I'm Baaaaacccckkk...

uppitycats

Yep. Gone too long. But I'm back, I think. When I was last here... 6 months ago!!.. I was madly at work on my Tennyson rehab, rocking along. Had installed wallpaper, was putting in trim and doors, had crafted new windows...

and then...

Well. Started with a creeping then steam-rolling depression which slowed me down. Then the death of a couple of dear friends (not together, mind you) which added to the depression. Then for reasons still unknown, but I have my suspicions! :lol: much of the lovely wallpaper in the Tennyson buckled and bowed!! Yikes!!

So I just threw a sheet over the dollhouse mess, and crawled into a hole, for awhile. Like the last six months :( It didn't help that I had a few health issues, then my husband, then another friend died, then....

well, you don't wanna know all that!! :)

So now, finally, I'm crawling outta my hole, and getting back to work. Stripped out all the offending wallpaper, chiseled out some of the offensive spackle joints (I think when I was doing this the first time -- before the paper buckled -- that I'd put in the spackle joints and the spackle hadn't fully dried before I laid wallpaper..which subsequently buckled...). Took off all the woodwork and molding. The joints have been re-glued and are now drying. New wallpaper has been laid out, the trim cleaned and ready to be re-installed.

And I was recently "gifted" with a whole bunch of old Nutshell News mags. When I'm done going through them I'll offer them to you all here, so keep watching! :p

Glad to be back. I'll never catch up with all the old messages, so just going to start fresh..but let me know if there's anything REALLY crucial I need to know!

Ann, don't know you hardly at all - we passed each other coming and going, I think! I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a bad time, depression can just knock you flat. DO come talk to us here when the darkness starts to close in again - these folks are GOOD for a person's spirits and soul, at least they certainly are for mine!

Welcome back!!

Oh, Ann! I had missed you, figured RL was knocking you around & you'd let us know when you were ready. I'm so sorry to hear about all the losses, especially the hubs. We're so glad to have you back home!

Ann, we don't know each other very well, but I can emphasize somewhat with you,finding my mini hobby was what helped me out of my post-partum depression... "mini"ing can definitely cheer you up...I'm glad that you were able to find your stride back :congrats:

ACCKK> Re-reading my post, I didn't make this clear. My husband did not die! He was (and, for that matter, still is) sick, but very much alive, and was "commissioned" yesterday to help clamp down the roof of the Tennyson

after I pulled it off for the second time. I think it's finally in place, now. And he is his usual grumpy self. :congrats: