What Scale Is It??

Brezavaqt

Okay...so I went on ebay and purchased a "Bespaq Nursery Set." Well, when it arrived, it was a lot smaller than I imagined and was questionable as "Bespaq." I know the picture doesn't show it in great detail, but does anyone have any idea what scale it is?? I can't believe it's 1/12 because it's much smaller than my other furniture and bigger than my 1/24 furniture.

I'm baffled...

Bre

post-3899-1256316879_thumb.jpg

From the pic. it actually looks like 1:12. The crib is a rocher, therefore will be the small crib, that's half the size of the full sized baby crib. The table and chair are a child sized set, for toddlers to use, and I have that exact changing table in my Gloucester bathroom, and in that setting, it doesn't appear to be off. It's just a variation within the same scale. The same happens in RL, with apartment size furniture...

• Like 1

I can't open your attachment to see it closer, but I know that some bespaq comes in white/cream and there are different sizes of furniture. Is it small compared to your other bespaq? Or is this the first you've got? Because I think Bespaq is much more delicate and small compared to many 1:12 scale furniture, where the pieces of wood would be huge if you scaled it up.

I saw a few pieces online tonight that belong to Bespaq's Edmond nursery, a changing table and cradle that look like yours, a dresser and a high chair. They're listed on Ebay and a couple of stores, so you very well may have real Bespaq.

The owner of Bespaq did tell me once that he deliberately designs his pieces to be small, though in 1:12 scale, because most dollhouse rooms are small. He just patterns them after smaller sized real life furniture. Of his current line, the Baby Bliss changing table is 3 & 1/2" high, if that helps you at all.

• Like 1

I think it's the child size table and chair that throw everything out of kilter. If you cover it up and just look at the other two pieces, they look fine. I'm not a Bespaq expert by any means, but I didn't know they ever did mission style. Maybe so, though.

Well to me it looks in scale, the first changing table is more of a dresing table really, As for the crib they are the same size, bu one is taller because of the style of crib. The Chair and tables are small because they are a childrens set. They would work in a 1 16th scale house but not the crib/changing table.

The small crib is actually a cradle. It is correct, and I've seen that cradle in RL. Your change table is correct too, the other is a chest of drawers, with a half closet. I use those as nursery dressers, in my houses. You must be able to change baby at waist hieght, reaching down, not up. The toddler sized table is also fine, if you have a 2-3 year old child sitting, and eating there. A RL child size table is approx. the height of a RL chair seat. You've got a beautiful set. Try it with a child doll...

• Like 1

"The owner of Bespaq did tell me once that he deliberately designs his pieces to be small, though in 1:12 scale, because most dollhouse rooms are small. He just patterns them after smaller sized real life furniture."

Grazina has made an interesting point here. I've been wondering for a long time about the size of Bespaq furniture. In fact, the scale of their pieces has made me steer away from purchasing them. Although they are absolutely lovely, if you combine them in a room with other manufacturers pieces, it can look really odd.

At least now I know what the logic is and I'm not imagining things!

Ginna

• Like 1