Susan Boyle's new album . . .

Rhonda from the Bluegrass

I received the new Susan Boyle CD ("I Dreamed a Dream") for Christmas and I just can't stop listening to it. I knew she had a wonderful voice when I saw her on Britain's Got Talent, but honestly . . . this album really showcases her incredible vocal range. While I truly love each and every song, my favorite is "Who I was Born to Be". I'm just curious what you all think about this incredible album. I immediately loaded mine onto my MP3 so that I can listen to it at work.

My dad's girlfriend wants to get it. I'll borrow it when she does. I don't buy music often, but when I do I go obsessive and listen to just it repeatedly. I listened to the Alison Krauss/Robert Plant cd for a year before moving on to something else. I do listen to other things, but when I find something I love my repeat button gets worn out.

My new obession is the Glee sountrack. I'm in total obessive love with this show. The soundtrack and DVD are the only things getting me through until it returns in April.

I just told Lloyd what he can get me for my birthday and where to get it. I love surprises, but he'd rather be directed, so I go with the flow and get what I want. :lol:

I got her cd the day it came out! had to get it for Wild Horses, as her version is haunting and lovely. although i do like most of the songs on the cd i think they missed the boat! there are so many other songs that could have really showcased her voice better. hope i don't offend anyone, but seriously, there are some awesome songs out there that would have really gone well with her voice. of the whole cd, there are 3 or 4 that i really like and the rest are "okay"...just my personal opinion. not that she didn't do well with all the songs, i just think there could have been better choices. my favorites are wild horses, i dreamed a dream, you'll see and cry me a river. What a great success story!

not that she didn't do well with all the songs, i just think there could have been better choices.

Ah, but now they have you looking for the next album. :lol:

Yep. We listened to it while putting up the Christmas decorations. I agree thoo, Marg, there were some song choices I didn't quite think worked for her. Still....she's proof you don't have to fit a mold to be a superstar in the music industry. Hats off to Susan Boyle.

Thanks to you all for your answers. I am listening to it right now . . . I love the fact that she is able to take hits made famous by the Monkees, Madonna, so on and so forth and make them her own. I LOVE her bluesy rendition of Cry Me a River. Having said that, I still love "Who I was Born to Be" the most of all. It is so beautiful that it gives me goosebumps. Also, in response to those of you who mentioned she could have utilized other songs to showcase her amazing talent, I am right on board with you: I think we have LOTS more to see from her, and I am pretty sure we'll all be amazed by her continued range in styles. I think that is great since we all have individual tastes in music. I'll be in line for her next album the minute it is available! She is a fantastic complement to my already favorite artisans: Il Divo (love EVERYTHING they do!!!) and Josh Groban. Yeah, music!

Thanks to you all for your answers. I am listening to it right now . . . I love the fact that she is able to take hits made famous by the Monkees, Madonna, so on and so forth and make them her own. I LOVE her bluesy rendition of Cry Me a River. Having said that, I still love "Who I was Born to Be" the most of all. It is so beautiful that it gives me goosebumps. Also, in response to those of you who mentioned she could have utilized other songs to showcase her amazing talent, I am right on board with you: I think we have LOTS more to see from her, and I am pretty sure we'll all be amazed by her continued range in styles. I think that is great since we all have individual tastes in music. I'll be in line for her next album the minute it is available! She is a fantastic complement to my already favorite artisans: Il Divo (love EVERYTHING they do!!!) and Josh Groban. Yeah, music!

I love them all as well. I'm a huge fan of Sarah Brightman and Katherine Jenkins. If you haven't heard their music check them out!

I love them all as well. I'm a huge fan of Sarah Brightman and Katherine Jenkins. If you haven't heard their music check them out!

I don't know Katherine Jenkins (I'll check her out), but I've been a huge Sarah Brightman fan for years & years!

Congrats, Kathie, on getting this great CD! I used a magnifier to read the liner notes. By the way, it sounds like a "Happy Birthday" is in store for you! Have a wonderful day!