Auntie in Double Trouble!

Lynette Smith

They're finally here! :yay: My nephewlets William and Alexander.

I've been babysitting Robbie for 18 months. Now things are going to get tough!

Robbie is now the somewhat ambivalent older brother to identical twin brothers.

William arrived at 4 lbs. 13 ounces, and Alexander came 15 seconds later at 4 lbs 10 ounces. They are both healthy and in need of no special care for being so small. Aileene gave birth by C section, after her blood pressure dropped with the administration of the epidural, causing Alex distress. They are about 5 hours old now.

It took a while to find the car keys so I could take Robbie up to see his brothers (the keys were sitting on the hood of the car from earlier in the day when Robert put in the child seat). So we got up there when they were less than an hour and a half old. They are both tiny, with different but matching hats to make it easy to tell them apart. I tried to put William's hat back on after it popped off - I don't think he likes hats. And Robbie started crying when William cried, something we all hope stops real soon!

I think Robbie is rather nervous about these two creatures :(:) . I'm expecting plenty of ruffled feathers :lol: :pullup: :p:fish: . Yesterday when I watched him, we spent a lot of time snuggling, and got some wet sloppy kisses - either that or he was trying to slobber me to death. Today he spent with his dad, trying to set up the bedroom while labor wasn't very bad, then Uncle Stanley watched him until it was time to go to the hospital.

We examined each of the boys closely for birthmarks or mongolian blue spots (a bluish mark which looks like a bruise common to people of asian heritage, from their maternal grandmother who is Chinese), but found nothing distinctive so far. It's going to be a while til we can figure out any differences to tell them apart :sad?: . They probably won't come home for two or three days, so I'll have to settle for quality time snuggling until then.

William is on the right, Alex is left.

Did I mention they're both as cute as, um, er, bugs ears? :blush:

post-3408-1264579664_thumb.jpg