hi to everyone

chellebelle

I've been absent for a bit, but I wanted to say hi. Dan was on vacation for several weeks, and hogged the computer, and then later I started having problems with a marked increase in fatigue. I went to the doctor, and the only thing in my bloodwork was a low D3. So I'm to take 50,000 units once a week for 6 weeks, and then once a month for 6 months. Other than that, it seems MS is the cause of my tiredness. So I rest a lot, and Dan reworked my dollhouse workroom by putting in cabinets with a countertop to make a workbench so I could sit while doing minis.

I've been working a little at a time on a garage sale house. The kitchen will have a 50's decor.

Also, we started the wiring on the Tia Bella, or rather Dan did. I couldn't hold onto the brads, so I got to supervise. While he was on vacation we stained the interior trim, and the roof, and primed the walls. I'll post photos when we're farther along.

My daughter is up for a visit, and helping me with today's dinner, we're cooking a corned beef brisket for reubens, and made potato salad last night.

I'll try to pop in here more often, as I hate missing so much fun!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am just putzing about today, taking it easy. I need to rest up for my dollhouse club meeting tomorrow. I'm so excited, we have a wonderful time! There's nothing like a group of miniaturists sharing ideas and tips! What we lack in numbers we make up for in enthusiasm, lol.

Also, we had dinner out Saturday with family. We all met halfway, and enjoyed it very much.

During dinner, my S-I-L Charlotte asked me if it would be possible for me to build another dollhouse for this year's Heart Ball Auction in March. I said yes, but it probably wont be as extreme as last year's or Tabby's, due to lack of time and my health. Even so, I'll do my best, once I figure out what house and style to build. I'm leaning towards another Orchid, as it's such a wonderful kit. besides, after building as many as I have, I can almost do it with my eyes closed! She had an offer from someone else to build a dollhouse for donation, but when she showed them mine from last year, they decided to withdraw the offer. So, I guess I'll have to let the creative juice flow.

(p.s. No, Heidi, it's not new, I was diagnosed more than 10 years ago)

It's so very nice of you to offer, but I'm keeping it pretty simple, so I think I can just use mostly what I have. I won't be furnishing it. I worked on a few plants and bushes today to get a head start until Dan brings the Orchid kit home (hopefully tonight) I must say, I'm feeling a lot of enthusiasm about it, and am chomping at the bit to get started! If I find that I'm not finishing in time, I may poach some landscaping from a few finished houses of mine! And maybe instead of a creek all the way across the front, I may just do a small pond. Dan doesn't know it yet, but he's in charge of paper punching the ivy leaves from the paper I painted, lol. I think I'll cut him some slack, and not use as many as before.