Please help, I need talking through this

Gill Howe

I'm so sorry for your loss. Although I don't know you personally, I can say with all truthfulness that I am deeply saddened for you and can only pray that God will strengthen you and give you the courage to go on. Love your son as if he is present. He is absent today, but one day you will see him again.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:3-4 It seems that both you and your son are covered in these words of Jesus. God Bless. Chaplain and Mrs. Denley (Sue)

i'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. <sends a hug>

Agree with everyone's advice about allowing time to do its healing. You'll know when you're ready. Am sure it sounds odd right now, but time will help heal things.

My heart goes out to you. My nephew was killed by a drunk driver at the age of 16. I'm praying that all the good thoughts and kind words from the wonderful people of this forum will help in the healing process. ((((big hugs)))

My most heartfelt sympathy to you Gill, and to your family. What a devastating shock and loss. As a parent, I know too well the absolute love we have for our children - the grief and sorrow of losing a child must be almost unbearable. I hope that your family is close, and that you can draw strength from each other in this saddest of times. While I don't believe in the saying that Time heals all wounds ... I do think that with time, you learn to handle even the heaviest of burdens.

I'm glad that you let us know what you're going through - this forum family has a special way of connecting with each other that can truly help. A warm, tender hug for all of you.

I am so sorry for your loss, Gill. I lost my oldest daughter at age 16 (illness) and there is just nothing easy about it.

If you're like me, and probably most of us here on the forum, working on miniatures is theraputic. I think I like the previous advice to just shut the door on that room for awhile and let time begin its healing process. It will still be there when you're stronger.

And then I would get involved in a new mini project, something to take my focus away from the current pain.

My prayers are with you . . .