On the road again ...

KathieB

We'll be rolling over the holidays ... the week before Christmas in Houston, the following week in New Orleans. Would love to meet any forum members along the way.

We'll be in Tulsa Dec 19-21, stop at Through the Keyhole (my favorite dollhouse shop) in Dallas on the 21st, then in Sugar Land until the 26th. On the 27th we'll drive to Lafayette for a quick stop, then on to New Orleans. Will leave there on New Year's day to drive home via Jackson, MS, and Memphis, stopping for the night somewhere near Memphis, thus completing a big loop.

Ooh, sounds fun! (and busy!!) Is the 16 year old coming with you? (read in another thread that she's not going to her older half sis)

I so can't wait for retirement or at least very part time work :p Gotta work and save first though :banana:

...I so can't wait for retirement or at least very part time work :p Gotta work and save first though :banana:
And have a family, if you wish, and it is SO worth it! One of our mottos all the years we worked was: "all things come to he who waiteth, provided he worketh like he** while he waiteth."

Kathie, we'll be paddling somewhere New Year's Day; one of the more fun things our club does is bring a "gourmet" pot luck lunch and paddle to somewhere pretty to spread it out and pig out, and then burn a little of it off paddling to the take-out. I'll wave like mad whilst we drive to wherever it is we'll be paddling!

Small world. Both my wife and my boss are from Sugar Land. We are planning to take a roadtrip there and to Austin next May for her youngest sister's college graduation. I rode the motorcycle out there from Florida in '07.

Have a safe trip.

Austin is beautiful, Jeremy. Well worth the trip, I miss a lot of things about living there. On the other hand, I hate, hate Houston-not the city itself, just the streets and highways and the airport! On the other hand, there are some great things to see and do there...if I don't have to do the driving!

Terri, that sounds like fun. But unfortunately the trip has been cancelled due to L's lingering after effects of his tooth extractions. :)

But next time we head that way, I'll let you know!

AAAAOW, phooey. Would have LOVED to meet you. Reason I was saying NW FW is that I am about as far from Dallas as you can get and still be in FW.

Hope L is doing better soon. DH had 4 teeth pulled earlier this year and a temporary bridge in place for 3 months. Not fun. For him or me.