10/27/09 Thankfulness for today?

Minis On The Edge

Sometimes we wake up early in the morning and think of all the things that we have to do during the day. Sometimes, it's things we have been procrastinating about getting done. Tell yourself today, what you are Thankful for write it down so that the rest of us can realize all the Many things that are going RIGHT in our lives!!

I am Thankful to have Love in my life. The Love of Family & Friends. I feel when we show love, it comes right back to us. So at this moment, I am Thankful for the love!! During the day and night, while you are focused on what you are Thankful for, I promise you, when you wake up tomorrow, your check list for tomorrow won't seem so long or hard to complete.

I Love you all Here!! Sending HUGE Hugs, & Kisses :(:ohyeah:

I am thankful for the strong female role models I have had in my family ~ beginning with my Great-grandmother who immigrated from Norway in the late 1800's, raised 5 wonderful girls ~ the oldest one was my beloved Grandma, who then raised the best mother anyone could ask for ~ my wonderful Mom, who I love more than words could say, who then raised 3 pretty normal kids on her own under some very difficult circumstances.

When things seem at their very worst, I try to remember how these marvelous women in my life rose above their trials and tribulations and it helps me to remember that I come from some pretty tough stock and that family is the single-most important thing in life.

Every day I am thankful for the gift of life and for the opportunity to pay things forward. Then I am thankful for the gift of love and all my wonderful families, including the one here at Greenleaf.

Thankful for health, and enough $ to pay bills-- without worry.

Thankful my husband, and sons have jobs they like.

Thankful to be able to support American Indians & many animal group charities.

Thankful for most of my family, and terrific friends to gripe to about family who are not so great.

Grateful my sister survived her breast cancer treatment and is doing well.

Grateful for special pets, my horse, dog and cat- all rescues; they give me much more than the loving home I've given them.

Appreciation for all the super nice Doll House Forum members!

What a nice idea [as Thanksgiving approaches] to give us a Forum to list the blessings we have!

Happy Halloween everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving (around the corner).....

Wow, I just saw this...and I agree. I too am very thankful for the life I have and all

the pets that live with me,-and my friends and relatives.I try to remember to pass along the positive when I can and try to learn something new most everyday.Being a member here has added much enjoyment to my life and I continue to be thankful that I found

this site! An early Happy Thanksgiving to all!! :p

Today I am Thankful for my feet! Seriously, when you think about it they are really amazing. They hold me up and keep me balanced, I can dance because of them, I can walk & Run with my kids because of them. I can jump and most of all can be independent and have the freedom to do things on my own because of them. Without them, there are so many things I would not be able to do.

Please keep posting to help us all reflect on the good things going on it our lives!

I am thankful for this post for helping me to stop a think for a second about whats good instead of being a negative Nellie! So I am thankful for my hands without which I could not build my houses or do anything else for that matter. I am thankful that it's beautiful outside and that my daughter and I both woke up this morning without the alarm and she got to school on time. I am thankful that I will see my friends tomorrow night and be able to spend a nice weekend out with them. Oh and a big one here I am thankful that my husband keeps getting work even though its not alot like we are used to he has enough steady work that he has not had to lay off another employee.

I am thankful to still be alive and for being surrounded by my family and friends...and I'm so glad I have the Lord to put my worries in his hands...Tracy thank you for starting this topic...it brings tears to my eyes cause I almost died in July but I still have a purpose in life and here on earth...so I'm thankful for every sec of each day...

Ohhh Peachie!! Honey I did not know you were going through anything like that!! I'm Thankful that you made it through it all!

I'm Thankful for my having such a beautiful day outside today. The air was cold but the sun was out and even though it was cold, I was Thankful to have the chance to experience the change in weather. You can not appreciate warmth if you never experienced the cold.

I'm thankful for the beautiful world we live in and for the opportunity each day to bring a happy moment to someone else's life. One of my friends shared with me this past weekend that the reason she enjoys going paddling with me is because the whole time I'm on the water I'm grinning ear-to-ear and it makes her happy! But how can one NOT be happy when you're sitting in the water seeing all the gorgeous trees and plants and animals, especially in all the glorious colors of Fall?

I pray everyday, and there are just too many things I'm thankful for to list just one here. Definitely health, happiness and that of my family members, first of all, and all the good things that have come my way. I'm thankful that I can lift myself up if I fall down so to speak, and realize that no matter how tough my trials or pains are at times, there's always someone out there who is living with worst problems or has survived bigger tribulations. I'm thankful that I can remind myself of that and suck it up, and keep on going. I'm just thankful in general for being alive and here today. I'm also thankful for this forum. You're a wonderful bunch.

Hmmm.....Eve beforeThanksgiving and this really made me think about the past year.

I am thankful for my 3 healthy adult children and the choices thay have made in their lives.

I had my 25th Anniversary this year I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man. (By the way , the Myrtle Beach Grande Shores Resort was great!)

Unfortunately my hubby was layed off this year and it actually was a blessing. We had been renting a delapidated home for 13 years and trying to save to purchase a home. After the layoff we found the home of our dreams and timidly applied for a home loan. Due to the layoff we qualified to purchase a foreclosed home with absolutley no money down. We wouldn't have qualified for the loan before the layoff due to income restrictions.

I hate my job, which is in metal fabrication, but at the same time I have to be thankful because I know what the temporarys we hire are going through. My job is very secure and I know I should be thankful.

I have heat, food, clothes, a job, and a bed. I can't believe their are starving children in the U.S. I am not rich and I do remember when I only had Veg-all to feed my children. ( do they still make Veg-all?) I hope every one has a very thankful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

The kids and I sat down yesterday and wrote out lists of all the things we are thankful for - it was quite interesting to see. God's love, care and safekeeping for us in these unsettled times was tops on the list. Family definitely came in at the top too. The kids listed some of their toys and activities and such and so did I (my woodworking shop, sewing/crafts and art studio are my lifeline at times).

We are truly blessed with so many "things" but the best blessings are the intangible ones !!

Thanks be to God for all His blessings !!

I am thankful for life.. for that I would not be here..

I am thankful for my mom and dad as I am lucky enough to still have them with me and enjoy their company..

I am thankful for my two brothers even though we are not as close as I would like, we are still close and love each other..

I am thankful for my job and thankful that I love it!

I am thankful that my critters choose me as their pet..

I am thankful for all food that I get to eat as so many go without it..

I am thankful for the internet cause if we didn't have it I would never meet you all and I think about each of you daily and

worry over you when you are sick or go without posting for a long period of time..

I am thankful that my health problems are behind me now and I am able to be pain free..

I am thankful for Emergency workers/armed forces/dispatchers/police officers/firefighters that let me live my life to the fullest by keeping me safe and sound and they never ask for a thank you but today you get a BIG one! THANK YOU!!

Thanks to Dean for having this forum and letting us hang out in his world..

and the most important thank you goes to GOD for being in my life even when I feel like I am not the

best Christian I should be but he loves me reguardless...

• 2 years later...

I know this may sound like a dull cliché, but I am truly thankful for my health.

I have been around family members who have not been well at different times in my life. Cancer, back surgery, other sicknesses have stricken loved ones of mine. And I will say this, I have witnessed people experiencing raw true pain. Indescribable pain. And if you have never been in that position, you can never know how it is. I don’t know from personal experience, but I have seen it. Sorry, don’t mean to get negative, but I think of this and say, "Thank you Lord God for my health today"! One day I was just driving down the road and realized, I am sitting in this car and I have no back pain. I am not on any meds. I am well. So grateful.

It's so nice to see this this topic brought back up, especially just a few weeks from Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for so many things.

My husband, my kids and my pets - all of whom keep me sane and happy. And my friends, who do the same.

My health, which is good overall.

Just having the basics - electricity, water, heat and a roof over my head, which so many, especially this past week, have had to do without.

And miniatures, which make me smile. I am very grateful to have this hobby, the free time to work on it and the friends it has brought into my life.

I used to keep a gratitude journal, but somehow got away from it. I think I will find it and start writing in it daily again. It is such a great attitude adjuster for me.

It's so nice to see this this topic brought back up, especially just a few weeks from Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for so many things.

My husband, my kids and my pets - all of whom keep me sane and happy. And my friends, who do the same.

My health, which is good overall.

Just having the basics - electricity, water, heat and a roof over my head, which so many, especially this past week, have had to do without.

And miniatures, which make me smile. I am very grateful to have this hobby, the free time to work on it and the friends it has brought into my life.

I used to keep a gratitude journal, but somehow got away from it. I think I will find it and start writing in it daily again. It is such a great attitude adjuster for me.

Very nice post