at this point. I am glad I did this in the winter and not in the summer. It is cold so it is okay to be stuck in the house!

All that I can say is hats of to you, Heidi! You are an inspiration to many people and I am glad that you can see that. Also, I am so glad that the family stepped up to the plate and helped out - our kids can surprize us when we least expect it! When you are up to it, take a bow and pat yourself on the back for a job well done! :)

Heidi, you know you've inspired me to take on breaking this horrid smoking habit I've had since I was sixteen. Your eMails and posts have been beyond inspiring and supportive. I'm on Day Three now, just about to go sleep all day (don't care if it's day or night or what I'm doing as long as I don't smoke!) and though I'm not fit to be around "polite" company, I am NOT SMOKING.

And it's all your fault, m'dear!! :)

My nails are growing. I have not chewed on them since my surgery (and quitting smoking). I painted them yesterday. I have not had my own nails long ever. I have always been a nail chewer. Always!

In the past I have had fake ones put on, but I always end up ripping those off too.

I am telling you. This surgery switched something on in my brain. I have gained weight since surgery and quitting. About 10 lbs. I hate it BUT I already know it is not here to stay. Once I get the okay from the Dr, I am off to the gym to walk it off.

I have been eating less meat also. Since my tastes has come back, I do not really like the taste of some meats anymore. Chicken for one. I am not saying I am becoming a vegetarian. Just dont like the taste.

I have been able to do more. I still will not bend if I do not have to. I will not lift anything heavy either. But I have noticed that it does not hurt to reach anymore. So I can put the dishes away. I am planning on cleaning the pantry inside and out.

I still cannot put my own socks on..LOL That is too much bending yet for me. Maybe around my birthday I will be able to. My foot still goes numb but it is on and off. I will tell the Dr about that at my next visit.

I know that it will take time to heal. I have no pain in my back so I know I have been doing the right thing.

I have plans and I want to be lazy now so that I can accomplish them. One of my plans is the garden. I cannot wait! The front bed is a MESS.