Finished!

sparklepuppies

I have finally fnished my McKinley! And updated the gallery. Yea!! It still needs some accessories, and I'll add those as I come across things. But I'm so excited, and please with how it turned out. Hopefully I'll get it hung on the wall this week, when I get the hanging hardware.

gallery_3297_2612_109894.jpg

There are more pictures in my gallery.

Wow, your McKinley looks awesome! Great job & I love that it has a laundry room (hmm that's got me thinking about my own houses that have no means to do laundry). And isn't it great that the McKinley hangs up on the wall--great way to make space & get more dollhouses in a room!

Congrats. What's your next project?

:) Crystal

Your McKinley looks so lovely. You did a wonderful job on it. The exterior color is very close to the color I used on my McKinley. I love the laundry room. Very creative. As for hanging it, my hubby used wall anchors and screws. It is very stable and secured, which is good since I can't seem to keep my kitten out of it...even hanging on a wall. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

Tracy, your house looks Beautiful!! I Love the color you choose on the outside of the house and I also love the hallway laundry room!! The kitchen is my favorite room..... Okay, I think it's the Bathroom.... Nope, I guess I gottta just say I Really Love your entire house!

Love the tiles in the kitchen! The whole thing is really cute. I have to ask this though. How do you actually hang the house? Are there holes in the back of it, or hanging loops, or what? You sure can't tell from looking at it.

Wow! Thanks everybody! :) Y'all are all so sweet! I had a good time with this project!

I went to Home Depot today to get paint and anchors. Left with lots of paint, but forgot the anchors. :( And yes, when it's up, it will free up that space for another house! And Sherry, yes, there are holes in the back. The wallpaper is still covering them, I haven't cut that out yet. They are right by the floor on the attic level. So they actually will be covered up with furniture anyway.

I'm glad y'all all liked the laundry room. Paula, yours actually gave me the idea! I know it takes away the staircase illusion, but I wasn't using the false wall in the bedroom anyway...

The colors match my dining room, which is where it was going to hang. It may end up going in the living room instead though. I was looking for a deeper gold for the outside, but couldn't quite find it. But I like how it ended up, now it won't blend in with the gold dining room wall if it ends up there!

The Beacon Hill will probably be next. It has been waiting patiently for a year now. I have lots of stuff picked out for it already, and got the exterior paint today. I'm still scared to death of it, I think mostly because I will light it, but I'm sure it will be fine once I start.

Very nice hardly covers it! I have the same question. How do you hang it securily on the wall? I would be scared silly it would fall. I can just see it now with my cat trying to find a way up and in!

I like the laundry area, your colors are really complimentary....:)

Very nice hardly covers it! I have the same question. How do you hang it securily on the wall? I would be scared silly it would fall. I can just see it now with my cat trying to find a way up and in!

I like the laundry area, your colors are really complimentary.... :)

Thanks Roxy and Joane!

The directions say to use hooks to hang it, and put them into studs. I'm sure wall anchors would work just as well, especially if your studs aren't where you want your house to hang. :( Judi said hers is hung with anchors, and I'm glad to hear that because that's what I plan to use.

Funny thing about the colors. Notice the second floor is all green? I'm not a green person. Had no intentions of decorating in green. Hardly anything in my house is green, and since it is to be a wall decoration, I was trying to at least have it match a little. Ha! I'm not sure how so much green managed to get into the house. The living room was supposed to be black with a little red, and there was supposed to be more purple in there. I even had purple bedding already. Funny how the house takes charge...

For all of you who are wondering about hanging the McKinley, the one I have now is hung with the largest heavy duty picture hanging hooks that I could find. I have had it hanging on the wall for over a year with absolutely no problems. The first McKinley that I had years ago hung on the Anchors with the screw heads thru the holes on the back of the Mckinley. The anchors and screws also held well, but if you hang it in a place it can be bumped easily, it could get knocked off of a screw. Don't let fear of hanging stop you from this kit, it is such a fun build and space saving too. It hangs very nicely and the holes are easily covered with furniture and accessories (there are only two holes). I wish there more kits to hang on the walls. :)

Tracy, it's lovely! I had to laugh about the teens moving in ... I can see the whole upstairs becoming a teen dorm. Now you need some adults to ride herd ... :)

Thanks Cathy and Kathie! Kathie, I've been looking for some adults, but haven't found the ones I like yet. I'm still looking though. Funny how the teens find the house with no supervision... :(

I love it! and I love what you did with the little hallway upstairs, a laundry room!! I got the McKinley at Christmas for me and kids (with a gift cert i won)....so can surely appreciate what you did! LOL I couldnt get one of my drawers in the bottom to work...very warped wood...so will have to make some from some birch ply i have...did you have trouble with the drawers fitting? And! I have that exact bathroom set my daughter gave me one year, havent used it yet...love what you did!

Thanks Linda and Julie!

I did have some trouble with the drawers, mainly the right one if I remember correctly. But I don't think mine was warped, I just remember having to sand a LOT off one side. Can you dampen the warped wood and let it sit under heavy things for a couple of days to try and straighten it out? And then use lots of clamps. I needed lots of clamps for those drawers. They just about made me lose my mind. I let the house sit for a couple of months because of those drawers. But once I walked away then came back, they went much better. Can't wait to see more pictures of your McKinley!

LOL well at least i am not the only one who had trouble with those drawers! But i sure do love the idea of them, they have come in handy although not covered with lattice or painted yet! I did try getting the board wet and weighing it down with a table! didnt work....so i figure i have lots of scraps of my plywood for wagons and will just make a new drawer that fits!