HI! Newbie working on the Newport!

minifan

Hi,

I posted in the New Members topics, but also wanted to come over here and introduce myself to the RGT forum! I am working on a Newport in the MDF finish. I will also be adding the 2 story additions, (one on each side actually).

I started building it for my daughter, but pretty much in reality for myself, (she's only 5 1/2 months old!!! :)

I recently lost my job due to the current economy and thought what a better way to spend my free time, (my husband has opted for me to become a stay-at-home mommy at least until I find another job!!!) So I'm home with baby and working on our dollhouse.

I have a great space in my finished basement, I have an old dining room table that I've been using as a scrapbook table, that has become my new workshop, which it's great, baby plays, while I "play"!!! :)

So anyways, I just wanted to say hi!

Welcome to the forum. This is a great hobby to have and on this forum you can learn neat ways to do this and not spend a fortune while doing it. That takes some self control sometimes but it can be done! I also have the Newport but I have not built mine yet, it is waiting it's turn along with a whole list of others. I do love the style of the house it's so pretty. Can't wait to see pictures of yours. :)

• 9 years later...