Our new family member

Sherry

This is Abby. We have been discussing the possibility of getting a kitten, since our 17 yr old passed away a few years ago. So on the way to Office Depot, we noticed it was adoption day for the Humane Society at Petsmart. We went in to just take a look, and came home with Abby! She's ten weeks old, a tortoiseshell. Her face is divided almost in half, one side orange and the other white.

We are learning to play nice with the two shih-tsus right now...

gallery_3692_2557_51711.jpg

You can tell she has found a safe spot already.

gallery_3692_2557_27652.jpg

Our 2 yr old granddaughter had to come over to see her, and it was so funny! Abby got under the easy chair and Kolbi was down on the floor with her arm under the chair hollering, 'love you kitty, come out kitty'! And the cat actually came out and let Kolbi pet her a second, so she was thrilled. I think she's going to get along with the dogs and kids ok!

We almost adopted a new kitten at Pet Smart Saturday as well but here in Savannah they wanted $90 for the 6 week old kitten and that only included spaying. It was confusing because the sign said it would include shots and spaying but when we went to adopt her they said not that was if you bought it from them however, they let other people bring their's so it only included spaying not shots because we were buying it from someone else they had there. Bill was ticked off big time. He let them know that was false advertising and what difference did it make, this kitten would have had a great home. But I agreed with him, $90 for a kitten for just spaying was too much. I can get a kitten for free just about anywhere and pay 60 at my vet for spaying. So I decided to wait until after the holidays to get another one. We have 2 cats and a dog currently but I want another kitten.

I saw Abby's picture in your gallery album yesterday...what a cutie! I'm very fond of

Calicos and Torties....used to have a wonderful kitty named Piewacket!! All of our

pets(1-Greyhounds and 3-cats) are rescues..and they are wonderful pets!

Good Luck with Abby! :)

Actually, buying one from the Humane Society is a good deal, here. The 89 dollars covers all shots, spaying, a microchip. she's had two sets of shots, but they have a wellness clinic every Tuesday night, so we can take her there and get the last set of shots free. spaying a female cat here runs about 70-100 dollars, so it would have cost a lot more to get a kitten from a neighbor and pay for all that stuff ourselves.

She is adjusting very well. DH said when he came home, he kinda looked around for a limp body that the dogs had gotten, and found her curled up asleep in his chair! She is a real lap cat. She slept in his lap for about an hour and when he finally had to get up, she moved to mine, and found her way into the bed sometime during the night to attack DH's feet every time he moved before finally getting up by our heads and going to sleep. She's the most laid back cat I think I've ever had. Of course, the bed is getting crowded!

Lol, she's a cutie with loads of personality, but she's also a pill! About 4am, I felt something in my ear. Directly, that something started purring-in my ear! It was her tiny little head. this was followed by kneading my hair along with more purring. Come to find out she'd woken DH several times during the night biting his toes and kneading his adam's apple! She's going to be a handful, i think!

Ohhhhhhh I saw her pic in your album and didnt see this thread! What a cute kittie! I had a tortoise shell kitty when I was a kid...her name was pansey because of her markings on her face. Give that new baby a pet for me! Meow...Goofy says Hi Abby!

She's pretty entertaining. She has the two dogs buffaloed right now, they are giving her a wide berth. She is definitely a people cat, has to be in someone's lap all the time, or she's up here on the bar with me and trying to sit on the laptop keyboard. I woke up one morning and discovered I had done a search for 'eeeeeeeeeeeer'. No results found, by the way!