Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland Movie

Monica_the_haunted

I would love to see that, I've always been a fan of the Cheshire cat! I can still repeat most of the poems out of the book, after all these years. Shows what kind of selective memory I have; I can't remember when all the kids' and grands' birthdays are; I have to write those down, but can still remember' The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things', etc, etc!

Looking forward to seeing this film, the combination of Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter makes for a magical production. I'm with you Monica, love Depp in most of his films, the only one I wasn't too keen on was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. My favourites are Don Juan De Marco and Benny and Joon - both oldies but goodies.

I have a very old book of Alice and Wonderland that my great aunt gave me. It sits in my daughters room on the shelves that hold the collectible things. I can pull it down tomorrow and see what I can find for you

"Twas brillig and the slithey toves

did gyre and gimbol in the wabe.

Anyone remember Terry Gilliam's "Jabberwock"? Either Alan Rickman or Ben Kingsley has the perfect voice for the Caterpillar: "One side will make you small..."

HAHAHA...have you seen my avatar...Johnny Depp in this movie will be FABULOUS!!! I've been waiting for this since May '08...I thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was great though, it's sick and twisted, just the way that I want to see Johnny play...I love his line in this film..."Alice, you're very late..."

CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

I have my childhood copy of it, also. When I was in elementary school and had to memorize poems, I often did something from Alice. i can also quote most of what I won't eat green eggs and ham with, from reading it to pre-K students and my own kids so often. I just have a weird memory.

im very excited for the movie. have any of you seen the hallmark movie with whoopie goldberg as the cheshire cat? i love that one and of course the disney one. when i was little i used to watch a show on disney channel called adventures in wonderland too.

Oh Oh oh....I thought I was the only Alan Rickman fan. Ever since I saw him in "Sense and Sensibility" I have thought he is awesome.

Heck no Sherr! You are not the only one. He has a large fan base of drooling, swooning chickie's running around after him :lol: *sigh*

im very excited for the movie. have any of you seen the hallmark movie with whoopie goldberg as the cheshire cat? i love that one and of course the disney one. when i was little i used to watch a show on disney channel called adventures in wonderland too.

I haven't see that one yet but would'nt Whoopie make the perfect Cheshire cat?!

• 4 weeks later...

I was really looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, especially after they said it was going to be a more faithful representation of the book. But I ended up hating it. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was one of my favorite books from childhood. I can't tell you the amount of times I've read it, but Johnny just didn't capture Willy Wonka in that one. All I kept thinking about was a twisted Michael Jackson impersonator.

I remember a version of Alice and Wonderland from the mid 80s that was a mini-series with all kinds of movie and tv stars in it. A few years ago, I bought it on dvd but then my neice took it and I've never seen it again. I didn't even get to watch it. I remembered it because it was taped off of tv and we played that tape repeatedly. I'll have to ask her if she still has it.

A few years ago, I watched the Disney version for the first time. Let's just say I'm glad I never got to see it as child because I would have had nightmares for years afterward. It's kind of freaky. But the the story is anyway. I also remember studying it in high school. I vaguely remembering that that book and Gulliver's Travels were written as criticisms against the British government.