Um...Can you say snow?

minifan

Since you're talking temperatures, it's 14 at my house, and 3 in the next town further inland.

It's funny, if you're walking towards the beach from my house, all of a sudden, as you're walking along, you'll feel it get a bit warmer. The cold stretches in bands. My daughter always remarked that it was markedly warmer in our neighborhood than the high school, only a 10 minute drive away.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had torrential downpours yesterday as the cold front moved through. It was warm..like in the 50s. The rain was hitting the back doors. That like has never happened. No flood in the basement.

The sun is shining today. It is still warm so it will be a nice day to take that mile walk of ours.

Chicken quesadillas are good and simple. I roast chicken breasts (on the bone), until almost done. Let them cool. Then shred/slice the chicken. Put in frypan and season with cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add about a 1/4 cup of water (kinda like when you make tacos). Cook until coated and water is evaporated. I could add more things but we like them simple.

Then I put burrito sized toritillas on flat fry pan. Put cheese, chicken, cheese and fold over in half. Flip and then flip. Usually has a bit of browning on each side but not alot. The top is crispy and the inside is hot and cheesy.

I printed off the chicken with sun-dried tomatoes from the Campbell's Soup site and have yet to make it exactly as is, but so far even with my adjustments for the ingrdients I have on hand, it's good.

Hey Daphne,

Are you okay weather wise? My friend is visiting her Mom in Gloucester, VA and they are getting walloped with that big snow storm down there.

It is soooooo cold here in the Northeast. It is 8 degs this morning but feels like minus 10. That is what it was like all day yesterday. Oil delivery sometime today. I hope it is in the morning.

It is going to be in the 20s for the weekend and then *warm up* to the 30s..Dang January Thaw! Gave me hope! LOL

Hope everyone in the south and south midwest are doing okay - sure looked like y'all got some truly terrible weather there.

Here, where we usually get several feet of snow, there's just a few patches of melting/freezing/melting leftover snow from a while back, and it rained all last night. Was snowing a little while ago, but just sloppy wet stuff that's already turned to rain again. Temps are ranging from around freezing overnight to low 40's during the day - still no real winter here. :congrats:

With the storms and cold hitting the East Coast and Southland, we feel as if we're in a near subtropical climate by comparison. It's 32 at 5 pm and not a snowflake in sight.

My friend is still at her Mom`s house in Virginia. They got 8 inches of snow and they live near the coast!! She said the plows have not even gone thru yet. She is used to New England snow storms. Our plow drivers catch the flakes before they hit the ground..ROFL

Still cold here. Not as bad as it was though. This cold I can tolerate without complaint. It is the one that induces frost bite..that kind I dont like.

Snow started here at work and at home at 4pm on Friday. Saturday morning I had 9 inches of the stuff. It's beautiful, but I couldn't get off the mountain. Sunday morning I woke up, cut on the coffee maker, and looked out the window at the thermometer hanging on my front porch. Couldn't see it. Opened the front door and still couldn't see it good. Went outside and looked at it. Walked back in the door, shut it and locked it. Freakin ZERO degrees on my front porch on Sunday morning. Couldn't get off the mountain until 3:30p on Monday. Now they're calling for more of it on Friday. Really gettin tired of it......

It snowed here overnight. Probably about an inch or so. Not alot but enough to make driving a pain in the you know what this morning. School is delayed so Nat can sleep in for a bit.

Dang Groundhog!

If he sees his shadow..6 more weeks of winter

If he doesnt see his shadow..early spring.

But that really doesn't matter to me. Here, if the groundhog says six more weeks of winter, we can celebrate because that is an early spring! We've had some snow as late as mid-April, and often until the end of March, and I know that Wolfie has had snow into at least the end of May. Guess your perspective on it just depends on where you live.

It's said by old timers that winter here in Roslyn lasts from October THROUGH May, and our last two winters have followed that rule. I know there was snow still on the ground well into May last year....much more than there is on the ground right now! So if the groundhog says 6 more weeks of winter, that's a bonus for us here, too!

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful..."

We're getting pounded in PA. We're supposed to get 10"-12" by tomorrow. I work in a preschool/daycare and we closed early and the area school district closed early. It's coming down in large flakes steadily. I did slide in a few places going home from work, so the roads are not good right now. We knew we were getting it, but it rained first so we didn't think we were going to get as much as they were forcasting. Looks like we're going to get more. I'm not going anywhere this weekend. I have bread, milk, and food so I don't need to leave. I did have to go to the store today non-storm related and it was a mad house! Now, we get snow regularly in PA, it's not an unusual thing, but everyone always flocks to the store for bread and milk when the word snow is mentioned. The local gas station even ran out of gas. We'll see tomorrow when I wake up how much Mother Nature actually decided dump on us.

Got this from my daughter in Philadelphia this morning

IMG00064-20100206-10591-Copy.jpg

It's just the opposite here in Maine, we have very little snow right now. I wish I had sent my sister those snowpants for her son, but she had said she didn't want them because they never get much snow anymore.

I am sorry you all are getting pummeled again Roxxie. My part of CT is not getting any snow at all. The skies have been threatening but not a flake all day.

That is good. I am not in the mood to brush off the cars again!