Um...Can you say snow?

minifan

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippey; We got tons of snow too!! I stayed in all day on Friday, Saturday, and today! And, I'm hoping the government is CLOSED on tomorrow because I want just one more day to work on my minis!!! (Those who say they have cabin fever are obviously not miniaturists!!!)

The news said this is the 5th worse snow storm the DC area has seen to date. Normally, I don't like snow. But, since I've been building dollhouses, I LOVE IT!!! Especially when everything shuts down and I don't have to go anywhere!!!

post-3899-1265557678_thumb.jpg

We're getting pounded here, but it's rain.

One day I'll be saying that, cuz I too will be living in the beautiful state of Florida!! (I'm so jealous Holly!!!) Aside from "mini-ing" I want to be able to ride my motorcycle ALL YEAR long!!!

I was in DC sometime during the Johnson administration when there was a snowfall of about 18-20". The city was paralyzed but it was great for tourists to walk around oohing and aaahing the monuments in the snow. There were a couple of workers busy shoveling the sidewalk in front of the White House by hand. They did their best to convince us that if we were to take a turn we could brag to our grandchildren that we once shoveled the President's sidewalk. We didn't bite, and life has turned out well anyway. :p

And here in the Puget Sound area we have sunshine. We just finished setting a record for the warmest January ever and we're supposed to hit a record 60° sometime this week. I'm not bragging - I love snow and I would gladly trade this weather for a big snowstorm.

Dangit!!!

We were missed with this last storm that barreled thru this weekend but now there is another snow storm coming on Wednesday. It is going to be in the 40s tomorrow so maybe it will be too warm! Let us hope!

I'm enjoying the sunshine from indoors, since it's in the 40s for the day's high temp (probably warm to y'all up North!); it'll warm up for the weekend because the forecast is for more RAIN! I washed throw rugs this AM so I could spread them on the back porch to dry.

It is gonna snow snow snow.

There will definitely be no school tomorrow and probably no school on Thursday. I am going to go to the grocery store and pick up some goodies for us being stranded in the house.

The storms wreaking havoc on the east coast passed through here over the past few days leaving no more than 2-3" of snow. I'm sorry for the folks who are suffering the brunt of the storms.

Our state is expecting 12 to 18 inches. 18 inches in my area. Blizzard like conditions. Fred has to work..I am thinking of hiding the car keys. LOL

I have two small oven roasters cooking. He wants to make a big pot of chicken soup. We have italian bread too. I bought ingredients to make a streusel also. Nice apple one! Yummy!

Let us hope Fred`s job calls and gives him the emergency PTO he asked for.

I'm thinking a smothered pork steak for supper tonight. It has been beautiful and COLD all day.

We have eye appointments tomorrow, in the RAIN!. but at least it might be warmer. I have purged my cupboard and have four bags of dinnerware we're taking to one of the charity thrift stores afterwards.

He is home. It is still snowing. Going to snow until tomorrow morning. So there will probably not be any school then either.

Fred has a big pot of chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove. It smells good.

Oh. the snow is wonderful. It is perfect snowball snow. I am trying to get the kids to go out later and build a snowman.

Believe it or not we actually got 4 in. of snow..school was called off.But Dallas re-

cieved 12+ in.of the "fluffy stuff"!Our snow is already melting as I write and will be gone

probably by this afternoon.So different from CT.But I did get to see the trees covered once again-sooooo pretty!! :welcome: