Um...Can you say snow?

minifan

So I live in MA and it's pretty much a given each year that you will have at least one big snow storm...when and how much you never know, but you will get one...and BOY are we going to get one!!!

This is the first year though that I won't actually have to leave the house during it!!! Last year I was pregnant and my husband would plow for a neighboring city, so I was ALWAYS buried in and still had to get dressed to take our dog out and travel back and forth to work in it...one time I ordered pizza from Papa Gino's and I went outside with my big belly showing...the delivery guy walked up the driveway(in 2ft of snow!) in his sneakers...he said, "You need this more than I need dry sneakers", needless to say he got a nice tip!!! :p

This year, my hubby stopped plowing, so he will be home to keep our driveway clean and take our dog out...and because of the economy I'm not working anymore so no more travel!!! :(

But...will our power go out? How much snow will we get? WHO KNOWS!!! :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just started to really snow here in Southeastern CT (i am near the RI border). The house shudders a little bit when the wind whips threw.

I will take pictures from the safety of the swept off porch tomorrow and i will share. I have to stay inside.

I cannot risk falling down.

Supposed to be in the forties by Christmas Eve so all of this will be a memory!

I heard today that most deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning occur because people run gas generators indoors. Now, I know no one here would be that foolish, but please be vigilant about your neighbors' activities during a power outage.

And don't try to use that charcoal grill or hibachi indoors, either! Same reason....

This is sooooo odd - this time the last two years we had several feet of snow, with most of it melting off all at once right around Christmas last year, flooding folks out of their homes and ruining the roads. This year we had a foot of snow last week and the last couple of days all it's done is drip-drip-drip-WHUMP! as it melts and is falling off the roofs in clumps. Very strange.....It's beginning to look like we might not have a white Christmas at all this year.

*sings* "Walking in a Winter Wonderland..."

In PA, we got more snow than predicted. I went out and measured and it was about 10 inches...much more than the forcasted 4 inches we were supposed to get. I didn't even attempt to go anywhere today and the car is still covered in snow. I think it's supposed to stop by morning. Hopefully, the sun will come out and melt some of the snow.

Thank goodness I got the majority of Christmas shopping done, and what I have left really isn't essential.

The bright side is that it is quite beautiful. I went out with the dog and seeing the woods covered up with snow is breathtaking. It always brings to mind my one of my favorite poems "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.

I cannot open the front screen door. It has a bank of snow in front of it. It is still snowing. There has got to be at least 7-8 inches out there so far. It is supposed to snow until this afternoon. Just lovely!

When it gets lighter out, I will take another picture.

I wish we were getting that much snow here - DH is plowing this year, and the money sure would come in handy. I know it's a pain for those who do not like it much, but it sure is pretty to look at.

Forcasters say we are suppose to get some snow Christmas Eve :)

To all of you who are gettin' "walloped" - stay home if you can, and be careful if you have to venture out.

I got a couple more pics. I swept off the front porch. That is all I am doing. The kids will shovel the rest.

Here is the Jeep and the neighboring street. It is fuzzy because it is still snowing.

Here are my front steps down from the porch. I sent that pic to Fred from my cellphone to his..he said a swear word. ROFL He knows what that pic means. Lots of snow!

It is still coming down as of 7am. Supposed to be like this till this afternoon.

Hey Greg, you lucked out!

In Southern NH we are only getting 4-7 inches. That's more than enough for me. I am glad I don't live on Cape Cod (MA) because they are getting walloped. Personally, I'd be happy if I had one snowstorm all year & the rest fell only in the ski areas. But as long as I have my power and don't have to travel, I can deal. In fact, it makes me feel like baking, or dh'ing...

Derbyshire UK - We have some too, only about 2" but it is unusual at Christmas. I can't remember the last white Christmas. It doesn't take much to grind UK to a halt though, we don't seem to be as well prepared as you guys.

14 inches of snow here.

Do you want to know what I think is one the nastiest things a person can do? To park in a spot someone else has shovled!

My neighbors lovely Dd has parked in Freds spot. I paid to have it shoveled out. Fred is gonna blast them if they are still parked there when he gets home in an hour.

Never do that. No matter how desperate for a spot you are. It is just wrong.

I got 6 inches, which is a bit less than they were forecasting. Of course, I'm on this mountain, so I had to wait until Saturday for some kind soul to come and plow my road... I left work at 10a on Friday after receiving frantic text messages from 3 different people telling me that if I wanted to get on my mountain I'd best get myself home (I don't have 4 wheel drive or front wheel drive), so I left work and came home. Finally made it out of the house today.

post-6-1261348804_thumb.jpgpost-6-1261348847_thumb.jpg[att

achment=26676:IMG_0564_121909.jpg]

post-6-1261348885_thumb.jpg