Back Surgery 2009

heidiiiii

Do you cross-stitch? A few rugs would keep you busy! I did a small rug entirely with French knots when I quit smoking - it helped a lot. Took my focus, and the time just flew by. Plus, it looked like a hand-knotted rug in perfect scale!

You can make flowers with tissue paper and paper punches, if you have some. Or use scrapbooking scissors for cutting fancy edges. These can cut petal and leaf shapes when you flip the paper after each cut across the sheet.

If you use Jo's suggestion with the polymer clay, you can also turn your hand to making polyclay flowers and plants. Get a good book from the library, and you can make a garden full of flowers and foliage!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be thinking of you Heidii. I believe you will find the results such an improvement you will wonder what took you so long to do it! I know my DH was so happy when he did. I will be in for a colonoscopy about the same time. No where as serious as yours, just routine.

Today is the last day before my (almost) two month saga of having a healthier spine!

My wishes for this:

No more back, leg, and foot pain.

No more smoking..I will be in too much pain to think about it and by the time I realize that I would want one..the nicotine will be out of my system.

Back to the gym and get back to losing.

Being able to do things pain free.

Garden!

Today Fred and I are going to conquer the bedroom. I want the room spic and span for my return. I will wait to wake him up before I start the vacuum..ROFL

You'll be able to hibernate - and miss all the snow, ice, shovelling the driveway ... good thing it's not summertime!

Don't wear yourself out today, Heidi. You need to be in tip-top (almost) shape tomorrow. :)

Good luck tomorrow,Heidi!

Maybe you could have a new book awaiting your arrival home.And don't forget a new box of Kleenex,a new mini magazine-one of Mr. Ernie's Catalogs,and a nice notebook

to write,draw,jot down all kinds of ideas for future DHs.

Can't wait until you write again.We miss you already!Speedy recovery! :)

Does Natalie know that we'll all be on pins and needles awaiting news? I hope so!

And when you feel those warm, comforting waves around you ... that's All of Us surrounding you with healing, caring thoughts and energies. :)

Does Natalie know that we'll all be on pins and needles awaiting news? I hope so!

Yes. She has Deb`s email addy and just in case she forgets..Deb has her email addy. You all will be informed.

Good luck Heidii, I'll be thinkning of you tomorrow and saying prayer for successful surgery and waiting to hear from Deb. I know you will do well and before you know it you will be back to working on the Pomroy. Our neighbor had the same surgery and he was so happy he chose to have it done. He now can go snowmobiling, which he enjoys but it caused him too much pain for a number of years so he had given it up. Rita

Good News!

Someone canceled their surgery so I get to go in at 7am instead of 12:30pm. No lack of caffeine meanie for me!

Yay! You can go to the hospital in your jammies and crawl back into bed!

Deb