A Stone Fireplace for my Jefferson

fireplace_2.jpg

It's still drying. I finished the stones tonight. Hopefully by Friday it will be completely dry so that I can paint the stones & hearth and then stain the bookshelves, trim & mantel.

There is going to be an hurricane oil lamp on the mantel and an 1860's rifle hanging above the fireplace and a braided rag rug in front on the floor with wood stacked beside. And a rocking chair nearby for reading. I haven't decided if they are to have an upraight piano (I know my Great-Great grandparents had one because they gave it to my Grandparents for a wedding present and shipped it all the way from Illinois in 1925 along with an oak wash stand.) I am also going to take the picture I have of my Great-Great Grandparents and reduce it down to fit in an oval frame to hang in the parlor.

Shoot -- I only have this one piece partially finished and I'm already decorating and accessorizing! :D

Chris, it looks great! Are you going to use the Chrysnbon rocking chair, or have you another? I got the bathroom fixtures set nto the McKinley & just realized I haven't yet made the seat or lid for the commode stool.

Are the places your chimneybreast has no stone going to have molding trim?

Are the places your chimneybreast has no stone going to have molding trim?

Haven't gotten that far in my thought process -- I'm really doing this by the seat of my pants! As I progressed further in my "rocking" -- it got easier to picture how it was going to look when I was finished. TIME CONSUMING!!!! Not sure I am going to do the outside in "rock" like I originally planned. I may have to rethink that "project". :D

I've been looking for a rocker -- haven't found just quite the right one yet. The C ones are nice, but not quite what I'm looking for.