Winners 2009 Dollhouse Appreciation Month

First off, We would like to say "Thank You" to all of you who participated in this years Dollhouse Appreciation Month Fall fun Contest. We had some Great entries. The Judges have all finally determined the winners. (drum roll :wave: ) They are as follows:

1st Place Winner:

Chris (username what2craftnow) has three wonderful 1/4th scale greenleaf houses she entered.

2173004860037881673S425x425Q85.jpg 2249927520037881673S425x425Q85.jpg 2147022790037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

Her Story is:

I don't really have a story to go with them ~ I just love the vibrant colors of Fall. It seems to me that Mother Nature pulls out all the stops and puts on the most glorious show for us before settling down to the stark contast of Winter. My houses are , of course, Greenleaf 1/4" versions of Sweet Shop and Brimble's from the "town" kit (betcha already knew that! lol) dressed up for the Autumn months (briefly, that is...they will undergo a season change right after you get these pictures...sigh) I only placed the foliage lightly for the contest, then I can do more permanent foliage afterwards, as these will be gifts. At any rate, I thought they were the perfect little places to showcase the beautiful Fall season. Hope you enjoy them!

2nd Place Winner:

Anna ( Username Anna ) has a Great fall scene in front of the Adams kit

2608837500037881673S425x425Q85.jpg 2178037080037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

Here story is:

So this is Jana, the children's book illustrator who resides in Mz Chantilly, who promised to come over and help Viktor rake the leaves in his yrad while he struggled with installing the new stair rails to the top floor as the old had just whithered away. Since Viktor lived out in the country side close to the sea Jana always brought all her furry friends with her, made for an interesting ride in the car to say the least. So while Jana trie dcollecting all those maple leaves, the little fourlegged ones wasn't much help, but when one of her kitties had one of those "eeek" attacks on the leaf basket, enough was enough for Jana who burst out laughing and joing the gang in making a "leaf angle" which was most appreciated by the furry ones as well... The leaves? They aren't hurting no one and Jana has decided that she will call on Viktor to get down and help out building a leaf-man, or rather a leaf-witch, Jana has the hat and a scarf that they can wrap around it and give her a rake instead of a traditional broom. ... For me, fall is one of those wonderful seasons when the nature is really in full blom when it comes to her dress, and raking leaves was one of the most fun and time consuming tasks while we had Trixie our little furbaby, I'd collect them in a nice heap, she would promptl get in the middle of the whole thing and "help out" in her own little way, ie sniffing arond looking for what might be buried underneath them all, which meant it took another round or two until we did get them packed into the compost... I am going to use the fall leaf scene on a tray as a centerpiece on the table this year, so thank you so much for the kick in the you-know-what to get thinking!!! ~ Anna

3rd Place Winner:

Monica ( Username Monica_The_Haunted ) Used the Greenleaf Annie's Lobster Shack for this creation

2401873070037881673S425x425Q85.jpg 2550454660037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

Her Story is:

I decided to make Doreen Valiente's Crypt. She is the the co-founder of Wicca whom we lost in 1999 when she crossed over to the Summerlands. Inside, you will find a portrait of Ms. Valiente on the wall. How could I not do a Halloween scene!? I made the Witches Crypt from "Annies Lobster Shack" using stone stencils, paper clay slate roof, paper clay flooring on the inside of the Crypt, and stucco on the walls. The foundation is made from carved foam, toilet paper, and glue, then painted, and covered in all kinds of ground cover. This is my little grave yard scen that will sit next to the Tennyson when she's done :p I could not have a haunted house without a grave yard after all! Happy Hauntings! Monica

The Judges also picked an Honorable Mention:

Also, Teresa ( username Minimadwoman )

Decorated the Greenleaf Arbor Kit & Greenleaf Haunted House Kit

2046103570037881673S425x425Q85.jpg 2080227800037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

When I think of fall I think of decorating with pumpkins, scarecrows, corn stalks and hay bales . . . but what really comes to mind? Memories from childhood of Halloween and candy apples, popcorn balls and pillowcases full of candy! Title: Pippi Goes Halloweening! I used one of the Greenleaf Arbor kits . . . built it and painted it orange. I have it displayed in front of the Greenleaf Haunted House kit that I built a few years ago. I decorated the arbor and placed it to the side of the house and then decorated around everything! Pippi is visiting with Mrs. Claus who has a tray full of Halloween cookies and candy apples . . . I wonder what Pippi will pick? I?d go for the red candy apple myself! LOL!! Pippi is dressed as a pumpkin and has a candy corn treat bag on her arm.

The Honorable mention will receive this as a prize:

post-4-1257994812_thumb.jpg

:p:p Ok, I sure didn't expect to win, but I am sure happy dancin' here! Thank you so much judges!! What a wonderful surprise!!! :wave:

Congratulations to Anna, Monica and Teresa!! Fabulous entries all!!

I think everyone who entered did winner quality work - this forum has such talented miniaturists!!

Congratulations to all the winners! They're all simply gorgeous! Another congratulations goes to EVERYONE who entered the contest. Each and every entry was beautiful, creative and a pure delight to see. Our poor judges nearly had nervous breakdowns trying to make a decision because every entry was great.

Most of all, thank you to everyone who entered for providing us all with such fun and delightful eye candy. Tracy and I hope that you all had a good time being a part of the contest and creating your entry. If you got that "mini rush" that put a smile on your face while you were creating, then you're a real winner! That's what mini-ing is all about!

Hugs to all!

Deb

Ohhhhh, :jump1: now wow, doing a really, really :roflmao: happy dance, I had to go back and re-read a few times prior to actually understand it.... :wub:

Congratulations Chris, Monica and Teresa as well!!!

THANK you so much for pulling this together Deb and Tracy, it was such a great fun creating process with this. And those silk leaves sure have brightened my mood and I now have the start of a leaf-witch... ;)

HUGS and thanks again!!!

.......Almost forgot....When's the next contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao:

LOL!

I don't think there will b another one til Spring Fling!

It would be awsome to have more though would'nt it!?

I loved all of the entries for this one though. Everyone did a spectacular job!

Big thanks to Deb and Tracy for giving this one to us!

Oh, BTW, I did not get an email that I won. Can you send me one Tracy?

Hugs,

monica

OMG!! What a wonderful surprise! I was up against some tough competition so I really appreciate receiving an 'honorable mention'! Thank you, thank you!! I have the perfect place for that chair . . . in Reginauld's room! He's gonna love it!

Wow, the other entries are fabulous! What imaginations and creative talent we have here on the forum. I love everything, but that little lady rolling around in the leaves is a hoot! Well done Anna!!

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners and to everyone who entered . . . we had fun didn't we?!! LOL!!

Thanks again Tracy and Deb for making the forum a fun place to be!! Hugs!!

I Just added the Pictures in a Gallery. you can see it here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=3613

They are not in order because I used the Bulk upload :roflmao: I am still working on it but wanted to get the shot up. Again Congratulations to everyone! I am working on something fun to do for the Winter Months. Maybe we will have some small winter projects. It won't be a Contest but a place to keep us busy during the Winter months so we won't be so blue :jump1: Hugs to everyone and Thanks again so much for Participating!!

• 3 weeks later...